The Imaginarium - Competition Thread [Complete]

tcool123

Original Poster
1632889405910.png

A strange temporal shift has been set off in our universe...it seems that the rosters of the teams has been effected by this mysterious malicious mechanical menace of the darkness.

Team Imaginators please welcome @Shannoninthemagic to your roster of imagineers!

Team Innovators please welcome @MickeyWaffleCo. to your roster of imagineers!

Whatever this mysterious force beyond may be, we know that it is definitely malicious! Keep an eye out teams you never know where danger may lurk.

tcool123

Original Poster
- Chapter Two: The Mechanical Menace -
Challenge Four: Batuu Befuddlement

1632889788590.png

Welcome to the fourth challenge of The Imaginarium in this chapter we continue our trek through the realms of sci-fi and the future in order to track down this mechanical menace. This challenge sees teams travelling to a galaxy far far away, landing onto the galaxies' edge, Batuu. As we know Disney's Hollywood Studios is woefully underbuilt with one of the lowest park capacities in Orlando, but not for much longer!

Teams must create an attraction within Galaxies Edge, with a large hourly capacity to make up for the lesser capacity of Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Make sure to utilize of time management skills alongside the delegation of tasks and teamwork! Teams are welcome to do any type of attraction, but make sure that the attraction has a high capacity.

Guest Judges & More
@Outbound
@Disney Warrior
@montydysquith-navarro
@Orange Cat 2 - the Funny Woman
@mickeyfan5534 - the Mentor
@spacemt354 - the Observer
@Pi on my Cake - the Pi on the Wall

Team Innovator's Chief Imagineer
@PerGron

Team Imaginator's Chief Imagineer
@Brer Panther

Challenge Four: Batuu Befuddlement is due on Monday, October 4th at 10 PM EST.

tcool123

Original Poster
Well thats disappointing for me, but hey on the bright side its been fun, i would maybe stay in the forum if u show me the link @tcool123 or if i'm on the right one, but for now i have other projects to do. Well thanks for letting me play this amazing competition, & looking forward for more of them real soon, well so long for now
Don't worry you're already in the Imagineering forum :D

Will definitely keep an eye out for them, and encourage everyone to do the same in their free time!

spacemt354

Chili's
While not a REDUX challenge in full - this round does remind me of SYWTBAI Season 13, when we had to add an E-ticket expansion to Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland. The catch being though, that this season was in Summer 2016, 3 years before Galaxy's Edge even opened.

And ironically both teams went with a similar concept (though naturally I enjoy our project more;))

Star Wars: Bounty Hunt

lEiQ6rF.jpg
ViNs9wU.jpg

EvH0pEO.jpg

Star Wars: Galactic Bounty Hunters

28219565131_c83cac0507_b.jpg

full

full

PerGron

Hey gang.

I was hit at a red light on my way home from work today. I’m okay, just kinda sore. My rear bumper and deck lid suffered some serious cosmetic damage. But I’m here, and I’m looking over the Tomorrowland projects.
Glad you’re okay! When I was hit a while back, it was the scariest thing ever. Hope all is well and your car recovers quickly!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
0585B6BA-C729-460D-A50A-CDADCAF19935.png

REVIEWS

THE TRENCH

First of all, kudos on choosing a water-based theme! With Tomorrowland attractions the default theme is always outer space, so it was refreshing to see your team go for something less obvious. And to top that off, this concept fits into the land flawlessly!

I really appreciate the ride system. Overly complex theater based attractions are awesome and I wish we had more of them.

The experience itself sounds like a ton of fun! I just wish there were some additional photos or artwork accompanying the write up. The character Brer drew is absolutely adorable and I would like a Squishable made ASAP plz. I would have also appreciated at least a map with the attraction layout, but overall this was a great effort and I really enjoyed it.

ALIEN CONSERVATION CENTER

Another very unique concept. Aliens are no stranger to Tomorrowland, but this is a very unique take on the idea.

I was immediately enthralled by the rendering of the updated show building and your attraction layout. They really helped me visualize your attraction.

Bold choice to make this a walkthrough as well. Disneyland Paris has a lot of walkthrough attractions, and there have bee a few at Disneyland, but none were ever as elaborate as this.

I appreciate some of the small details such as the animals “entering and existing through a portal” at the beginning and ending of every day. The animals themselves were also extremely unique and I really got a kick out of them.

Perhaps the one thing that your project needed was a little bit more story during the actual attraction. I realize it’s a “zoo” of sorts, but it is also in the Magic Kingdom so a little story wouldn’t hurt.

But overall I really enjoyed it a lot.

Both projects were really good in their own ways, and I absolutely loved that you both went for totally original concepts instead of forcing another IP into Tomorrowland.

PerGron

TEAM INNOVATORS PRESENTS…
7B672E5B-F684-4A6F-843B-5385583BC568.jpeg
(click logo for SWGE attraction ad)

With its remoteness on the edge of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories, so much is still unknown about Batuu and its history. Batuuans have become accustomed to the smugglers who have made the Black Spire Outpost their home and the steady stream of First Order troops who patrol their streets. Long held rumors of the Jedi's ancient presence in this isolated place, stoke the imagination.

Opening in the summer of 2023, guests to Star Wars Galaxy's Edge will have their chance to uncover the mysteries of the Jedi in an all-new attraction coming to Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. Bringing a bit of familiar and new to Star Wars fans of all ages, guests will explore the furthest recesses of the Outpost to uncover the mysteries of the Jedi in this unique and storytelling experience. What mysteries will unfold? What stories will be told? Clear your mind and find your way on Star Wars: Streams of the Force.

LOCATION & FACADE

Streams of the Force replaces the expansion pad in the southwest corner of Galaxy's Edge. A rather large area is available, and Streams of the Force uses most of this area. The expansion pad is positioned on the opposite side of the land from Rise of the Resistance, allowing for a relatively even spread of attractions across the land.

DA289419-417E-4149-B0C3-3EF353562A16.png

Aerial view of Galaxy's Edge under construction, with the expansion pad used for Streams of the Force highlighted in green.

C86CD574-2AEB-4614-9032-DEAE24D7124E.png

The facade area as it appears today. The future entrance to Streams of the Force is labeled.

The entrance to the attraction is in a First Order-controlled area, contrasting greatly with Rise of the Resistance's Resistance base. Guests enter the queue through a Black Spire Outpost shop that has been taken over by the First Order and converted into a storage area for Jedi and Sith relics. Here guests begin their adventure.

RIDE SYSTEM & CAPACITY

Streams of the Force utilizes the time-tested boat flume ride system familiar from It’s a Small World and the original Pirates of the Caribbean. To this day, this stands as one of the highest-capacity ride systems in Disney’s arsenal, easily able to send 3,360 rides through per hour. The flume system delivers a long, custom ride-time. The ride has no height requirement, making it a welcome counterbalance to the more thrilling rides of Galaxy’s Edge.

3ECC6398-7694-4DCC-AD1C-7D327F65215A.png

Each individual bateaux boat seats up to 24 rides, with six rows seating four across. Two boats load simultaneously, allowing cast members to maximize throughput. While the two boats dispatch at once, the rear boat rests at a holding brake for 25 seconds to allow for sufficient spacing between boats. On average, boat groups are dispatched every 50 seconds. A spur track leads to a separate ADA loading platform for less mobile guests. This allows everyone the chance to experience Streams of the Force without disrupting the standby queue.​

Riders per hour: 3,360
Riders per boat: 24
Total number of boats: 38
Ride duration: 12 minutes
Height requirement: None​

QUEUE

The queue for Streams of the Force slowly, effortlessly transports guests deeper into Jedi lore. They will begin in the First Order occupied section of urban Batuu. A journey deeper and deeper underground will carry guests first through a First Order dig site, and then further back in time – metaphorically, of course – further away from the distractions of the modern galaxy and into the ancient world of the Force.

119990E4-4F40-479C-9926-DF6DD770FCDF.png

Jedi Artifact Gallery

Guests first find themselves within a typical Batuu storehouse. The space has been occupied and converted by the First Order, transformed into a Jedi artifact gallery. Ancient Jedi relics sit on display behind glass cases, numbered and catalogued.

Behold, rusted & dismantled light saber handles. The faint glow from a dusty Wayfinder. Masks of Sith Lords from millennia past. Seeing stones. Signet rings. A Jedi star compass. Small, depleted Kyber crystals.

0254A00B-C910-428E-8068-1EDC30D5512A.png

The Warehouse

Narrow mud hallways open out into a massive warehouse space. Picture, if you will, a Star Warsvariation on the classic warehouse at the conclusion to Raiders of the Lost Ark. The queue route zigzags around stacked cases bearing Aurebesh runes. Around every corner, there are more relics to be seen.

From catwalks overhead, guests catch glimpses of frenzied First Order activity. Storm Trooper footsteps pound the grates above. Their shadows project against the far, weathered stone wall. Every so often, guests can even listen in on snippets of dialogue cueing them in on the situation: First Order officers discuss the possible location of a hidden Jedi temple. Kylo Ren storms in demanding progress updates (his dig site engineer responds with a plea that “Archeology is not an exact science,” echoing Raiders’ Beloq). Kylo even threatens his underlyings with Force Holds, causing the assorted crates to shudder under this mystic energy.

Ultimately, guests continue through the legs of an AT-ST “Chicken Walker,” and deeper into the active dig.

7A7B328B-0A9E-48CA-9D50-70CB0835AE5F.png

First Order Dig Site

Narrow aisles lead into the fresh stone, into the crystalline petrified trees which once formed the forests of Batuu eons ago. Drill marks and blast damage form a new path.

Guests pass along titanium catwalks over mine shafts below. Mists block views, suggesting bottomless pits. There is the constant, ambient sound of First Order grunts hard at work searching for Jedi relics. These sights recall the Spice Mines of Kessel. Animatronic droids flit about overhead on guide rails, carrying freshly hewn granite from the pits below. Other droids line terraced subterranean cliffs, cutting into the rockface with laser instruments.

D243AD90-189B-4F02-8293-0BDC40D48447.png

The Ancient Cisterns of Batuu

Ever deeper guests continue into Batuu’s ancient crust, further away now from the First Order’s buzz of activity. The path leads downwards into a forgotten cistern system set beneath the Outpost. The First Order knows of these catacombs, but they have dismissed them, content to dig elsewhere. First Order graffiti mars some of the earlier walls, though eventually it begins to fade away.

Vaulted cistern ceilings vanish around a crescent-curved corner. Guest walkways hug the inner wall, right alongside pools of azure blue water. The water’s shimmering reflection seems to animate the tiled ceilings, illuminating century-old Jedi murals. Occasionally, just beneath the water’s surface, guests might glimpse a gliding animatronic dragonsnake (similar to the creatures of Dagobah).

The cisterns seemingly dead end in a basilica dome. Here, cast members clad as Light Side acolytes greet guests. The route splits off at a Y into two chambers – two pre-show rooms – with enough room in each to accommodate up to 100 guests…large enough to ensure constant queue throughout and strong capacity.

A598485A-E2B3-4061-8046-5E2754F55479.png

Pre-Show – The Path of the Light Side

Through the door, there seems to be nothing. Just a massive rockslide blocking the way. Monolithic boulders, with a feint cavernous airflow coming through their cracks.

But slowly, surely, a subtle blue light emerges from the craggy cracks. It’s like the Light Side of the Force revealing itself!

There is a sudden sparkle of blue LED lightning. It recedes. Master Yoda appears before the assembled group as a Force Ghost. This is a simple effect, but no less effective: Merely a Pepper’s Ghost projection of a real Yoda animatronic hidden in the ceiling overhead. With a contemplative gaze, Yoda regards his latest students. He begins.

4C928265-D245-4EC8-BCF5-432A644025D4.png

Seeking an ancient Jedi temple, you are? Mmm! Found it, you have!

Only to those the Forces chooses, will the pathway forward be revealed. Together, you are strong in the Force. Channel your combined energies, you must. Let the Light Side flow through you. Do, or do not. There is no try.

Yoda fades away, replaced by the swelling strings of “Yoda’s Theme” by John Williams. The ground below guests’ feet rumbles. The Light Side gently overtakes the chamber, channeled by guests’ concentration. Together, they perform a Force Lift. Rockslide rubble starts to levitate, at first just smaller pebbles, but soon large rocks float upwards, freed from gravity, until surely even the titanic boulders physically clear a path.

The dead end is gone! Beneath shuddering, floating stones, a new pathway reveals itself. The secrets of the Jedi are ahead…

RIDE THROUGH
Scene I: The Crystal Caves

Once in our boats, imbued with the light side of the Force, we begin on our journey through the caverns beneath Batuu towards the long lost Jedi temple. Upon exiting the cavern created by their force powers, guests enter into an all new location. The cave is dark, with many rock features piled on top of each other. However, as we begin to trek deeper into the cave, the crystals sense our light side energy and begin to reveal themselves. One by one, the room begins to light up with blueish light.

k3d-sz98ZJxuxXjMACo6FILZptcQvjbWxcKPvURDcHr_w36mSrce6apPGSoKXbz5cPeUiiY-XKg-xb3pfuLrtc26aooSQ8hpfbokNW8HLL3QQZjjV4GEC7ZIZNeG9zGA3NkC44eU=s0

Passing through the cave, more and more crystals reveal themselves, filling the caverns with a mystical sense of color and light. Very distantly, the Force theme may be heard as the voice of a disembodied Yoda speaks over the shimmering and glowing of the lights. “Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you.”

The cave glitters and glistens as we see the single blue lights transforming into a variety of colors. Blues, greens, purples, yellows, cyan, indigos, magentas, and oranges fill the caverns as the sweeping score fills the chamber as the lights glimmer and glow, dancing in a wave of colors in front of our eyes. With the full power of the kyber crystals shown to us, we pass underneath an archway and out of the cave into a subterranean jungle.

Scene II: The Jungle

As we enter the subterranean jungle, we hear the disembodied voice of one Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi who says “The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.” With that, the jungle too, like the cave, begins to light up with bioluminescence, much like that seen in Pandora: The World of Avatar. As we wind though, we see the way the Force impacts all living things, including animatronics of multiple different Star Wars creatures. We pass by a herd of Fathiers grazing on the grasses within the jungle as well as see Klatooine Paddy Frogs (the creatures Jabba the Hutt eats in Return of the Jedi), Nuna, Convor perched on the trees above.

O2qvYOUmgBvTByedtvYByMuchIA0rp5cdZz-foaMbGG3TWAie35SfQ1oL3mnovWbOIN0juTiCYESUFaQlooroGiiojjRL704_bJ-XLtkmcq3Amp9dusnbVNyyO-vzLdt52FkPRZI=s0

We then pass by a Nexu feasting on some fallen animal as it turns and looks at us before returning to his meal. We continue through and see other creatures from Kowakian monkey lizards, a Varactyl, and mynocks above. Finally, we reach the entrance to the Jedi Temple, built up at the end of the riverside in the jungle where a massive jungle rancor stands guard. The rancor roars at us, but seems to acknowledge us and moves its arms as if beckoning us into the temple.

iZ4SdKH1qboYRssOL1lTHfg8O7Spp3bFGNQtsPJ2TxiddvOXAhkJLH0K3wtO4LOdcY4zFn---R6TJCeHHt7t3NMsiItmJzjqef3u6cBcf4gGhj4KH0PjsPY9uedOGPdK2n0wfHkj=s0

Scene III: Temple Ruins

Our boats pass the rancor and enter into the Jedi Temple where we see it has been long abandoned. Pillars are crumbling and old pieces of artwork depicting the Jedi Order are faded from view. As we pass through, we see a loth cat sitting atop a pile of rubble and hear the voice of Ahsoka Tano as she says “In my experience, when you think you understand the Force, you realize how little you know.” The Loth cat “mews” and we pass through into a room with massive statues and paintings depicting the Jedi Order in a tall ceiling.

nhxXVQaZMT0ZllKl5Zcn1Ajnv_e_CQ42RbLtmumww3_81UbdB1tqFMuwOEgsv71Tp1jf4Mo5GE_RVM6Jq9YU0PUXoMm5ZyKmCsL_rguRYkWKuONCrFAVebF_TRYJ_HR___HsLum6=s0

The artwork here depicts major events in the Jedi’s history, from their formation from the order of the Je’daii on Tython to their massive war against the Sith order to the High Republic where the Jedi are truly the guardians of peace and justice to a portrait of a faceless Jedi wielding both a red and blue lightsaber and combining them to create a white beam depicting Anakin being the chosen one. Other artwork we pass include the burning of a Jedi temple reminiscent of the Great Jedi Purge, the rising of a New Hope depicted by the rising of a sun over a dark planet, the creation of two balls of energy equal in size and strength (referencing the force dyad of Ben and Rey), and finally, the restoration of the Jedi Order.

Towards the back of the temple is a towering waterfall that spills into our stream with the stream directing us down a different path. However, as we approach, whispers that tempt us towards the waterfall lure us in, promising things in different languages. While some can be made out like “power” and “protect the ones you love,” others in different alien languages say “fastpasses,” “souvenirs,” and “hotel stays” as nods to guests who do the research into the languages.

UI3V0Ht_GnOiqi_kkmbIW04NX4pD_ENJP12wHkzJEwVHiclHaQ4UYCGmQkvtIBjd8gNlXZk0SV2_8pHfW2s9qoQYDPC8eRI5P5ehL_kmTWxPeVKZmeUzSNF18TgaFcbxAyr5D6zT=s0

We approach the waterfall and the whispers grow louder and louder as the falls slowly turns to a trickle. We reach where the falls fell just a moment before and just as it’s too late to turn back, we hear evil cackling as we plunge down a drop hill into a dark side reservoir.

Scene IV: The Dark Side Reservoir

We recover from our sudden drop and find ourselves within a shrine to the dark side. We see figures of dark side users clad in robes carved from stone lining the pathways. As we pass through, we hear voices of long-dead dark side users speaking. We hear Maul saying “Fear. Fear Attracts The Fearful, The Strong, The Weak, The Innocent, The Corrupt. Fear! Fear Is My Ally!” Dooku saying “I sense great fear in you. You have hate. You have anger. But you don’t use them?” As these voices ring out, we begin to climb a hill towards a crimson light.

q4KGaeJN-ExZeiZGm_4s6mrl_et2Zpcb9NGozWXbjmJ1JNQXYjcx1nkwzJYk2WYiRDO9LyMcaTHqTqkr5p0F2mNEKAY5H4JbCG5ovIStXMPHDjot33AN7KcKmxhP2fnATpIez7--=s0

We continue through as a mirror of crystals near the back begin to glow a deep crimson and slowly a figure forms in it. More voices can be heard as the figure materializes. Snoke can be heard saying “A cur’s weakness, properly manipulated, can be a sharp tool.” We soon hear the chanting of sith acolytes as the figure in the mirror begins to fully form. Just before it does, we hear Vader’s breathing as he says “The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.” A gust of wind blows through the cavern and the chanting stops as the image of Emperor Palpatine appears. Our boat stops just in front and switches tracks, much like Maelstrom did.

Xum-thI_logUVVeS-47Wz3xCD0CUvZCbOB6a8d4qloLfrYDweAKyuDBssKdR84V0_Vcmfi3rl1N1yUdu2f-68fW4oKhT3U3LAZfpVh6kHcKnFSvDYMMwDcf68_vdhniRcpY8Xg7y=s0

Palpatine laughs and tells the boat “Your desire for power has led you to me. You will now see the full power of the dark side.” Force lightning shoots out of his fingers and crawls along the walls, illuminating the cave far more than the crimson light emanating from the crystal mirror. Like spiderwebs, the lightning crawls along the walls and ceilings, backlighting a series of statues of sith. However, instead of carved faces, guests will be surprised to see their faces (pictures taken at a discreet moment in the crystal caves) projected onto the statues, showcasing them as the sith. All of this occurs as The Emperor’s theme fills the caverns.

We flow by, backwards, as the music soon swells and mixes with Binary Sunset and we hear Luke Skywalker’s voice say “You’ve failed your highness. They are Jedi, like all those before them who faced the Dark Side.” We reach a point in the track where we turn back around and plunge down a second waterfall

Scene V: Finale

We plunge down and return to the outside of the Jedi temple. Here, before our eyes (using the projection similar to Rey in RotR) we see the force ghosts of Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Ben Kenobi, and Anakin Skywalker. The final words are uttered by Anakin who says “May the force be with you, always.”

xYujr24gsHu5ZE0MYOZcJnbHAXrmUjfo7wlPbICSs01XqxnT72p8Hmn-KeDgH4YcYpjwc-lrbsdER1aLyv8h194hEMtr95Ro6aK8jcHomSQWHgiDN2lTNJCJ235w9TALu3rIS6Z_=s0

With that, the four Jedi use the force to lift a pile of rocks out of the way to create an exit back into the cisterns where they then unload and return back to Batuu above.

Last edited:

DisneyFan18

TEAM IMAGINATORS PRESENTS…
THE GRAND BATUU ESCAPADE

EXTERIOR

The entrance to the ride is located on a newly built area between the current Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Adventure. The facade is themed to a cave with Batuu Exploration Tours written on sign next to the entrance. The area is surrounded by green trees. And there’s a backwards waterfall over the entrance. It’s made with some Disney magic to simulate that the water is going up instead of down. Over Batuu, posters for Batuu Exploration will be placed all over the streets. And some cast members might let you know that there’s a rumor going around about a ship being recently found and scrappers being hired to search around.
QUEUE

The queue is leading into a building titled "Batuu Exolpartion tours," Posters and ads dot the walls as they enter in, slowly, the walls start to have moss covering them and after a few more turns they enter the preshow, where their mission is explained, they file out of the preshow area and down a few more hallways to the boats.
PRE-SHOW

After a few turns through the moss covered walls. The guests will reach the maintenance bay where the pre-show takes place. There are a couple of broken down ships and spare parts all over the room. It’s a mess. However, there’s also a beautiful view of the river in the back. Nevertheless, the main attraction will be an animatronic of Bukr Terr, a big and shady Besalisk that runs the place. He’ll inform the guests that a Trade Federation Battleship has been discovered and that he’s looking for scrappers to bring some interesting and valuable findings from it. After assuring the guests that they will be fairly compensated, he tells them he feels like he’s forgetting something important but that time is money so they better get going.
RIDE SYSTEM

The ride system used for this attraction will be similar to Pirates of the Caribbean. It will be a fun quick paced boat ride through Batuu’s underground rivers. However, in contrast to Pirates of the Caribbean, screens will be used to enhances physical sets to make reality the larger than life locations that the guests will be travel through. Meanwhile, the ride vehicle design will resemble an D-11 water speeder. And it will come in four different colors: yellow, red, purple and black. However, some of the parts of the ride vehicle won’t seem to fit right to give the illusion that it has been through maintenance a couple of times.
RIDE DESCRIPTION

The ride begins as the guests travel down the cave system. It begins as a slow paced ride where guests can appreciate the flora and fauna. They’ll also be able to spot a Clone Trooper encampment with rusted equipment, rations, and helmet memorials. Then they’ll enter a dark cavern that will be followed by a drop. Afterwards, the Battleship will be revealed to the guests. It will be a mix of a practical set and screens blended together. It will be on the far end of an open lagoon guests can see the part of the ship's command center, which juts out of the water, a large hole in its hull.
After entering the spaceship. The guests will travel down abandoned corridors. It will be a very somber atmosphere with flickering lights and strange noises until the reach the bridge. The ship will bump with one of the sides and it will activate the emergency protocols. And a couple of Doidekas suddenly jolt to life, and begin firing towards guests. Thankfully the guests’ ship is equipped with shields that deflect those attacks. However, the shields won’t last forever, so the pace picks up as the guests try to find a way out of the ship before they run out of luck.

The droid action results on the battleship beginning to sink - shown through fire, lighting, and some kinetic effects in the actual sets. There’s guests accidentally floated into an elevator, which starts ascending diagonally. And the doors open into the hangar, which is inhabited by creature, whose awoken by the droids. After a couple of explosions the guests are dropped backwards, barely managing to escape the sinking ship. The finale takes place in the outside as they travel down the river until they re-enter the cave, where Bukr Terr is waiting for the guests.​

Chaos Cat

TEAM INNOVATORS PRESENTS…
Jedi Boat Ride Logo Alternate.jpg
(click logo for SWGE attraction ad)

With its remoteness on the edge of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories, so much is still unknown about Batuu and its history. Batuuans have become accustomed to the smugglers who have made the Black Spire Outpost their home and the steady stream of First Order troops who patrol their streets. Long held rumors of the Jedi's ancient presence in this isolated place, stoke the imagination.

Opening in the summer of 2023, guests to Star Wars Galaxy's Edge will have their chance to uncover the mysteries of the Jedi in an all-new attraction coming to Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. Bringing a bit of familiar and new to Star Wars fans of all ages, guests will explore the furthest recesses of the Outpost to uncover the mysteries of the Jedi in this unique and storytelling experience. What mysteries will unfold? What stories will be told? Clear your mind and find your way on Star Wars: Streams of the Force.

LOCATION & FACADE

Streams of the Force replaces the expansion pad in the southwest corner of Galaxy's Edge. A rather large area is available, and Streams of the Force uses most of this area. The expansion pad is positioned on the opposite side of the land from Rise of the Resistance, allowing for a relatively even spread of attractions across the land.

Map.png

Aerial view of Galaxy's Edge under construction, with the expansion pad used for Streams of the Force highlighted in green.

Facade w: Label.png

The facade area as it appears today. The future entrance to Streams of the Force is labeled.

The entrance to the attraction is in a First Order-controlled area, contrasting greatly with Rise of the Resistance's Resistance base. Guests enter the queue through a Black Spire Outpost shop that has been taken over by the First Order and converted into a storage area for Jedi and Sith relics. Here guests begin their adventure.

RIDE SYSTEM & CAPACITY

Streams of the Force utilizes the time-tested boat flume ride system familiar from It’s a Small World and the original Pirates of the Caribbean. To this day, this stands as one of the highest-capacity ride systems in Disney’s arsenal, easily able to send 3,360 rides through per hour. The flume system delivers a long, custom ride-time. The ride has no height requirement, making it a welcome counterbalance to the more thrilling rides of Galaxy’s Edge.

1633369909413.png

Each individual bateaux boat seats up to 24 rides, with six rows seating four across. Two boats load simultaneously, allowing cast members to maximize throughput. While the two boats dispatch at once, the rear boat rests at a holding brake for 25 seconds to allow for sufficient spacing between boats. On average, boat groups are dispatched every 50 seconds. A spur track leads to a separate ADA loading platform for less mobile guests. This allows everyone the chance to experience Streams of the Force without disrupting the standby queue.​

Riders per hour: 3,360
Riders per boat: 24
Total number of boats: 38
Ride duration: 12 minutes
Height requirement: None​

QUEUE

The queue for Streams of the Force slowly, effortlessly transports guests deeper into Jedi lore. They will begin in the First Order occupied section of urban Batuu. A journey deeper and deeper underground will carry guests first through a First Order dig site, and then further back in time – metaphorically, of course – further away from the distractions of the modern galaxy and into the ancient world of the Force.

1633369982983.png

Jedi Artifact Gallery

Guests first find themselves within a typical Batuu storehouse. The space has been occupied and converted by the First Order, transformed into a Jedi artifact gallery. Ancient Jedi relics sit on display behind glass cases, numbered and catalogued.

Behold, rusted & dismantled light saber handles. The faint glow from a dusty Wayfinder. Masks of Sith Lords from millennia past. Seeing stones. Signet rings. A Jedi star compass. Small, depleted Kyber crystals.

1633370012366.png

The Warehouse

Narrow mud hallways open out into a massive warehouse space. Picture, if you will, a Star Warsvariation on the classic warehouse at the conclusion to Raiders of the Lost Ark. The queue route zigzags around stacked cases bearing Aurebesh runes. Around every corner, there are more relics to be seen.

From catwalks overhead, guests catch glimpses of frenzied First Order activity. Storm Trooper footsteps pound the grates above. Their shadows project against the far, weathered stone wall. Every so often, guests can even listen in on snippets of dialogue cueing them in on the situation: First Order officers discuss the possible location of a hidden Jedi temple. Kylo Ren storms in demanding progress updates (his dig site engineer responds with a plea that “Archeology is not an exact science,” echoing Raiders’ Beloq). Kylo even threatens his underlyings with Force Holds, causing the assorted crates to shudder under this mystic energy.

Ultimately, guests continue through the legs of an AT-ST “Chicken Walker,” and deeper into the active dig.

1633370042644.png

First Order Dig Site

Narrow aisles lead into the fresh stone, into the crystalline petrified trees which once formed the forests of Batuu eons ago. Drill marks and blast damage form a new path.

Guests pass along titanium catwalks over mine shafts below. Mists block views, suggesting bottomless pits. There is the constant, ambient sound of First Order grunts hard at work searching for Jedi relics. These sights recall the Spice Mines of Kessel. Animatronic droids flit about overhead on guide rails, carrying freshly hewn granite from the pits below. Other droids line terraced subterranean cliffs, cutting into the rockface with laser instruments.

1633370075936.png

The Ancient Cisterns of Batuu

Ever deeper guests continue into Batuu’s ancient crust, further away now from the First Order’s buzz of activity. The path leads downwards into a forgotten cistern system set beneath the Outpost. The First Order knows of these catacombs, but they have dismissed them, content to dig elsewhere. First Order graffiti mars some of the earlier walls, though eventually it begins to fade away.

Vaulted cistern ceilings vanish around a crescent-curved corner. Guest walkways hug the inner wall, right alongside pools of azure blue water. The water’s shimmering reflection seems to animate the tiled ceilings, illuminating century-old Jedi murals. Occasionally, just beneath the water’s surface, guests might glimpse a gliding animatronic dragonsnake (similar to the creatures of Dagobah).

The cisterns seemingly dead end in a basilica dome. Here, cast members clad as Light Side acolytes greet guests. The route splits off at a Y into two chambers – two pre-show rooms – with enough room in each to accommodate up to 100 guests…large enough to ensure constant queue throughout and strong capacity.

1633370123106.png

Pre-Show – The Path of the Light Side

Through the door, there seems to be nothing. Just a massive rockslide blocking the way. Monolithic boulders, with a feint cavernous airflow coming through their cracks.

But slowly, surely, a subtle blue light emerges from the craggy cracks. It’s like the Light Side of the Force revealing itself!

There is a sudden sparkle of blue LED lightning. It recedes. Master Yoda appears before the assembled group as a Force Ghost. This is a simple effect, but no less effective: Merely a Pepper’s Ghost projection of a real Yoda animatronic hidden in the ceiling overhead. With a contemplative gaze, Yoda regards his latest students. He begins.

1633370154531.png

Seeking an ancient Jedi temple, you are? Mmm! Found it, you have!

Only to those the Forces chooses, will the pathway forward be revealed. Together, you are strong in the Force. Channel your combined energies, you must. Let the Light Side flow through you. Do, or do not. There is no try.

Yoda fades away, replaced by the swelling strings of “Yoda’s Theme” by John Williams. The ground below guests’ feet rumbles. The Light Side gently overtakes the chamber, channeled by guests’ concentration. Together, they perform a Force Lift. Rockslide rubble starts to levitate, at first just smaller pebbles, but soon large rocks float upwards, freed from gravity, until surely even the titanic boulders physically clear a path.

The dead end is gone! Beneath shuddering, floating stones, a new pathway reveals itself. The secrets of the Jedi are ahead…

RIDE THROUGH
Scene I: The Crystal Caves

Once in our boats, imbued with the light side of the Force, we begin on our journey through the caverns beneath Batuu towards the long lost Jedi temple. Upon exiting the cavern created by their force powers, guests enter into an all new location. The cave is dark, with many rock features piled on top of each other. However, as we begin to trek deeper into the cave, the crystals sense our light side energy and begin to reveal themselves. One by one, the room begins to light up with blueish light.

k3d-sz98ZJxuxXjMACo6FILZptcQvjbWxcKPvURDcHr_w36mSrce6apPGSoKXbz5cPeUiiY-XKg-xb3pfuLrtc26aooSQ8hpfbokNW8HLL3QQZjjV4GEC7ZIZNeG9zGA3NkC44eU=s0

Passing through the cave, more and more crystals reveal themselves, filling the caverns with a mystical sense of color and light. Very distantly, the Force theme may be heard as the voice of a disembodied Yoda speaks over the shimmering and glowing of the lights. “Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you.”

The cave glitters and glistens as we see the single blue lights transforming into a variety of colors. Blues, greens, purples, yellows, cyan, indigos, magentas, and oranges fill the caverns as the sweeping score fills the chamber as the lights glimmer and glow, dancing in a wave of colors in front of our eyes. With the full power of the kyber crystals shown to us, we pass underneath an archway and out of the cave into a subterranean jungle.

Scene II: The Jungle

As we enter the subterranean jungle, we hear the disembodied voice of one Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi who says “The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.” With that, the jungle too, like the cave, begins to light up with bioluminescence, much like that seen in Pandora: The World of Avatar. As we wind though, we see the way the Force impacts all living things, including animatronics of multiple different Star Wars creatures. We pass by a herd of Fathiers grazing on the grasses within the jungle as well as see Klatooine Paddy Frogs (the creatures Jabba the Hutt eats in Return of the Jedi), Nuna, Convor perched on the trees above.

O2qvYOUmgBvTByedtvYByMuchIA0rp5cdZz-foaMbGG3TWAie35SfQ1oL3mnovWbOIN0juTiCYESUFaQlooroGiiojjRL704_bJ-XLtkmcq3Amp9dusnbVNyyO-vzLdt52FkPRZI=s0

We then pass by a Nexu feasting on some fallen animal as it turns and looks at us before returning to his meal. We continue through and see other creatures from Kowakian monkey lizards, a Varactyl, and mynocks above. Finally, we reach the entrance to the Jedi Temple, built up at the end of the riverside in the jungle where a massive jungle rancor stands guard. The rancor roars at us, but seems to acknowledge us and moves its arms as if beckoning us into the temple.

iZ4SdKH1qboYRssOL1lTHfg8O7Spp3bFGNQtsPJ2TxiddvOXAhkJLH0K3wtO4LOdcY4zFn---R6TJCeHHt7t3NMsiItmJzjqef3u6cBcf4gGhj4KH0PjsPY9uedOGPdK2n0wfHkj=s0

Scene III: Temple Ruins

Our boats pass the rancor and enter into the Jedi Temple where we see it has been long abandoned. Pillars are crumbling and old pieces of artwork depicting the Jedi Order are faded from view. As we pass through, we see a loth cat sitting atop a pile of rubble and hear the voice of Ahsoka Tano as she says “In my experience, when you think you understand the Force, you realize how little you know.” The Loth cat “mews” and we pass through into a room with massive statues and paintings depicting the Jedi Order in a tall ceiling.

nhxXVQaZMT0ZllKl5Zcn1Ajnv_e_CQ42RbLtmumww3_81UbdB1tqFMuwOEgsv71Tp1jf4Mo5GE_RVM6Jq9YU0PUXoMm5ZyKmCsL_rguRYkWKuONCrFAVebF_TRYJ_HR___HsLum6=s0

The artwork here depicts major events in the Jedi’s history, from their formation from the order of the Je’daii on Tython to their massive war against the Sith order to the High Republic where the Jedi are truly the guardians of peace and justice to a portrait of a faceless Jedi wielding both a red and blue lightsaber and combining them to create a white beam depicting Anakin being the chosen one. Other artwork we pass include the burning of a Jedi temple reminiscent of the Great Jedi Purge, the rising of a New Hope depicted by the rising of a sun over a dark planet, the creation of two balls of energy equal in size and strength (referencing the force dyad of Ben and Rey), and finally, the restoration of the Jedi Order.

Towards the back of the temple is a towering waterfall that spills into our stream with the stream directing us down a different path. However, as we approach, whispers that tempt us towards the waterfall lure us in, promising things in different languages. While some can be made out like “power” and “protect the ones you love,” others in different alien languages say “fastpasses,” “souvenirs,” and “hotel stays” as nods to guests who do the research into the languages.

UI3V0Ht_GnOiqi_kkmbIW04NX4pD_ENJP12wHkzJEwVHiclHaQ4UYCGmQkvtIBjd8gNlXZk0SV2_8pHfW2s9qoQYDPC8eRI5P5ehL_kmTWxPeVKZmeUzSNF18TgaFcbxAyr5D6zT=s0

We approach the waterfall and the whispers grow louder and louder as the falls slowly turns to a trickle. We reach where the falls fell just a moment before and just as it’s too late to turn back, we hear evil cackling as we plunge down a drop hill into a dark side reservoir.

Scene IV: The Dark Side Reservoir

We recover from our sudden drop and find ourselves within a shrine to the dark side. We see figures of dark side users clad in robes carved from stone lining the pathways. As we pass through, we hear voices of long-dead dark side users speaking. We hear Maul saying “Fear. Fear Attracts The Fearful, The Strong, The Weak, The Innocent, The Corrupt. Fear! Fear Is My Ally!” Dooku saying “I sense great fear in you. You have hate. You have anger. But you don’t use them?” As these voices ring out, we begin to climb a hill towards a crimson light.

q4KGaeJN-ExZeiZGm_4s6mrl_et2Zpcb9NGozWXbjmJ1JNQXYjcx1nkwzJYk2WYiRDO9LyMcaTHqTqkr5p0F2mNEKAY5H4JbCG5ovIStXMPHDjot33AN7KcKmxhP2fnATpIez7--=s0

We continue through as a mirror of crystals near the back begin to glow a deep crimson and slowly a figure forms in it. More voices can be heard as the figure materializes. Snoke can be heard saying “A cur’s weakness, properly manipulated, can be a sharp tool.” We soon hear the chanting of sith acolytes as the figure in the mirror begins to fully form. Just before it does, we hear Vader’s breathing as he says “The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.” A gust of wind blows through the cavern and the chanting stops as the image of Emperor Palpatine appears. Our boat stops just in front and switches tracks, much like Maelstrom did.

Xum-thI_logUVVeS-47Wz3xCD0CUvZCbOB6a8d4qloLfrYDweAKyuDBssKdR84V0_Vcmfi3rl1N1yUdu2f-68fW4oKhT3U3LAZfpVh6kHcKnFSvDYMMwDcf68_vdhniRcpY8Xg7y=s0

Palpatine laughs and tells the boat “Your desire for power has led you to me. You will now see the full power of the dark side.” Force lightning shoots out of his fingers and crawls along the walls, illuminating the cave far more than the crimson light emanating from the crystal mirror. Like spiderwebs, the lightning crawls along the walls and ceilings, backlighting a series of statues of sith. However, instead of carved faces, guests will be surprised to see their faces (pictures taken at a discreet moment in the crystal caves) projected onto the statues, showcasing them as the sith. All of this occurs as The Emperor’s theme fills the caverns.

We flow by, backwards, as the music soon swells and mixes with Binary Sunset and we hear Luke Skywalker’s voice say “You’ve failed your highness. They are Jedi, like all those before them who faced the Dark Side.” We reach a point in the track where we turn back around and plunge down a second waterfall

Scene V: Finale

We plunge down and return to the outside of the Jedi temple. Here, before our eyes (using the projection similar to Rey in RotR) we see the force ghosts of Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Ben Kenobi, and Anakin Skywalker. The final words are uttered by Anakin who says “May the force be with you, always.”

xYujr24gsHu5ZE0MYOZcJnbHAXrmUjfo7wlPbICSs01XqxnT72p8Hmn-KeDgH4YcYpjwc-lrbsdER1aLyv8h194hEMtr95Ro6aK8jcHomSQWHgiDN2lTNJCJ235w9TALu3rIS6Z_=s0

With that, the four Jedi use the force to lift a pile of rocks out of the way to create an exit back into the cisterns where they then unload and return back to Batuu above.

A good chunk of your images aren't loading.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom