The House Cup: An Imagineering Competition

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

MonorailRed

Applebees
Could you post the teams in a text post also please? :D :) :p

Absolutely! It'll be up in a few minutes! :D

I didn't get a live sorting... :'( @MonorailRed I gave you Citrus Swirl!

So sorry MC! Thought I had everyone :(

Eh, I put you in Ravenclaw 3 days ago anyways :p So... Officially....

tumblr_nliyr83OHA1qlpk32o1_500.gif

Ravenclaw! :D

Tony the Tigger

Just a brief moment - thank you to all who have voted so far! Actually the sooner we all vote, the sooner we can get to the challenge!

Though, perhaps it's just my sleep deprived state...but I saw that there were (as of now) 88 total votes for the main challenges and 147 total votes for the mini-challenges.

If each person voted 7 times and 14 times respectively, 88/7=12.57 and 147/14=10.5:confused:

So either someone didn't vote in full or we have half a person running around in this comp:p

I totally messed up and just realized it lol. Record Store Day brain drain is killing me. I apparently clicked on the mini link and voted for 7 things thinking they were the main events (and I was thinking, "Wow, these are not very ambitious - they must really be emphasizing the "beginner" aspect here.

Whoops!

So I just voted for the 7 biggies but my mini vote is messed up.

I will be almost normal again by Sunday. Up at 5:30 Saturday morning to see how long the line is outside my store and be ready to open at 8. We got all the record store day stuff checked in, priced, alphabetized, and displayed. But there's so much more I want to do before opening!!

Sorry about the messed up vote.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I totally messed up and just realized it lol. Record Store Day brain drain is killing me. I apparently clicked on the mini link and voted for 7 things thinking they were the main events (and I was thinking, "Wow, these are not very ambitious - they must really be emphasizing the "beginner" aspect here.

Whoops!

So I just voted for the 7 biggies but my mini vote is messed up.

I will be almost normal again by Sunday. Up at 5:30 Saturday morning to see how long the line is outside my store and be ready to open at 8. We got all the record store day stuff checked in, priced, alphabetized, and displayed. But there's so much more I want to do before opening!!

Sorry about the messed up vote.
Haha you're all good! Don't worry!

Good luck tomorrow!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Challenge Voting Polls and *Tentative* Competition Schedule

Just wanted to say that the polls for Challenge selection are up! And with it, the approx competition schedule so you know what's coming.

The Challenge selection is divided into two polls:

The Main (Team) Challenge Poll
- These challenges are the ones that will last the duration of each Year at Hogwarts listed in the schedule below. From your challenges in the discussion thread, these are the ones that are more broad and large scale, therefore are given the most amount of time.

- Just an fyi for both the team and the mini-challenges below, I went through the ideas you all had for the most part and just copy/pasted the main points.
- For some ideas, I had to re-word them from a question to a statement so it made sense.
- There also some that overlapped (a new DHS land was a popular one) so I just included one of those unless there were specific differences.
- Also some seasoned members might notice some prior challenges. After thinking about it, I think it's alright. You all decide anyway what you want, but one that stuck out to me was to redo the Ticket and Transportation Center...I know that was the Elite Eight Challenge 1 from 2014, but in this current cast, only 4 people out of 28 participated in that...so it's not like everyone has done it before. And besides, the votes decide what gets in.

- Please vote for your 7 favorite challenges, so you may pick 7 options. The top 7 challenges at the end of the poll will be placed into Gringotts Vault for the competition.

Main Challenge Poll Link

Mini-Challenge Poll
- These challenges are the Bertie Bott Every Flavor Challenge (for more info see the first post in this thread) They are shorter (in length and time given), and also optional. Usually revolving around a small aspect of a theme park, and/or just a brief description.

- Please vote for your 14 favorite mini-challenges, so you may pick 14 options. The top 14 mini-challenges at the end of the poll will be placed into the Gringotts Vault for the competition.

Mini Challenge Poll Link

These votes are due by Sunday April 17th at 8:30 PM. After the polls are tallied, the first challenge will begin from random draw out of the Vault.
Final call for anyone who hasn't voted yet! Links and instructions are in the reply above

Most of the cast has already voted, which is awesome! Because, if you'd like, once the results are in we can begin!:happy:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Hello again!

So after over 200 total votes for the team challenges and over 300 total votes for the mini challenges - the standings have emerged with some overall favorites! I had said before that I'd close the poll on Sunday, but given that we've had such a quick response and a solid group of favorite challenges among the crowd, I don't want to keep you all waiting (I'm excited to start as I'm sure you all are:D)

Here's the standings (and you can view the full results too just by clicking on the results tab in the poll itself)

For the main (team) challenges - the Top 7 ("must sees":p) are: ....*drumroll*.....

1 - 16 votes - Design a final phase of New Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom ----- from @mickeyfan5534
2 - 14 votes - Design a new Future World Pavilion ---- from @David2319
3 - 13 votes - Re-design Disney Quest at Disney Springs ---- from @IAmNotAHufflepuff
4 - 13 votes - Design a new Animal Kingdom continent ---- from @David2319
5 - 12 votes - Design an E-ticket attraction based on a Disney/Pixar film not used for an attraction before ---- from @BNImagineer
6 - 11 votes - Re-design Disneyland Paris' Discoveryland ---- from @David2319
7 - 11 votes - Imagine Swan and Dolphin never existed, and design a deluxe resort in that location ---- from yours truly

For the mini-challenges - the Top 14 ("must sees") are:......*drumroll*......

1 - 17 votes - Design a new ride vehicle for any Disney attraction ---- from @David2319
2 - 16 votes - Re-design the Peoplemover with dark ride scenes ---- from @David2319
3 - 15 votes - Add a new show to replace the Circle of Life in the Land Pavilion ---- from @David2319 (wow...you are crushing it:p)
4 - 15 votes - Re-design a Disney coaster as a dark ride or re-design a Disney dark ride as a coaster ---- from @The90skid
5 - 13 votes - Design an interactive queue for any WDW attraction ---- from @DlpPhantom
6 - 13 votes - Re-design the aesthetics of Innoventions, walkways, exteriors, etc ---- from @David2319
7 - 12 votes - Design a new restaurant anywhere in WDW ---- from @The90skid
8 - 12 votes - Give a temporary Star Wars overlay to a classic Disney attraction ---- from @The90skid
9 - 11 votes - Create a new Disney park icon, and briefly describe the themes/lands of the new park ---- from @David2319
10 - 11 votes - With the recent success of The Jungle Book, include the film somehow in the parks ---- from @Brer Panther
11 - 11 votes - Add a new attraction to Main Street U.S.A. in WDW ---- from @David2319
12 - 11 votes - Add a method of transportation from Africa in DAK to the Animal Kingdom Lodge ---- from @David2319
13 - 10 votes - Re-theme California Screamin' at DCA ---- from @Brer Panther
14 - 10 votes - Design the Ultimate Disney Park Hedge Maze ---- from @The90skid
+
15 - Add a new attraction to either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon ---- from @GMR710 (I accidentally missed it for the poll, so to make up for it, if it's cool with everyone, it will just be an extra challenge. :bookworm:)

Thank you again to everyone who came up with challenges! If some of yours didn't make it, don't worry! Almost all of mine didn't either:hilarious: Everyone had fantastic ideas and we really couldn't go wrong with any of the options...I think we have a great group of challenges here for the competition!

I proposed this in the discussion thread, but I'll say it here again...going forward, how about we kick off the competition with the most popular voted challenge (Design the final phase of New Fantasyland). If you all want to do that - the challenge prompt will be posted tomorrow morning by @MonorailRed and the competition will begin!:D

If you all like that idea, which seemed favorable in the discussion thread...let the countdown begin!:cool:

MonorailRed

Applebees

YEAR ONE
IMAGINEERS AND THE FINAL FANTASYLAND

Thanks to @spacemt354 for the Year One artwork!

Welcome Houses to your first Team Challenge in The House Cup!

@Brer Panther, @ToInfinityAndBeyond, @deere839, @IAmNotAHufflepuff, @mickeyfan5534, @The90skid, @KingOfEpicocity, @DSquared, @spacemt354, @Mattyice16, @Tony the Tigger, @Flippin'Flounder, @DlpPhantom, @RMichael21, @tcool123, @David2319, @Sam4D23, @Basketbuddy101, @Matt7187, @ctxak98, @JokersWild, @Fox&Hound, @michmousefan , @MCParradox, @GMR710, @BNImagineer, @IDInstitute, and @disneydf

tumblr_static_f1p9zwvsy6o8w0wg80g4cc0so.png

Thank you @mickeyfan5534 for coming up with Year One's challenge idea!

From 2012 - 2014, New Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom opened in sections beginning with Storybook Circus, and culminating with the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. With New Fantasyland, while the outstanding visuals added much more depth and expansion to the area, it left the rest of Fantasyland somewhat underwhelming in thematic comparison.

For the first challenge, in your Houses, you must design a final Phase of New Fantasyland. You can remove/replace any attractions you like, change facades, and/or use expansion pads. Just make sure you don't use any fireworks safety zones (if you do you'd have to justify why you can use those areas, or move the fireworks)

Lastly, a brief word from Madam Hooch:
"I want a nice clean game...from all of you"

It's free reign this challenge, let's see what the Houses come up with!

This challenge is due.... Whenever you want! As a house, decide in your Common Room PMs on what time you'd prefer for a due date out of the three choices.

Friday April 29th at 12:00 AM EST, 12PM EST
Saturday April 30th at 12:00 AM EST, 12PM EST
Sunday May 1st at 12:00 AM EST, 12PM EST

tumblr_ldlczpWQ001qfvra2o1_500.gif

The Quaffle is released...and the games begin!

Please Note: Your Year One Challenge PMs will be created immediately.

MonorailRed

Applebees
YEAR ONE
IMAGINEERS AND THE FINAL FANTASYLAND

Thanks to @spacemt354 for the Year One artwork!

Welcome Houses to your first Team Challenge in The House Cup!

@Brer Panther, @ToInfinityAndBeyond, @deere839, @IAmNotAHufflepuff, @mickeyfan5534, @The90skid, @KingOfEpicocity, @DSquared, @spacemt354, @Mattyice16, @Tony the Tigger, @Flippin'Flounder, @DlpPhantom, @RMichael21, @tcool123, @David2319, @Sam4D23, @Basketbuddy101, @Matt7187, @ctxak98, @JokersWild, @Fox&Hound, @michmousefan , @MCParradox, @GMR710, @BNImagineer, @IDInstitute, and @disneydf

Thank you @mickeyfan5534 for coming up with Year One's challenge idea!

From 2012 - 2014, New Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom opened in sections beginning with Storybook Circus, and culminating with the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. With New Fantasyland, while the outstanding visuals added much more depth and expansion to the area, it left the rest of Fantasyland somewhat underwhelming in thematic comparison.

For the first challenge, in your Houses, you must design a final Phase of New Fantasyland. You can remove/replace any attractions you like, change facades, and/or use expansion pads. Just make sure you don't use any fireworks safety zones (if you do you'd have to justify why you can use those areas, or move the fireworks)

Lastly, a brief word from Madam Hooch:
"I want a nice clean game...from all of you"

It's free reign this challenge, let's see what the Houses come up with!

This challenge is due.... Whenever you want! As a house, decide in your Common Room PMs on what time you'd prefer for a due date out of the three choices.

Also, Houses.

You have 24 hours to decide your due date! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom