The House Cup: An Imagineering Competition

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Swish and flick...

With just a bit of magic (and the forum editing tools:p) we've arrived at the competition thread!:happy:

I'd like to officially welcome our 28 member cast to The House Cup!
@Brer Panther, @ToInfinityAndBeyond, @deere839, @IAmNotAHufflepuff, @mickeyfan5534, @The90skid, @KingOfEpicocity, @DSquared, @spacemt354, @Mattyice16, @Tony the Tigger, @Flippin'Flounder, @DlpPhantom, @RMichael21, @tcool123, @David2319, @Sam4D23, @Basketbuddy101, @Matt7187, @ctxak98, @JokersWild, @Fox&Hound, @michmousefan , @MCParradox, @GMR710, @BNImagineer, @IDInstitute, and @disneydf

And our current judges and guest judges @MonorailRed @Voxel @MANEATINGWREATH @Tip Top Club

This thread will be the main competition thread where you and your House will post your projects. It's also where all of the major announcements will be made about the competition. Such as, the upcoming schedule!

Tuesday April 12th (Today) till Thursday April 14th - Final opportunity for all contestants to post their challenge ideas for the competition
Friday April 15th - I'll compile the list of challenges, and we can all vote in the discussion thread (more details on that later)
Saturday April 16th - The Sorting Hat Ceremony at 8:00 PM EST
Saturday April 16th - After the Ceremony, your House Common Room PMs will be sent out so you can talk and get to know your housemates
Sunday April 17th - Voting for Challenges will end and the challenges will be placed into the Gringotts Vault

then...

Sunday or Monday - whenever everyone is settled and ready to go - the first challenge will be posted, and the quest for the House Cup will begin!:happy:

Thank you everyone! Let's rock this competition together:cool:

The90skid

Swish and flick...

With just a bit of magic (and the forum editing tools:p) we've arrived at the competition thread!:happy:

@Brer Panther, @ToInfinityAndBeyond, @deere839, @IAmNotAHufflepuff, @mickeyfan5534, @The90skid, @KingOfEpicocity, @DSquared, @spacemt354, @Mattyice16, @Tony the Tigger, @Flippin'Flounder, @DlpPhantom, @RMichael21, @tcool123, @David2319, @Sam4D23, @Basketbuddy101, @Matt7187, @ctxak98, @JokersWild, @Fox&Hound, @michmousefan , @MCParradox, @GMR710, @BNImagineer, @IDInstitute, and @disneydf

And our current judges and guest judges @MonorailRed @Voxel @MANEATINGWREATH @Tip Top Club

This thread will be the main competition thread where you and your House will post your projects. It's also where all of the major announcements will be made about the competition. Such as, the upcoming schedule!

Tuesday April 12th (Today) till Thursday April 14th - Final opportunity for all contestants to post their challenge ideas for the competition
Friday April 15th - I'll compile the list of challenges, and we can all vote in the discussion thread (more details on that later)
Saturday April 16th - After the Ceremony, your House Common Room PMs will be sent out so you can talk and get to know your housemates
Sunday April 17th - Voting for Challenges will end and the challenges will be placed into the Gringotts Vault

then...

Sunday or Monday - whenever everyone is settled and ready to go - the first challenge will be posted, and the quest for the House Cup will begin!:happy:

I hope I get placed on a team with a Harry Potter expert! I feel like I will be missing out on all of the good inside jokes :p

disneydf

Swish and flick...

then...

This is gonna be great! Harry Potter inside jokes for the win haha:D

Tony the Tigger

OK just to set realistic expectations and so no one thinks I'm flaky right off the bat...Saturday, April 16 is national Record Store Day. I own a record store. I'll be selling that (<---) Mickey Mouse turntable as well as a limited edition Star Wars picture disc with the Millennium Falcon on it, The Silly Symphony collection 10" vinyl "Skeleton Dance/Three Little Pigs," plus the Disney Favorite Songs LP, and about 350 other non-Disney titles that are all limited edition and only available at your local Mom & Pop record store (not Walmart, etc.) (And I can't sell any of them here, so I can talk about it without being an trying to sell you something LOL!!)

It is bigger than Christmas for us. Last year we had over 110 people lined up outside the door by the time we opened at 8AM. The first two people came at 10PM the night before, and camped out with chairs and beverages and what not. (It's all limited edition stuff!)

I will be a raving lunatic trying to finish getting ready from at least Thursday night through Saturday night. (We have been literally redesigning the entire store so maybe that's good experience for the challenge!) We'll be open until probably somewhere between 8PM and 9PM, so I may very likely miss the sorting ceremony (please not Slytherin...please not Slytherin...Gryffindor!!!) (just sayin')

Sunday will be a lot of recovery, clean-up, taking inventory, and trying to sell the leftovers online as fast as possible so we can pay back the distributors on time. But popping in here is a great way to "take a break" so I will make every effort to do that.

Unless, of course, I can find Hermione's time-turner, and then I can be in both places. (Where'd you come from? I've been here the whole time, silly!)

JokersWild

OK just to set realistic expectations and so no one thinks I'm flaky right off the bat...Saturday, April 16 is national Record Store Day. I own a record store. I'll be selling that (<---) Mickey Mouse turntable as well as a limited edition Star Wars picture disc with the Millennium Falcon on it, The Silly Symphony collection 10" vinyl "Skeleton Dance/Three Little Pigs," plus the Disney Favorite Songs LP, and about 350 other non-Disney titles that are all limited edition and only available at your local Mom & Pop record store (not Walmart, etc.) (And I can't sell any of them here, so I can talk about it without being an *** trying to sell you something LOL!!)

It is bigger than Christmas for us. Last year we had over 110 people lined up outside the door by the time we opened at 8AM. The first two people came at 10PM the night before, and camped out with chairs and beverages and what not. (It's all limited edition stuff!)

I will be a raving lunatic trying to finish getting ready from at least Thursday night through Saturday night. (We have been literally redesigning the entire store so maybe that's good experience for the challenge!) We'll be open until probably somewhere between 8PM and 9PM, so I may very likely miss the sorting ceremony (please not Slytherin...please not Slytherin...Gryffindor!!!) (just sayin')

Sunday will be a lot of recovery, clean-up, taking inventory, and trying to sell the leftovers online as fast as possible so we can pay back the distributors on time. But popping in here is a great way to "take a break" so I will make every effort to do that.

Unless, of course, I can find Hermione's time-turner, and then I can be in both places. (Where'd you come from? I've been here the whole time, silly!)
As a record collector I salute you.

Voxel

President of Progress City
OK just to set realistic expectations and so no one thinks I'm flaky right off the bat...Saturday, April 16 is national Record Store Day. I own a record store. I'll be selling that (<---) Mickey Mouse turntable as well as a limited edition Star Wars picture disc with the Millennium Falcon on it, The Silly Symphony collection 10" vinyl "Skeleton Dance/Three Little Pigs," plus the Disney Favorite Songs LP, and about 350 other non-Disney titles that are all limited edition and only available at your local Mom & Pop record store (not Walmart, etc.) (And I can't sell any of them here, so I can talk about it without being an *** trying to sell you something LOL!!)

If I wasn't going to a wedding this Saturday I would be hunting down a recorder store.. I'm a big fan of Vinyl, I just got a new needle for my player.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Hello again everyone!

Pleased to announce we have our first alternate for The House Cup @captainmoch ! Welcome to the games and thank you for your interest! :)

Cap will be ready to join a team if ever anyone needs a break or gets too busy, and in the meantime, since this is his first imagineering competition, will be allowed to play in the mini-challenges we will have throughout the season to get his feet wet so to speak with competition!

Glad to see you here!:happy:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Challenge Voting Polls and *Tentative* Competition Schedule

Just wanted to say that the polls for Challenge selection are up! And with it, the approx competition schedule so you know what's coming.

The Challenge selection is divided into two polls:

The Main (Team) Challenge Poll
- These challenges are the ones that will last the duration of each Year at Hogwarts listed in the schedule below. From your challenges in the discussion thread, these are the ones that are more broad and large scale, therefore are given the most amount of time.

- Just an fyi for both the team and the mini-challenges below, I went through the ideas you all had for the most part and just copy/pasted the main points.
- For some ideas, I had to re-word them from a question to a statement so it made sense.
- There also some that overlapped (a new DHS land was a popular one) so I just included one of those unless there were specific differences.
- Also some seasoned members might notice some prior challenges. After thinking about it, I think it's alright. You all decide anyway what you want, but one that stuck out to me was to redo the Ticket and Transportation Center...I know that was the Elite Eight Challenge 1 from 2014, but in this current cast, only 4 people out of 28 participated in that...so it's not like everyone has done it before. And besides, the votes decide what gets in.

- Please vote for your 7 favorite challenges, so you may pick 7 options. The top 7 challenges at the end of the poll will be placed into Gringotts Vault for the competition.

Main Challenge Poll Link

Mini-Challenge Poll
- These challenges are the Bertie Bott Every Flavor Challenge (for more info see the first post in this thread) They are shorter (in length and time given), and also optional. Usually revolving around a small aspect of a theme park, and/or just a brief description.

- Please vote for your 14 favorite mini-challenges, so you may pick 14 options. The top 14 mini-challenges at the end of the poll will be placed into the Gringotts Vault for the competition.

Mini Challenge Poll Link

These votes are due by Sunday April 17th at 8:30 PM. After the polls are tallied, the first challenge will begin from random draw out of the Vault.

Tentative Competition Schedule

Year One: Sunday April 17th - Friday April 29th
Year Two: Saturday April 30th - Thursday May 12th
Year Three: Friday May 13th - Saturday May 21st
Year Four: Sunday May 22nd - Friday June 3rd
Year Five: Saturday June 4th - Saturday June 11th
Year Six: Sunday June 12th - Sunday June 19th
Year Seven: Monday June 20th - Thursday June 30th

Winner Announced July 1st

I'm giving this out now just so that people are aware. We tried to give enough time per challenge. Some years go longer than others to account for potential Final Exams and Holidays. If any team needs a day or two extension for a challenge, I think the Sorting Hat and Scarfy and any guest judges can make arrangements. It's supposed to be flexible with you all:)

Anyway that's about it! Any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks again!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom