Trip Report The Holiday Humdinger *COMPLETED*

I can't believe the Summer of @Tuvalu is over! Is there going to be a holiday humdinger trip report?!!

I couldn’t disappoint a very expectant mama-to-be, now could I? Especially one who was kind enough to provide the title for this trip report!

So here you go, @krisri18......and anyone else who’d like to follow along on yet another Tuvalu WDW adventure, HOLIDAY STYLE.

I plan on posting live updates and will write an expanded report (“Part Tu” @Tony the Tigger 😊) once I return home. After all, what else will I have to do in December? 😉😂

Who: Tuvalu and Woody

56D313FD-2A11-4060-AB49-F55EC4FE0F82.jpeg

When: November 27 - December 3, 2018
Where: I shouldn’t even have to tell you. My 🎄go-to.

So be on the lookout for us, @DisneyShe, @slipperalwaysfits @mcstensrud. We’ve packed our sweaters and jeans for the chilly weekdays (highs only near 60, lows in the 40s ~ WTH??) and our shorts and tees for the unseasonably warm weekend (highs in the 80s). Yeah, that 30 degree temperature swing isn’t going to help the colds Woody and I are starting with.....

But we’re going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I do love a good humdinger.

Heck, I’ll fly up and chauffeur you down. Give me an excuse!

Well...

Maybe if I need the sink fixed.

I told you, you cannot register your magic band under “Shirley.”

It’s chilly this morning in Fort Lauderdale! I’m guessing you guys will warm up as the sun does his thing. Should be a comfortable touring day!

This was a near miss - the 3rd is B’s bday. We were almost definitely going up, but decided to be boring, er, fiscally responsible, have a nice dinner here with his Dad, and go back to our old January schedule. (Although I’m not ruling out a day trip Christmas visit if record sales are good!)

Have a super magical time! (Hugs)
You crack me up! (Love the sink comment.) Wish you guys were coming up for B’s bday but if you wait until the end of January you may have a Shirley sighting.

It was 🥶 here today!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Will start my TR soon just to get me over my current Disney blues.
Can’t wait to read all about it!!

Have they ever even attempted to give you a logical explanation for that hot mess??
“You have too many deactivated bands.” 🤔

Woohoo!!!! Is that the one you had problems with last time?
It is. But neither band still can’t unlock our room door. :banghead:

That’s what I thought, thanks!
Always happy to help.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Great report so far and I love the title! The holiday refillable mug is cute, I got that design at Disneyland last week. I'm glad your band works too!:)
Can’t take credit for the title (that’s @krisri18) but thanks for your kind words. Love my WDWMagic friends!

Okaaayyyy . . .

And this is the REASON?? So they punish frequent visitors who buy too many magic bands?!! What the __?!! :jawdrop:
Only a couple of my bands were purchased ~ the rest were the complimentary ones sent with resort stays. But it still doesn’t explain things! 🧐

Love seeing you guys in jackets. Must be wonderful to go to WDW when it's not blazing hot and HUMID. Jealous!! Enjoy!!! :)
As chilly as it was yesterday, we actually enjoyed touring the parks bundled up. When Woody and I made the LONG walk from/to the DHS bus stop area in August, the heat was brutal and the walk tortuous. Last night (even with wind gusts) we did not mind the trek at all.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday, November 29
I had a better night’s sleep despite my cold and the first truck beeping wasn’t until 5:15 am. I asked two different CMs yesterday if the promised Lodge-side room refurb has started (it hasn’t....”sometime next year”) or if demo/construction trucks were for the Artist Point refurb (“don’t know”). But someone was using a concrete hammer yesterday (very loud) and the Lodge lost power for a bit. It’s a mystery.

After a morning and an evening stop at the front desk, my bands finally work to unlock the room door! There is much more to share in the continuing saga of Tuvalu Breaks My Disney Experience (you knew there would be!) but I am saving it for the full TR.

Meanwhile.....
90821440-EA5E-4925-8D1D-2BAF84898FE5.png

Gotta get ready to start another Disney day. 😊

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

So is there an option to delete excess magic bands from your profile, rather than just deactivate them?

All of this could be a very good reason to decline “extra” bands when we all go multiple times in a year.

Hope you are feeling better - today will be warmer, but last night got cold again. I just had my Disney Twinings tea to warm up (yes, I take a few teabags home - same effect as taking soap home, etc.) I suggest you do the same with some lemon & honey, honey! And find some vitamin C. 😊

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So is there an option to delete excess magic bands from your profile, rather than just deactivate them?

All of this could be a very good reason to decline “extra” bands when we all go multiple times in a year.

Hope you are feeling better - today will be warmer, but last night got cold again. I just had my Disney Twinings tea to warm up (yes, I take a few teabags home - same effect as taking soap home, etc.) I suggest you do the same with some lemon & honey, honey! And find some vitamin C. 😊
A guest cannot delete excess bands. IT must handle it. The recommendation I received was to decline new bands as often as possible (which I usually do...the issue stemmed from all the bands I had prior to the “decline new band” option in MDE.)

Do not worry....I have plenty of vitamin C with me. And throat lozenges. While I’ve had a little improvement, I’m happy it hasn’t any wotten worse.

Debating whether to take my jacket along today. No sun here yet which is keeping the temp down.

riverside

Premium Member
A guest cannot delete excess bands. IT must handle it. The recommendation I received was to decline new bands as often as possible (which I usually do...the issue stemmed from all the bands I had prior to the “decline new band” option in MDE.)
I have often thought about declining them but have been afraid to. My fear is always that the battery is going to go on me. Do you know how long they say that they're good for?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom