The Hidden Horror of the Haunted Mansion Queue

askmike1

Hmm. I understand how they are supposed to work, and I see now how it might increase waits... I would like to talk about it, but I've seen threads go haywire with FP breakdown. So, thanks for what you gave me, at least.

If I can offer a suggestion... open a thread to talk about that. Then who knows... maybe that thread will get off-topic and we'll actually talk about news and rumors at the parks. :)

inluvwithbeast

If I can offer a suggestion... open a thread to talk about that. Then who knows... maybe that thread will get off-topic and we'll actually talk about news and rumors at the parks. :)

Done. Hopefully it doesn't sound too garbled. I'm on my phone and my writing isn't always clear and concise when I'm typing with a touchpad.

It's in General Discussion, btw. :wave:

flavious27

A lot of this thread is unbearable to read. For God sakes people, Small World has a 40 minute wait a handful of days out of the year. By some of your logic, every attraction at WDW should have Fast Pass.

:brick:

Fast Pass needs to be eliminated completely.

Why? The point of FP is to increase the amount of rides you will be on in a single day and it works to spread the rider load out over the course of the whole day.

flavious27

Its a fact. Yeah, Peter Pan has always had a long wait to not having the best of capacity systems, but the waits become worse and rides become less efficient with an abundance of fastpass.

If three families/parties show up with similar fastpass windows all at once...they are gonna hold back the standby line for that much longer.

If they weren't in the FP line, they would be in front of you anyway.

TRONorail10

Haunted Mansion can definitely function as a "seasonal" fastpass attraction, but it's probably not necessary.

As several have mentioned previously, normally the wait is 20 minutes or less, but if the wait is 30 minutes or more, I could see them turning on Fastpass.

With that said, I haven't heard anything about Fastpass returning to the Haunted Mansion - it seems like the queue changes are for ADA compliance as well as a few other enhancements.

I have never heard anything about a FastPass returning to the Haunted Mansion. All of the changes to the queue line are to allow wheelchairs access through the front and to create an interactive element where the graveyard is (was). The graveyard construction is being done first, and the other enhancements will follow once the primary construction is done. Someone else posted pics on another thread showing the construction work that were taken while riding the Liberty Belle Riverboat.

JWG

In 2009, we were in the stand-by line and got stopped at the rope before the library. While standing there we were staring at the podium. The ratio's for fastpass to stand-by were there contingent upon how many elevator's were running. It was ugly. Not only is that ling controlled as far as numbers that can hit it, the rations are way skewed. It was at least 4-1. They were letting about 12 FP people through for every 2-3 stand-by at the time.

imagineer boy

Without fastpass, I'd NEVER be able to ride Soarin, Test Track, BTMRR, etc with their enormous lines. Even without FP their lines would still be enormous.

FP is a good concept that just needs to be tweaked. And Soarin flat out needs more theaters to increase capacity.

disneyeater

Fast pass is great for rides that would have large lines either way. I love to ride Splash Mountain late in the afternoon, and with fastpass I can do that without waiting in the huge line that forms at that time of the day.

T-1MILLION

If they weren't in the FP line, they would be in front of you anyway.

No, that is not the case. They are in Fastpass in front of someone and stopping the regular line, as well as everyone else in that time window who showed up at that exact moment.

Think of it this way. Someone gets a fastpass for pan. Instead of queing up they get the virtual spot. Not only do they get that virtual spot but now they go in white for Winnie the Pooh. So essentially they are waiting in two lines at once and making two lines that much longer than just one.

Now times that by everyone who uses fastpass.

inluvwithbeat, sorry you had a short unhelpful answer from someone, but stated above are the true downsides of Fastpass.

RSoxNo1

Without fastpass, I'd NEVER be able to ride Soarin, Test Track, BTMRR, etc with their enormous lines. Even without FP their lines would still be enormous.

FP is a good concept that just needs to be tweaked. And Soarin flat out needs more theaters to increase capacity.

While I would love to see capacity added to Soarin', I don't see it happening. My preference would actually be to add another attraction with a similar demand. That would spread out the crowds and generate an attendance boost as well.

No, that is not the case. They are in Fastpass in front of someone and stopping the regular line, as well as everyone else in that time window who showed up at that exact moment.

Think of it this way. Someone gets a fastpass for pan. Instead of queing up they get the virtual spot. Not only do they get that virtual spot but now they go in white for Winnie the Pooh. So essentially they are waiting in two lines at once and making two lines that much longer than just one.

Now times that by everyone who uses fastpass.

inluvwithbeat, sorry you had a short unhelpful answer from someone, but stated above are the true downsides of Fastpass.

If Fastpass is used to 100% effeciency then you can wait in two lines at once, but not everyone grabs a fastpass and then rides another ride. Consider the amount of attractions that require Fastpass and the numbers don't add up.

What Fastpass does do, is allows those people that are more familiar with the parks to maximixe their day. However, prior to Fastpass these people had a similar advantage, just by having a good touring plan.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
No you were not wrong. There are a few very vocal people on this site that will swear up and down that fast passes are a bad thing. The sad part of that is being very vocal does not make one correct.
Some people just refuse to look at the big picture. Just because it allows YOU to see a couple of attractions quicker does not make it a better system.

If you would listen to what people are saying then you might actually comprehend a few things, like inluvwithbeast has already done.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
While I would love to see capacity added to Soarin', I don't see it happening. My preference would actually be to add another attraction with a similar demand. That would spread out the crowds and generate an attendance boost as well.

If only they had a building on the other side of Future World where they could put an attraction that currently isn't being used for anything important.

googilycub

Some people just refuse to look at the big picture. Just because it allows YOU to see a couple of attractions quicker does not make it a better system.

If you would listen to what people are saying then you might actually comprehend a few things, like inluvwithbeast has already done.
I would rather go with my knowledge in traffic management, which I use everyday at work, at what I have seen firsthand at the parks over many trips, than some random message board postings. Thanks anyway

thelookingglass

No. Really. It is a very flawed system, and among the multiple threads about Fastpass, posters have given plenty of reasons as to why.

Just because YOU are able to benefit from it does NOT make it a great system. And no offense, but what does traffic management have to do with anything? Is there a highway somewhere in which vehicles who made a "reservation" 2 hours prior are now allowed to return and speed through, while those who just show up are forced into a bumper-to-bumper traffic jam?

jakeman

Just because YOU are able to benefit from it does NOT make it a great system.
In my book it does.

Look, I'm sorry that people think I'm trodding on other people's vacation because of a tin foil hat theory that Fastpass eats babies, but FP allows me to maximize my time in the park.

I'm not really looking to be altruistic with my time on vacation, and spread my waits around evenly so Suzy Q Cheerleader can get on Buzz Lightyear 15 minutes faster.

So really, all of this "Fastpass is the worst thing in the world!" is for naught, because I'm willing to bet that everyone of you that supposedly hates this system uses it to your advantage when the time comes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom