The Hidden Horror of the Haunted Mansion Queue

thelookingglass

Yes I have read many of the fastpass threads. Most of the anti fastpass people have no clue what they are talking about.
Really? and who are you? Are you Stan's dad Randy on South Park? Who "knows everything" because he "is a geologist." ??

Imagine a popular restaurant that a lot of people make reservations for. Now lets say its 6 pm, and everyone who did not show up for their reservations throughout the day all decide to come at the same time. Had they not shown up, you would have gotten a table. But they did, and for some reason, this particular restaurant honors reservations from any time in the day. Now you have to wait an hour to be seated.

How is this fair? How can you NOT see the flaw in this design? Maybe you'll change your opinion about it the next time you're in a standby line that was posted at 20 minutes, only to wait an hour as you watch hundreds and hundreds of Fastpass holders from earlier in the day pass you by. (I mean, no, this hasn't happened to me because if the line is that long, and I don't have a FP, I just leave, but I know it happens, and quite frequently.)

flavious27

Really? and who are you? Are you Stan's dad Randy on South Park? Who "knows everything" because he "is a geologist." ??

Imagine a popular restaurant that a lot of people make reservations for. Now lets say its 6 pm, and everyone who did not show up for their reservations throughout the day all decide to come at the same time. Had they not shown up, you would have gotten a table. But they did, and for some reason, this particular restaurant honors reservations from any time in the day. Now you have to wait an hour to be seated.

How is this fair? How can you NOT see the flaw in this design? Maybe you'll change your opinion about it the next time you're in a standby line that was posted at 20 minutes, only to wait an hour as you watch hundreds and hundreds of Fastpass holders from earlier in the day pass you by. (I mean, no, this hasn't happened to me because if the line is that long, and I don't have a FP, I just leave, but I know it happens, and quite frequently.)

coul_redb_inte_2008_2_470313.jpg

JWG

Back to the OP. I`m assured there will no FP at Mansion. Other things, yes, but no Fast Pass.

So, could still be FastPass, but maybe they'll appropriately call it "SlowPass" on this attraction? Seriously though, no omnimover ride should have FastPass because constantly moving lines don't feel like a line.

Again, things I don't care about on vacation:

Line fairness.

So, I'll start with saying I agree with you. Especially on FastPass.
That being said, we'll make sure that the Brazillian tour groups are allowed to cut in front of you from now on :D

ToTBellHop

Maybe it's just me, but I think you are being a little melodramatic. I have NEVER seen a ride wait time triple due to guests returning with expired FPs. Most people don't even know you can return with expired FPs, so I think only a SMALL proportion of guests do that. The only time I have ever seen a wait time increase by more than 5 minutes or so (excepting Toy Story Mania or Soarin' in the morning, which both have rapidly increasing wait times due to popularity and capacity) is when there are mechanical issues.

jakeman

So, I'll start with saying I agree with you. Especially on FastPass.That being said, we'll make sure that the Brazillian tour groups are allowed to cut in front of you from now on :D
Oh hair, you hath been split... :lol:

I don't care about the line fairness of other guest I should say. :D

MotherOfBirds

I was haunting the Doombuggies forums and one poster said something about a facade change as well, very minor. I was told that the two upper windows were open when he was last there and there were black curtains blowing out, basically the upper facade windows in TDL's HM. Anyone been in the last week or two that can confirm this for me?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom