The Hidden Horror of the Haunted Mansion Queue

JeffH

Just could be enabling it for FP as a policy

Just because they may be enabling the Haunted Mansion for Fastpass doesn't necessarily mean they plan on installing Fastpass (in the long term). In this age of Fastpass, they need to be sure ALL lines can accommodate Fastpass, so that they don't have to rig one after the fact if they (for some reason) need to implement one. You never know when a refurb or a new Haunted Mansion movie (or a holiday) might boost an attraction attendance. Maybe the next phase of fastpass includes quickly mobile fastpass machines so that they COULD set them up quickly during peak times...
...because a body in line doesn't spend money and isn't as happy as a body wondering the park.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Just because they may be enabling the Haunted Mansion for Fastpass doesn't necessarily mean they plan on installing Fastpass (in the long term). In this age of Fastpass, they need to be sure ALL lines can accommodate Fastpass, so that they don't have to rig one after the fact if they (for some reason) need to implement one. You never know when a refurb or a new Haunted Mansion movie (or a holiday) might boost an attraction attendance. Maybe the next phase of fastpass includes quickly mobile fastpass machines so that they COULD set them up quickly during peak times...
...because a body in line doesn't spend money and isn't as happy as a body wondering the park.

But those same people that aren't in line at HM because of FP are now in line at a different attraction and keeping those that ARE in line at HM in line for even LONGER.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I'm not really a fan of either bride. The old one was simple and just a prop, the new one took over the entire attic and looks like a projector screen wearing a dress.

Does anyone else think that the new bride looks like a dude in drag?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Does anyone else think that the new bride looks like a dude in drag?

HereComestheWDWBride-2.jpg

il_fullxfull.111399163.jpg

Nope...don't see it.

PirateFrank

Yes it is, and there is nothing inherently wrong with a rumor. What makes it take a turn for the worse is when people don't make the distinguishment between rumor and news. Somebody posts a rumor (usually one they've heard from some CM or a friend of a friend) and suddenly everyone acts as if its already happened.

The OP clearly stated that it was a rumor. You can't hold the OP responsible if people refuse to read or worse, read without comprehension.

askmike1

The OP clearly stated that it was a rumor. You can't hold the OP responsible if people refuse to read or worse, read without comprehension.
I'm not holding the OP responsible for others misinterpretation of the rumor. However, when you title a thread "The Hidden Horror of the Haunted Mansion Queue"... it ain't helping.

Magenta Panther

I think the new bride is a VAST improvement over the old silent bride.

I'm torn about which Bride I prefer. The silent, beating-heart Bride gave me nightmares as a kid. So she did her job, I guess. :p. As for the new Bride...hmm...I do like her, but it's mostly because of the missing-head portraits that accompany her; together, they tell the story of the Mansion's murderous bride a little better than did the silent one. Although I do think the new Bride could look a little more...ghostly. I mean, she looks too healthy or something. Technically, she's a superior effect, but she isn't, in herself, all that scary. Not like the Hatbox Ghost is scary. Or like Tim Burton's Corpse Bride was scary. I hope I'm explaining myself here. Basically, I love the upgrades to the Mansion, but the Bride...I don't know. Maybe if the basic AA were a skeleton, and if the projection of the Bride could sort of fade in and out over it, I think that'd be more creepy. JMO.

As for this new rumor, I hope it's just that - a rumor.

thelookingglass

You must have missed the busy season, we waited 40 minutes in the outdoor portion of the queue alone.
No matter what the crowd levels are, it is almost always a walk-on in the evening. So the ride gets up to 40-60 minutes on the busiest days of the year. Well, considering Space Mountain gets up to like 180 minutes, thats really not so bad, is it?

The ONLY benefit of adding FP to HM would be relieving some of the demand for FP at MK's other attractions.

Pseybert

A lot of this thread is unbearable to read. For God sakes people, Small World has a 40 minute wait a handful of days out of the year. By some of your logic, every attraction at WDW should have Fast Pass.

:brick:

Fast Pass needs to be eliminated completely.

wolf359

I'm torn about which Bride I prefer.

Me too. I like the new effects in the attic, but they seem a little too technical and clever for the Mansion. It's also an odd juxtaposition with the fairly realistic-looking people in the attic against the distorted and cartoony ghosts elsewhere in the graveyard. Much the same as seeing a photoreal Johnny Depp Audio Animatronic mixed in with the original pirates that are much more of a caricature.

T-1MILLION

A lot of this thread is unbearable to read. For God sakes people, Small World has a 40 minute wait a handful of days out of the year. By some of your logic, every attraction at WDW should have Fast Pass.

:brick:

Fast Pass needs to be eliminated completely.

Agreed. A lot of the chaos would go away without it.

jakeman

It will be interesting to watch which direction this thread takes:

Option A:

ZOMG! Fastpass increases wait times!

Option B:

ZOMG! HM will be ruined!

Either way, it's going to be a train wreck of pre-formed opinions and bad math.
It seems we have chosen option A.

bearboysnc

The plan with Fastpass, since the day it was invented was to add this as a perk or an "upcharge" to your park visit. Disney is watching the other top theme parks (Universal, Busch) adding a front of the line pass option to line their pockets with great success. Universal was adding it for free with your "on property hotel room" and doubled the occupancy rates of their 3 hotels.

You can argue that the Mansion doesn't need it. But in order for such a pass to be marketable, every popular ride will need to have it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom