The Hidden Horror of the Haunted Mansion Queue

waltsfavrob

I dont get it. fast pass isnt needed at the haunted mansion. I've never seen more than a 10-20 minute wait there....why would TDO attempt to ruin the queue with FP?

Im not sure I buy the idea that they're trying to install FP at the HM...
Boy you haven't been around CHRISTmas then.There were 90 min.waits for it.I know,I was in line.:lookaroun

blm07

If they bring back Fastpass, they should only use it for super crowded days. That way, I won't be there when they are actually being used. Of course, that won't stop people from complaining that they didn't get a Fastpass after like 2 PM.

It sounds like a good idea to walk through the graveyard before going inside, but make it lavish and open.

I'm not really a fan of either bride. The old one was simple and just a prop, the new one took over the entire attic and looks like a projector screen wearing a dress.

mickey2008.1

We have never encountered problems with the lines outside, but once past the stretching room, its a mosh pit. Its so dark and people just pushing like crazy. This is the part i think that needs fixed.:shrug:

Scar Junior

I worked at It's Tough To Be a Bug on my college program. I very much enjoyed working the FP stations, but the inefficiencies were a result of various issues:

1. On any given day the management and CMs didn't know if we'd be using FP.
2. With very high turnover, CMs often didn't know how FP worked and were poorly trained.
3. Guests didn't know how FP worked and would complain that they were rejected minutes after getting a FP for another attraction. They also would show a park ticket and expect to cut the line. This was most common amongst those from Asia and Spanish speaking countries.
4. CMs didn't know how to filter the FP guests. They had a separate entrance and would have to eyeball when to cut off the flow.

I do like FP, with the exception of a few attractions... But I think a lot of the problems may stem from miscommunication amongst Disney marketing and the guests as well as miscommunication amongst the park executives and the management and staff.

toolsnspools

From the last time I waited in line for HM, and had sore elbows after blocking all the line cutters, all I can say is that the queue needs major work, and they are apparently doing that. If they add FP, it will be once the queue works is complete, and we don't know what the finished product is going to be yet. Given the recent queue work that has been done, and the fact the Disney is really making an effort to improve queue lines, I have confidence that the finished product will be an improvement on what is there today. FP or not.

geubux

Guess you've proved that anybody with an opinion, a rumor and some nice pictures can post a topic.

BTW, many of WDW attractions have changed.....if they were so great before, there would have been more riders/patrons (ie Horizons).

Nobody likes change but winners embrace it.
:sohappy:

MotherOfBirds

Guess you've proved that anybody with an opinion, a rumor and some nice pictures can post a topic.

BTW, many of WDW attractions have changed.....if they were so great before, there would have been more riders/patrons (ie Horizons).

I'll embrace the change if it warrants it. If they're "fixing" something that isn't broken and making my experience and that of other guests more miserable at WDW, then I reserve the right to complain.

PirateFrank

Im going to say this for the second time in this thread, it *IS* a rumor board. The OP is entitled to post a rumor....regardless, it has spurred on some interesting discussions regarding the HM queue, so even if the OP had no intention of wanting the thread to go in that direction, it's worthwhile, none-the-less.

ShadyLady

From the last time I waited in line for HM, and had sore elbows after blocking all the line cutters, all I can say is that the queue needs major work, and they are apparently doing that. If they add FP, it will be once the queue works is complete, and we don't know what the finished product is going to be yet. Given the recent queue work that has been done, and the fact the Disney is really making an effort to improve queue lines, I have confidence that the finished product will be an improvement on what is there today. FP or not.

Amen!

MotherOfBirds

It's like a mosh pit gone horribly wrong, except this time there isn't a big guy named Moose to haul people's rude butts outta there when they knock me over.

askmike1

Im going to say this for the second time in this thread, it *IS* a rumor board.
Yes it is, and there is nothing inherently wrong with a rumor. What makes it take a turn for the worse is when people don't make the distinguishment between rumor and news. Somebody posts a rumor (usually one they've heard from some CM or a friend of a friend) and suddenly everyone acts as if its already happened.

Well said. “An open mind leaves a chance for someone to drop a worthwhile thought in it.” You can have (and express) negative opinions towards a rumor... but again the destinguishment has to be made between something that might happen, something that will happen and something that has happened.... and ones final opinion should not be formed until that last step.

raven

I'll embrace the change if it warrants it. If they're "fixing" something that isn't broken and making my experience and that of other guests more miserable at WDW, then I reserve the right to complain.

Save your complaining until everything for the NextGen project has been installed. The HM queue is one of the smallest of those enhancements.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Fastpass returning to HM is more than a rumor - it is being seriously looked at for a return. I understand it's unlikely return with this current work, but may well be back as a next-gen Fastpass system later down the line.

draybook

It's proven, not proved.

And anyone that can click on New Thread and type a few words can make a thread. So what? If some people don't like what he/she posted, feel free not to come to the thread.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
the General Manager of the Magic Kingdom was attempting to help controll the Fast Pass line, but the guests refused to listen. Only after the General Manager annonced that they would close the Mansion for the rest of the day if the crowd didn't behave

There is NO chance this happened. I don't care if Superman said he was there and heard it. And we all know in Superman 1 when Lois Lane interviews him he said he never lies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom