The Hat will not be going away any time soon!!!

wdwowner

Original Poster
For those of you who do not like the Hat at the Studios and want it removed, it is not going anywhere.

Take a listen to this weeks WDW Radio Show podcast.

http://www.wdwradio.com/

I know you are bummed about this, but many others are very happy!:wave:

WDWEric

I dont think that there are too many people on here that thought the hat was going, their is no reason for it to go.

jt04

For those of you who do not like the Hat at the Studios and want it removed, it is not going anywhere.

Take a listen to this weeks WDW Radio Show podcast.

http://www.wdwradio.com/

I know you are bummed about this, but many others are very happy!:wave:

Depends how you define the word "soon". If you mean the upcoming fiscal year, you are right. After that, it is anyone's guess. Trust me, they will remove/relocate the hat eventually. And I believe it will be "sooner" rather than "later". Sorry if that bums you out but many others are very happy it will be removed/relocated.:wave:

There is one way it stays I think. IF it becomes the new entrance to a completely refurbed GMR. Then it will stay forever. That would be cool but not likely.

CubsRock

I am happy to know this, even though i thought the earful tower (the water tower on the backlot tour for those of you who don't know) made a good park icon, but it was only visible if you rode the tour. the hat makes a better icon because its visible when you walk in and it is more recognizable than the tower. However it also ruined my favorite hidden mickey, but i can live with that.

JonnyK

Personally I like the hat at the studios, but i dont see it going anywhere, it probably will become a legendary icon later on, or maybe it is now.

However, im glad the wand is gone though, it looked goofy next to SSE

PhilharMagician

The hat is fine as long as it is moved. How about putting it outside the park just in front of the entrance where they put the Christmas Tree. The view of the Chinese Theater is very much missed and is much more Hollywood than the hat.

CThaddeus

I don't know about it not going anywhere. You'd be surprised what a couple dozen sticks of dynamite can do...no cranes necessary and it would be over in moments.

Spyne

I listened to the WDW Radio Show too this week (I do every week. :)) and I too think the hat is not going anywhere. I personally think it's a good icon for the Studios.

goofyfan13

Depends how you define the word "soon". If you mean the upcoming fiscal year, you are right. After that, it is anyone's guess. Trust me, they will remove/relocate the hat eventually. And I believe it will be "sooner" rather than "later". Sorry if that bums you out but many others are very happy it will be removed/relocated.:wave:

There is one way it stays I think. IF it becomes the new entrance to a completely refurbed GMR. Then it will stay forever. That would be cool but not likely.

From who exactly have you heard that they will remove/relocate the hat? Cause I've heard from trustworthy people that the hat will be staying for copyright reasons surrounding the Chinese Theatre. I highly doubt the hat is going anywhere within the next decade, especially since they are looking to spruce it up with some new LED's.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I also enjoy the hat, and hope it stays. It makes a nice icon, as someone else said. I wouldn't if they relocated it during the transition to Hollywood Studios, however.

JWG

I'm fine with the hat as well. I just think its unfortunately placed to hide what was a great centerpiece of MGM in the GMR.

I think if the theater had better sight lines and was still visible, it'd be great.
Its a nice building with great architecture to view. You just can't see it anymore.

We'll see what happens with the name change. If the MGM deal is done, that ride has to change significantly or go away.

lilclerk

The only thing I don't like about the hat is that it's a pin shop. :rolleyes: It does block the view of the theatre, but as has been discussed here many times, they had a good reason to put it there. I doubt it'll move unless they re-design the theatre.

DisneyGigi

I like the hat too, I always thought of the tower as the icon but like the previous poster stated you could only see it from the Backlot tour while in the park and maybe ToT I was too scared to look though :lookaroun
I hope that it stays.

MickeyJman06

You act like they are de-mickeying WDW...they just removed the wand. Thats it. :rolleyes:
ok and i want to say why the hat is there, does anyone remember the old WDW commercials? they showed the chinse thetare alot and they later lost the rights so the built the hat to block promotinal photos, if they never did build the hat, there will be many lawsuits against WDW and the chinise thetare :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom