The Hall of Presidents to reopen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I still think they should eventually move the HoP to the Smithsonian in Washington DC. This would allow even more patrons to experience it. They should then replace the Liberty Square version with "Muppet Congress".
Senator Fozzi and Representative Piggy. I like it!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The most excitement regarding this attraction will come from Twitter.

One account in particular.

If Mr. Trump actually did a recording session for the attraction, I find it difficult to believe that the press, the leaky White House, or the one who seems do have a Twitter addiction and no filter wouldn't have spilled the beans, especially to brag about it.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
If Mr. Trump actually did a recording session for the attraction, I find it difficult to believe that the press, the leaky White House, or the one who seems do have a Twitter addiction and no filter wouldn't have spilled the beans, especially to brag about it.
Agreed. That's why I feel this is more of a capacity thing. They most likely realized that they won't have an update for Trump for a while and decided to open it as is. Makes sense to be able to suck up several hundred people an hour especially during the Holidays.

peter11435

Agreed. That's why I feel this is more of a capacity thing. They most likely realized that they won't have an update for Trump for a while and decided to open it as is. Makes sense to be able to suck up several hundred people an hour especially during the Holidays.
When the show reopens trump will be there.

brb1006

About three shows an hour (23mins a show) and it seats 700
Here's a great photo showing the amount of seats.
hall-of-presidents-gallery02.jpg

Howdy

Lurker extraordinaire
Premium Member
Disney should just have a sign and pre-show announcement stating that anyone heckling or vocally protesting the attraction will be removed from the park for the rest of the day. There are plenty of us who did not vote for Trump but still enjoy the show and would like me to do so in peace.

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

I feel sorry for anyone who would protest or speak out at the HOP. They must live a miserable life
I couldn't agree more. I only did it once and that was when Bush was president. I was blown away at both sides cheering and jeering. It seems petty and childish no matter whom the president is and whether or not you agree with him. If you want to protest or speak your mind, do so - but, what really is the point of doing it to an audio animatronic?? Jus' Sayin..

Frizzball

Surely people are not that mature or are you saying some just can't accept the choice of the American citizens. If they can't that is their issue in acting as responsible mature adults.
Somehow I doubt this issue is going to be limited to only one side of the debate. People who support him are just as likely to use the attraction as a vehicle for political debate as those who don't

TeriofTerror

It's definitely going to be interesting to see what happens. I think the vast majority of people who heavily disagree with Trump will just give the attraction a miss (myself included) but there will be conflict. Trump being the most contentious President in recent history, there will be people on both sides who can't resist getting loudly political. Trump is a man who engenders strong emotions in most of us, no matter what side of the debate you fall on and it is nuts to assume that those emotions aren't going to leak out.

I'd hope that most people would realise that Disney's hands are tied to including him and that there is no political statement to be made about that but I don't really have much hope that common sense will prevail.
I agree, but no one can untie Disney's hands except Disney.

discos

I feel like cast members will be advised what to do if things get out of hand, but I don't believe anything will be said prior to the show starting. Maybe if enough disturbances throughout the performance begin to occur then they might be inclined to have an opening spiel. Drawing less attention to people causing disturbances may be the best thing so the idea isn't planted in anyone's head.

Maerj

They should install water sprayers for guests who get a little out of line during this attraction. If a guest starts yelling, booing or making a scene, water is sprayed in their face and a sign light up on the back of the seat in front of them saying "Calm down, it's not really him it's just a robot in a theme park attraction."

AEfx

I think there will be more than just cast members at this attraction though. All plain clothes but definitely a presence of security.

100% agree.

If people don't think that there will be folks who will buy a ticket to the MK just to throw something, or even attempt to get on the stage and try to deface him, knowing full-well that they will be ejected and face trespassing or other charges, they haven't been paying attention. And some will laud them as folk heroes for "the cause".

I'm sure some will scoff at this notion, but I fully, entirely believe it based on what I have seen and experienced in the past year.

Pixieish

100% agree.

If people don't think that there will be folks who will buy a ticket to the MK just to throw something, or even attempt to get on the stage and try to deface him, knowing full-well that they will be ejected and face trespassing or other charges, they haven't been paying attention. And some will laud them as folk heroes for "the cause".

I'm sure some will scoff at this notion, but I fully, entirely believe it based on what I have seen and experienced in the past year.
Same. It's pretty awful the lack of self-control, intelligent debate, and respect in society today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom