The Hall of Presidents to reopen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalebS

Permanently ban anyone who causes an uproar from the parks, should take care of it for the most part

AEfx

Permanently ban anyone who causes an uproar from the parks, should take care of it

You are presuming that they will care. Or that that isn't their intention to begin with.

A lot of the people who will do this hate Disney in the first place, and will be PROUD that they got banned from WDW. It will be worn as a badge of honor. They will go in knowing that this will be the outcome. The videos will be shared far and wide and as I said, to some they will become folk heroes. Disney will become their public enemy #2.

I wasn't kidding above. The moment there is an official announcement, people are going to start making plans. They will coordinate. Enter the parks separately. Disrupt as many shows as they can. Disney better have backup suits and AA skins, or it won't be able to stay open long.

I wish that I was just talking crazy, but these people are serious. I have no doubt whatsoever that this is what is going to happen. Before it opens, we should start taking bets on how many days it lasts before they close it again.

CalebS

You are presuming that they will care. Or that that isn't their intention to begin with.

A lot of the people who will do this hate Disney to begin with and will be PROUD that they got banned from WDW. It will be worn as a badge of honor. They will go in knowing that this will be the outcome. The videos will be shared far and wide and as I said, to some they will become folk heroes. Disney will become their public enemy #2.

I wasn't kidding above. The moment there is an official announcement, people are going to start making plans. They will coordinate. Enter the parks separately. Disrupt as many shows as they can. Disney better have backup suits and AA skins, or it won't be able to stay open long.

I wish that I was just talking crazy, but these people are serious. I have no doubt whatsoever that this is what is going to happen. Before it opens, we should start taking bets on how many days it lasts before they close it again.
100% accurate. Only other thing would be to coordinate with the government and state of Florida to raise the penalty to mandatory jail time

Cake

I am so happy Disney is reopening Hall of Presidents and sticking to 1993 tradition of having the current President speak. Anything else would be disrespectful.

Agree! And this attraction has been a hole during each visit to MK. I’m looking forward visiting our Presidents in all their glory again

Cliff

Dude get real. The people who would cause a ruckus over a theme park attraction probably cant afford to even vacation at WDW much less anything else.

I really hope you are right that pro-whatever or anti-whatever protesters, activists and other people with bad intentions are too poor to afford a Disney ticket.

However, I believe that overly-passionate, politically activist minded people on any side come in all income brackets.

CT

Cliff

This brings up a NEW question;

Does Disney write a "consent of likeness usage" contract for this? Is the President granting Disney to use his name and likeness legally? If so, does the contract allow him to revoke those rights if he no longer wants his likeness used or doesn't agree with it on display anymore?

Could the President force Disney to remove his Anamatronic at any time if he so desires? Or, is he signing it away forever to Disney with no power to recall it?

Hmmmm.......With him being a public figure, maybe he has no say anyway?

Last edited:

discos

Does Disney write a "consent of likeness usage" contract for this? Is the President granting Disney to use his name and likeness legally? If so, does the contract allow him to revoke those rights if he no longer wants his likeness used or doesn't agree with it on display anymore?

Could the President force Disney to remove his Anamatronic at any time if he so desires? Or, is he signing it away forever to Disney with no power to recall it?

Hmmmm.......
For all we know, this could very well be part of the reason why it’s taken so long to reopen. Who knows

BlindChow

We have a good idea of what presidents looked like from death masks and portraits. As to their voices, we trust descriptions from others and guess from there. It's imperfect but they aren't randomly guessing, either.
Eh, from the descriptions of Lincoln's actual voice as "shrill" and "high-pitched," I'm okay with Disney going with the more traditional statesman-sounding Royal Dano interpretation of his voice...

DAK1928

This is a great opportunity for The Muppets to provide some comic relief... hope they can incorporate some of the controversy into a new script for the Liberty Square show.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Hmmmm.......With him being a public figure, maybe he has no say anyway?
I don’t think he could stop them using his likeness being that he is a public figure and they are not portraying him in a negative manner at all. They may need some sort of contract to control the use of his voice indefinitely. I assume if he already recorded the voice part it’s already hashed out.

Cliff

I don’t think he could stop them using his likeness being that he is a public figure and they are not portraying him in a negative manner at all. They may need some sort of contract to control the use of his voice indefinitely. I assume if he already recorded the voice part it’s already hashed out.

Yeah,....Disney is not just using his likeness in a static way, like a publicly taken photograph. Disney is using his likeness to literally portray him, directly "being" him with "his" message to us.

Well, I dont know about the legal aspects of this. However, know how the President is EXTREMELY keen on licensing his name to other companies around the world. I suspect he demanded an "escape" clause in the contract that allows him to back out if he changes his mind at ANY time. Disney would have no choice but to accept it. After all, If Disney chose to NOT deal with him, he could EASILY make Disney's life publicly miserable by chastising and shaming the attraction for using his likeness against his will. (Could you imagine a President actually trying to do that?....Disney would be mortified.)

What the heck....lol,..I'm just throwing guesses here.....

Cliff

Whatever your opinions may be on our current president, after an election, half of the country feels one way and the other feels another. You can't please everyone, for Disney to take away the speaking role of the acting president, even if the election wasn't as controversial as the 2016 one, it'll be a public statement to many that Disney has chosen the left/right. However it is quite clear that Disney leans toward the left, it was smart to not reduce the role of the acting president. If a talking robot really agitates you so much that you can't keep calm in a theatre, you may need to see a physiatrist.

It's the NOT actual "talking robot" that people will fight over. This has nothing to do with Disney either. People are going to fight and argue about the "symbolic figure" in front of them. They are going to use the public nature of the "occasion" to voice themselves one way or the other. If this was a private statue in an unknown alleyway somewhere, nobody would care. Unfortunately, this is a symbolic (talking) statue in one of the most globally prominent destinations presented by the largest media company in the world.

This is an opportunity for some people to make a name for themselves and be seen/heard around the world....causing whatever drama they can create. It's a "I have a message for everyone watching" type mentality.

Let's see if people can even tolerate the political shirts and hats that people will bring....

I can just see a "pro" and "anti" person with their shirts on display pressed up against each other waiting to get in. And heaven forbid if they wind up sitting next to each other during the speech.

CT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom