The Hall of Presidents to reopen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilChameleon

Look, Im no "doomsday" guy....but there IS a possibility that "IF" too many videos appear on YouTube and CNN. Fox and all the other stations of too many people trying to make public political statements online.....if nasty fight breakouts are ""common", than Disney could shut down this attraction in 6 months....wow, thats a horrible thought.

Do you really think people are going to come to blows over an air conditioned attraction at Walt Disney World? People will be too thankful to be out of the heat to throw punches.

TROR

If they ever dare remove this attraction from Walt Disney World, the only way I could forgive them is if they moved it over to Disneyland and built the abandoned idea of Liberty Street off of Main Street USA and place it there. This attraction means too much to Disney history and honors too much of American history to just throw it away because some people don't like the current president. NEWSFLASH: The president changes minimum every 8 years, if not less! If FDR, the guy who put millions of Japanese-Americans into labor camps during World War II, is on the attraction, I'm sure Trump or anyone else will be perfectly fine.

ppete1975

This just made me think of something. Everyone says they are glad to hear Washington Lincoln speak.. or someone that speaks before they were born. So it made me google and discover. The oldest known recording of a president was ben Harrison sometime between 1889-1893 (there was one of hayes made but its lost to history). The first video is 1897 McKinley. The first photograph (which takes away artist license in a painting) was john adam in 1843. So do we even know what all of our presidents looked like or sounded like. Just something to ponder.

righttrack

This just made me think of something. Everyone says they are glad to hear Washington Lincoln speak.. or someone that speaks before they were born. So it made me google and discover. The oldest known recording of a president was ben Harrison sometime between 1889-1893 (there was one of hayes made but its lost to history). The first video is 1897 McKinley. The first photograph (which takes away artist license in a painting) was john adam in 1843. So do we even know what all of our presidents looked like or sounded like. Just something to ponder.

What accounts for historical record is so flimsy as we get further away from the recorded age. This is why this attraction is so important. It fleshes out the imagination.

TROR

Here's a death mask of George Washington

washington.jpg

ppete1975

True, but I think that a majority or people think that when they watch a documentary or hall of presidents that they assume we know these things. Especially now that we take over a trillion photos in a year, and audio and video is an afterthought.

ppete1975

Lincolns death mask
Taken at the time of his autopsy and currently on display at the National Museum of Health and Medicine, Washington DC. In 2007, Dr. John Sotos studied his face and medical records and concluded that he suffered from a disease called Multiple Mucosal Neuroma Syndrome and had he not been assassinated, he would have died soon anyway.

Minthorne

It is suppose to have new projection and audio systems. I guess i'm expecting a new script and narrator - but just my own expectations there.

JBIRDTO

I agree, and I wonder, too what Disney will do to protect the dignity of the attraction. Candidly, I don't know what I'd do if I was in their shoes -- perhaps additional cameras as you suggest, some kind of transparent barrier between guests and the animatronics (in addition to heckling, I can see guests throwing drinks/projectiles), a bag check/compulsory free lockers for all bags beforehand, and additional CMs stationed in the theater to usher out anyone who can't behave.

I hope that those who would be tempted to heckle, boo, or otherwise make the attraction about themselves will stay away. (I certainly will -- not because I can't behave myself, but simply because I'm not going to find the latest addition enjoyable to behold, so why waste vacation time on it?) Still, private political feelings do not excuse public rudeness, and the people who want to experience this attraction should be able to do so in an atmosphere of peace and respect.
The thing is, even an outburst of positive applause, cheering and excitement could be viewed as inappropriate. It will be very interesting indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom