The Hall of Presidents to reopen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm helping a friend with planning a trip in February, and it stills hows the HoP being closed for refurbishment. Is this a different refurbishment or have they not gotten around to updating the calendars?
It hasn't been updated.

Weather_Lady

I'm helping a friend with planning a trip in February, and it stills hows the HoP being closed for refurbishment. Is this a different refurbishment or have they not gotten around to updating the calendars?

I don't think they've updated them -- if I look at the WDW website's park hours for my upcoming visit in May 2018, they list HoP as being closed then as well. I assume they're waiting until they have a hard and fast re-opening date to update the website.

(FWIW, I've noticed the same glitch for another refurb -- the website shows Typhoon Lagoon being closed for my dates in May too, even though it will have re-opened from its winter refurb long before then.)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Steve has been more than fair. @Goofyernmost posted a crazy anti-trump post yesterday and it was deleted almost immediately. Steve and the other mods have a near impossible task of moderating this thread.

The fact they are keeping it open just proves their dedication to attempt an on-topic discussion. Most other places would either:
A) shut this thread down completely
B) offer and allow their biased opinions

The fact @wdwmagic hasnt done either is a testimony to how great this forum is. Props should go to them if anything.
Steve and the Mods should have cameras filming themselves as they delete the comments. I bet it would be a hoot to see their facial expressions as they read some of them. Id pay to see that

Bocabear

It is kind of odd how quiet they are being about this...In the past there would have been a flurry of press releases breathlessly exclaiming the sculpter had finished the model for the animatronic....ther there would be a series of marketing releases that they were finishing up...or something....
This has just been silent....

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@wdwmagic, do you know if they will continue the Muppets Stroll Through the American Revolution? [Yes, I know that's not the name of the show] I really enjoyed it - how can you not like Miss Piggy and Kermit explaining history - and would like to see it continue.

es135

It sounds like I'll probably miss out on seeing this during my trip this weekend. I'm still excited to see the Muppets in Liberty Square though!

drizgirl

It is kind of odd how quiet they are being about this...In the past there would have been a flurry of press releases breathlessly exclaiming the sculpter had finished the model for the animatronic....ther there would be a series of marketing releases that they were finishing up...or something....
Can't say that I blame them for that. It will probably just quietly open one day with no fanfare. And that's probably for the best.

EricsBiscuit

They have nothing to gain from publicizing it... at all. His approval rating is something like 32% of the country, but he's also very unpopular with a larger percentage of the country. Whatever positive gains they'd get out of the bump in attendance they'd lose in negative press coverage and social media posts. Just a fact of doing business. Better to let it open quietly and use it as a people-eater to draw in crowds over the holidays.
Then I guess the 68% can skip this attraction.

jbolen2

The way I look at it, by timely opening it like they had done every other president it would have just been business as usual. They could have claimed no political side no matter what president going forward. By waiting there will be people mad on either side. I see it as a lose lose no matter what.

Cameron1529

It is an interesting point. Possibly due to the controversy relating to Trumps presidency, however I am not sure

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Surely they want this open as soon as possible to soak up some Sparkle Season crowds... who will be arriving starting this weekend...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
What are the chances of this just silently opening sometime in the next week or two without anyone on these boards having any advanced notice? I mean, is that even possible, or do the "insiders" on these boards have enough advanced knowledge that we would at least have a day or two warning?

disnyfan89

The way I look at it, by timely opening it like they had done every other president it would have just been business as usual. They could have claimed no political side no matter what president going forward. By waiting there will be people mad on either side. I see it as a lose lose no matter what.

Except it took so long, allegedly, because the white house and Disney could not come to an agreement over the script and lock down a recording session.

Princess Leia

What are the chances of this just silently opening sometime in the next week or two without anyone on these boards having any advanced notice? I mean, is that even possible, or do the "insiders" on these boards have enough advanced knowledge that we would at least have a day or two warning?
Even if it opens quietly, I’m assuming that it’s hours of operation would show up on the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom