The Hall of Presidents to reopen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

I believe I've read that that's generally the methodology. The "new" seated Obama doesn't need to be nearly as limber as the current sitting, errrr, standing president. Thus the more limber frame that was inside Obama for the past 8 years will be refitted to become President Trump.
I understand how they can modify build, but I wonder how (or if) they modify for height.

trainplane3

I understand how they can modify build, but I wonder how (or if) they modify for height.
YRU_Hi-Reflective-Platform-Shoes_SIDE2_large.jpg
?

discos

When you click on the Hall of Presidents page on the Disney site, a message that says "someone ate the page" comes up. Could be indication of anything?

DisneyDodo

When you click on the Hall of Presidents page on the Disney site, a message that says "someone ate the page" comes up. Could be indication of anything?
Do you think someone could have eaten the attraction? I feel like that would be really hard, but it would definitely explain the delay in opening it. Seems very unlikely to me - I give this less than a 5% chance of being the reason

andysol

DVC members are more likely to behave?

Yes, at a DVC party.

This must be your first DVC party. I’ve been to multiple- and I see an incredible sense of entitlement and bad behavior every time- to the point it makes me embarrassed to be a member and be associated with that type of behavior. Most are great- but the ones that arent are so classless that they overshadow the rest. Had you been a fly on the wall at sunshine seasons with the free hot dogs and carrots and apple packets, you’d think they were throwing out $100 bills. 20 carrot packages shoved in your backpack? Yup, saw it. Interestingly enough- almost every time it ends up being the Florida resident locals who are the worst behaved. I spoke to a dozen+ people the past 2-3 parties I attended that went to every single one of them last year. Yes, 4 Typhoon lagoons 4 weeks in a row. Yes, both Epcot ones. To hell with those trying to get in that are staying on site, right?

My favorite was the guy behind me on Monday who told his friend he was going to get several ice cream bars to take back home to put in his freezer at his apartment because he thought it was cold enough outside that it wouldn’t melt.

Luckily that trashy behavior should be slowed down by the new rule they are enacting in 2018 where they will only allow you one party per location per account (only 1 TL, 1 Epcot, etc). Still wish it was on-site only like it was back in 2015 for the first Typhoon Lagoon one. That was the only one where 99% were respectful and it was walk-on and actually felt exclusive. But that’s another post for another day.

Last edited:

trainplane3

This must be your first DVC party. I’ve been to multiple- and I see an incredible sense of entitlement and bad behavior every time- to the point it makes me embarrassed to be a member and be associated with that type of behavior. Most are great- but the ones that arent are so classless that they overshadow the rest. Had you been a fly on the wall at sunshine seasons with the free hot dogs and carrots and apple packets, you’d think they were throwing out $100 bills. 20 carrot packages shoved in your backpack? Yup, saw it. Interestingly enough- almost every time it ends up being the Florida resident locals who are the worst behaved. I spoke to a dozen+ people the past 2-3 parties I attended that went to every single one of them last year. Yes, 4 Typhoon lagoons 4 weeks in a row. Yes, both Epcot ones. To hell with those trying to get in that are staying on site, right?

My favorite was the guy behind me on Monday who told his friend he was going to get several ice cream bars to take back home to put in his freezer at his apartment because he thought it was cold enough outside that it wouldn’t melt.

Luckily that trashy behavior should be slowed down by the new rule they are enacting in 2018 where they will only allow you one party per location per account (only 1 TL, 1 Epcot, etc). Still wish it was on-site only like it was back in 2015 for the first Typhoon Lagoon one. That was the only one where 99% were respectful and it was walk-on and actually felt exclusive. But that’s another post for another day.
I mean, to be honest, DVC members are just regular people with money to burn (like a lot of various premium services). I've never been to a DVC party but after seeing how people act with the free snacks and drinks in the Imagination lounge, it doesn't surprise me with how you described them. Everyone is only worried about how much they can get and never think about the person right behind them.

Disclosure: I am unofficially officially DVC. I'll be added onto my parents the next time we buy into a resort, most likely Riviera unless it really is as meh as it looks in the concept then we'll hold for the Epcot resort. As long as they don't ruin the park with it and future changes.

Magic Feather

Disclosure: I am unofficially officially DVC. I'll be added onto my parents the next time we buy into a resort, most likely Riviera unless it really is as meh as it looks in the concept then we'll hold for the Epcot resort. As long as they don't ruin the park with it and future changes.
Riviera will be nice, but not some glorious, life-altering DVC. As for EPCOT, I don't know if I would count on it (at least the first one) being DVC.

trainplane3

Riviera will be nice, but not some glorious, life-altering DVC. As for EPCOT, I don't know if I would count on it (at least the first one) being DVC.
I'm not expecting it to be something incredible, I just want something close to Epcot and DHS since I spend most of my time at those parks and having a dedicated and (hopefully) reliable form of transit is a huge plus to me. If it's better than BLT, it's a win for me. Personally, I love WL and that will be my primary forever though. Epcot, I guess I shouldn't expect it to have a DVC wing in phase one (or however they're doing it) but I would almost expect them to do it at some point.

They sure love building DVC additions for everything it seems. Is it bad that I've gotten to expect them to build a DVC wing for (almost) every resort? Not that I think of it as a plus though. They were on a roll just a couple years ago with GF, Contemporary, and Polynesian right after the other.

Aaaaaand that's all from me on DVC in a HoP thread! Time to get the train back on the tracks.

Cameron1529

Are you serious? You think the optics of "reskinning" to eliminate America's first African American president in place of another white guy would be something Disney would even consider doing? If somebody even brought that up in a meeting they'd be shown the door.

I was having a mature discussion relating to the logistics of the animatronics and the procedure relating to the introduction of President Trump's animatronic. I am not being racist or bigotry in any way and am not going to get into politics because this is a Disney forum relating to an attraction. I was just answering a question that someone posed saying that the animatronic of Obama will be utilised for Presidents Trump's.

baskinthemagic

Livin' to Bask in the Magic!
Wrote WDW months ago asking for an opening date...Just got a reply minutes ago:
----------------------------------------------------------
Dear ____,

Thank you for your message regarding the Walt Disney World Resort.

From time to time, we make adjustments to our offerings. Continuing tradition, we will be adding the newest president to The Hall of Presidents this year. The attraction is currently undergoing refurbishment and, as we have previously shared, it will be reopening with President Donald J. Trump by the end of the year

Please watch the Disney Parks Blog at https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog for the most up to date information.

Our Guests' feedback, as well as their continued enthusiasm for our products and services, is very important to us. We genuinely appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us.

Best regards,

Christopher Hyde
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort

Last edited:

21stamps

Wrote WDW months ago asking for an opening date...Just got a reply minutes ago:
----------------------------------------------------------
Dear ____,

Thank you for your message regarding the Walt Disney World Resort.

From time to time, we make adjustments to our offerings. Continuing tradition, we will be adding the newest president to The Hall of Presidents this year. The attraction is currently undergoing refurbishment and, as we have previously shared, it will be reopening with President Donald J. Trump by the end of the year

Please watch the Disney Parks Blog at https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog for the most up to date information.

Our Guests' feedback, as well as their continued enthusiasm for our products and services, is very important to us. We genuinely appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us.

Best regards,

Christopher Hyde
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort

What did your original email say? The “genuinely appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts” has me curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom