The Hall of Presidents to reopen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliff

So with no "politics" involved with this question. How long does it take to build ANY President Animatronic? (This word "ANY" should make all sides happy)

I imagine the frame, servos, motors, wiring, processors and all mechanical pieces are just "off the shelf" items they keep in stock.

I'd guess that it's only the face, skin, hair and body dimensions that are custom. Of course, all the labor to program movements take a while. Maybe this is the longest part of the process?

So building "any" President Animatronic is possibly a year long process???

Disney built this President in 1 year as I'm sure they didn't expect they would have needed to build him before November of last year.

CT

JoeCamel

So with no "politics" involved with this question. How long does it take to build ANY President Animatronic? (This word "ANY" should make all sides happy)

I imagine the frame, servos, motors, wiring, processors and all mechanical pieces are just "off the shelf" items they keep in stock.

I'd guess that it's only the face, skin, hair and body dimensions that are custom. Of course, all the labor to program movements take a while. Maybe this is the longest part of the process?

Disney built this President in 1 year as I'm sure they didn't expect they would have needed to build him before November of last year.

CT
Usually they don't make a new one they redress one of the advanced ones to the incoming role and redress a less advanced AA for the outgoing role

peter11435

Well, they’re doing a lot more than just adding a new figure.
?

What are they doing that they didn't do in 2009?

In 2009 they replaced and upgraded the projectors. Created an entirely new film and changed the format of the show to include the mid show Lincoln speech. Upgraded several figures. Repositioned several figures. Installed a special curtain for Lincolns speech. Replaced the lighting and audio systems. Upgraded the fire alarm systems. Added new casework in the rotunda space. Modified seating to accommodate more wheelchairs. Asbestos removal....

Last edited:

21stamps

?

In 2009 they replaced and upgraded the projectors. Created an entirely new film and changed the format of the show to include the mid show Lincoln speach. Upgraded several figures. Repositioned several figures. Installed a special curtain for Lincolns speech. Replaced the lighting and audio systems. Upgraded the fire alarm systems. Added new casework in the rotunda space. Modified seating to accommodate more wheelchairs. Asbestos removal....

That’s a lot more than adding a new figure as well.

Why the delay with the new show? Who knows, it could be the show or changes itself, or it could be the AA. I don’t think it’s accurate for someone to claim that the sole cause is the AA... we don’t know that.

englanddg

One Little Spark...

Why the delay with the new show? Who knows, it could be the show or changes itself, or it could be the AA. I don’t think it’s accurate for someone to claim that the sole cause is the AA... we don’t know that.
The annoying orange had a previous commitment...they had to wait for him to become available.

tenor.gif

peter11435

?

The cause of the delay is not the AA

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Usually they don't make a new one they redress one of the advanced ones to the incoming role and redress a less advanced AA for the outgoing role
I think this is true. The only top of the line AAs with the most advanced types of motion are Lincoln, Washington and the current POTUS. I believe when Obama was created they used the body of George W and just redid the head. George W got a lower level AA body with less range of motion. @marni1971 or someone with more knowledge please correct me if that’s not true.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I think this is true. The only top of the line AAs with the most advanced types of motion are Lincoln, Washington and the current POTUS. I believe when Obama was created they used the body of George W and just redid the head. George W got a lower level AA body with less range of motion. @marni1971 or someone with more knowledge please correct me if that’s not true.
Not sure if it's true or not...but...it doesn't fall in line with reporting at the time.

Obama's figure was "the most dynamic figure Disney has ever created" when released, according to interviews with Imagineers in July 2009.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/07/03/obama.disney/index.html

Gringrinngghost

CT
They start with the busts well in advance (after the primaries) so from January 17, 2017 to the original reopening date it was only going to b a 6.5 month refurb.

englanddg

One Little Spark...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I've deleted about 300 political posts from this thread. Please take this as a final warning. Any further posts that are political in nature will be removed and the poster will be prevented from making part in this thread.

We have an entire section devoted to political talk, please keep it there.

Politics and Social Issues

Many readers just want to talk about the HoP reopening, and not read political viewpoints. Please respect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom