The Hall of Presidents to reopen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi Stitch

Take THAT James Buchanan!
I just saw the Mystery at the museum episode where he almost died from arsenic poison. Everyone thought it was an assassination attempt, but it turned out the hotel rodent problem was treated with arsenic. The rat went looking for water and drowned in the water system and the arsenic leeched out of the rats and poisoned all the hotel guest including James Buchanan who was there for per-inaugural balls.

matt9112

As a non-supporter of Trump, I'm thrilled this is reopening. People who want to visit this attraction can do so, thereby lessening the number of people in line for attractions I want to experience. It's a win-win in my book, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Why waste my time protesting an AA when I can have joy and fun doing things I actually like?

so you can't enjoy this attraction to any degree because of the AA?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Not quite. The point of the attraction is to honor and respect American history, correct? (trying not to be too political) I do not think the current president does either of those things. I will happily enjoy it again in 3 years.
Understood but not all Presidents were angels during their presidency. Clearly you have been to the attraction so I am guessing you didn't "protest" them either (Bush 2, Clinton, Nixon, etc.)

StringBeanDream

Understood but not all Presidents were angels during their presidency. Clearly you have been to the attraction so I am guessing you didn't "protest" them either (Bush 2, Clinton, Nixon, etc.)

Quite a difference between those you have listed, but like I said I am not getting into a debate here. For the people that like the current president I hope they enjoy this update.

Incomudro

Not quite. The point of the attraction is to honor and respect American history, correct? (trying not to be too political) I do not think the current president does either of those things. I will happily enjoy it again in 3 years.

Part of the point of the attraction is to feature the Presidents.
A new President is added each time one takes office.
The attraction doesn't and shouldn't selectively choose to omit a new President.
BTW., the current President will still be in the attraction in 3 years.

GrumpyFan

Part of the point of the attraction is to feature the Presidents.
A new President is added each time one takes office.
The attraction doesn't and shouldn't selectively choose to omit a new President.
BTW., the current President will still be in the attraction in 3 years.

Not to get too political, but your last comment regarding him being there in 3 years, seems somewhat premature, don't you think?
Unless you can see the future or have actually time traveled, how do you know this?
For the record, I (begrudgingly) voted for him, but I seriously have to wonder if he can or will go the full term.

Also, while I disagree with @NicNac0404 and their reasoning to not visit the attraction, I respect their right and decision not to go. If everyone who felt like this would do the same, it might actually be smoothly for re-opening, but I fear there will be a few who feel like they need to go and heckle or boo the new animatronic.

matt9112

lol ok I just can't wrap my head around how seeing or looking or hearing a single person (not to mention a fake version) ruins your own time doing anything for that matter. besides blocking a forum member from time to time for assaulting an opinion I don't get put off by anyone I see or hear.

matt9112

Not to get too political, but your last comment regarding him being there in 3 years, seems somewhat premature, don't you think?
Unless you can see the future or have actually time traveled, how do you know this?
For the record, I (begrudgingly) voted for him, but I seriously have to wonder if he can or will go the full term.

Also, while I disagree with @NicNac0404 and their reasoning to not visit the attraction, I respect their right and decision not to go. If everyone who felt like this would do the same, it might actually be smoothly for re-opening, but I fear there will be a few who feel like they need to go and heckle or boo the new animatronic.

to be fair I'm in the same boat I voted for him not because of him but more so because of her. as well as the supreme court. a president is here for 4 years possibly I can deal with that. the supreme court is something my children's children may have to contend with. no thanks. I never look too much into this stuff it's an attraction at Disney world in going to do it.

disneygeek90

I hope this isn’t inappropriate for the thread..here’s a question,

What do you guys do during the State of the Union? Or when your children have homework? Or when you’re teaching your children about history, past and present?

Do you exclude everything that you don’t like?
You realize we're not in the political thread, right? You're just asking for this thread to close with condescending questions like that.

Weather_Lady

lol ok I just can't wrap my head around how seeing or looking or hearing a single person (not to mention a fake version) ruins your own time doing anything for that matter. besides blocking a forum member from time to time for assaulting an opinion I don't get put off by anyone I see or hear.

You sound like a very laid-back, chill person, which I admire. To respond to your thought, though: I think the reason many of us would prefer to "sit out" HoP for awhile is that we go on vacations to escape from the stresses of the "real world," and would prefer to do only the things we find most enjoyable, or least boring/annoying/stressful. That doesn't mean that the attractions I tend to skip (e.g., Stitch's Great Escape when it was open, HoP when it reopens) would "ruin my day" -- it's just that out of all the things I could choose to do at WDW, they land at the bottom of the list, and I'd find a Trump "speech" to be about as delightful as Stitch's chili dog belch in my face. On the other hand, there are people who loved Stitch's Great Escape, and there will be those who will love the new HoP. We all get to do what we want and skip what we don't, and nobody should be judged for their choices either way. Pretty groovy.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If you go to an attraction like HoP and cant see the beauty, artistry, majesty of an attraction that has too many components to imagine, and all you do is sit there quiet or act like a fool because of one particular person that one of those plastic moving AAs represents, then I tend to pity such an individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom