The Hall of Presidents to reopen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Clearly, the barrier would be before the shield...and be a more complex system than the existing intrusion devices which shut down attractions (most automatically). You just made it sound like it was some weird impossibility, when the basic technology has already been in use in the parks for decades. The person who posted it said "cause to be deployed" which to me means a cast member wouldn't be involved.

Well, I'm going to go with Martin's assessment, and he said he was a possibility, he just hasn't confirmed what has been done yet, so I'm gonna go with him. It's really not as crazy as you seem to think. To think these types of systems have not been developed in a post-9/11 world would be a bit unrealistic.
I never said the technology didn’t exist, just that it seems like overkill for this situation. I could be completely wrong. I missed Martin’s post where he said this was happening. He knows a lot more than me so maybe it is true.

TeriofTerror

As a non-supporter of Trump, I'm thrilled this is reopening. People who want to visit this attraction can do so, thereby lessening the number of people in line for attractions I want to experience. It's a win-win in my book, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Why waste my time protesting an AA when I can have joy and fun doing things I actually like?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
As a non-supporter of Trump, I'm thrilled this is reopening. People who want to visit this attraction can do so, thereby lessening the number of people in line for attractions I want to experience. It's a win-win in my book, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Why waste my time protesting an AA when I can have joy and fun doing things I actually like?
Plus, instead of paying $100+ to protest a robot you can actually protest the real Donald Trump anytime you want in the real world for free.

lentesta

Premium Member
Following info based on very good source....
1. HoP will be reopening very soon.
2. Completely revamped show.
3. Trump will recite the oath of office followed by a few sentences of Disney-written script.
4. A “safety screen” has been installed to protect the center stage animatronics (including Trump). Anyone or anything flying at the stage will immediately cause it to be deployed.
5. A security booth which will at least initially be manned has been added to the far side of the stage.

From what I've heard today, Disney will have plainclothes security in the front row of each show (at least to start with).

Cliff

From what I've heard today, Disney will have plainclothes security in the front row of each show (at least to start with).

WOW! These plain clothed security people are going to be THE most heavily coached and trained security people that Disney has ever had. They are going to have to know exactly what to say and how much force to apply in a situation. They also must be trained to remove the situation as fast an quietly as possible. (if it's even possible at all) They know that "when" they need to act, there will be 5, 10 or 20 cell cameras recording what they do and how they do it.

I would venture to guess that they train after park hours and setup "real life" scenarios with actors to train on. Then they are evaluated on how well they performed on the acting protester.

God help them if they apply too much force to a guest on video. Again, the United Airlines video of them dragging out a customer keeps playing over and over in my head.

Those special guards have THE worst job in Disney. I feel for them.

CT

21stamps

WOW! These plain clothed security people are going to be THE most heavily coached and trained security people that Disney has ever had. They are going to have to know exactly what to say and how much force to apply in a situation. They also must be trained to remove the situation as fast an quietly as possible. (if it's even possible at all) They know that "when" they need to act, there will be 5, 10 or 20 cell cameras recording what they do and how they do it.

I would venture to guess that they train after park hours and setup "real life" scenarios with actors to train on. Then they are evaluated on how well they performed on the acting protester.

God help them if they apply too much force to a guest on video. Again, the United Airlines video of them dragging out a customer keeps playing over and over in my head.

CT

It’s ridiculous if true. Society is going backwards.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

CT
It’s just security. They have security guards currently in the parks. They won’t be attacking people, just keeping the peace. If there are no issues they will be gone in a few weeks or a month. Seems like a non-event to me.

HauntedMansionFLA

CT
If people damage anything or cause a fight, throw them out. Do that a few times and word will get around, then hopefully things calm down. People had their chance to have their voice heard back last November. Get out and vote in 2020.

JeffH

I love Morgan Freeman, but considering his political leaning, I doubt he'd be narrating the show this time. Maybe someone like Trace Atkins would have been great. Personally, I wasn't a fan of the narration of Maya Angelou (during Clinton's term), her voice was just too weak to narrate something like this. I've always loved HoP no matter which president was featured and look forward to the new show. And considering that Disney would most likely kick protesters from the park and ban them from Disney properties forever, I would think that people would restrain themselves from such stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom