The Hall of Presidents to reopen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I would imagine an infrared grid near the front of the stage that when it detects something large enough, high speed pneumatic pistons pull up a gauzy screen that's right in front of the AAs. I'm pretty sure they can make it fast enough. Not sure they can make it quiet enough that it won't wake up everyone.
All kidding aside, do you guys really think Disney would build an automated system to detect flying objects and deploy some sort of defense? First, that sounds expensive. They would probably choose leaving the building vacant with a few planters blocking the doorway over spending that kind of money. Second, that seems like it would be prone to breakdowns. 2 weeks after opening the sophisticated defense shield would be broken and replaced by a strobe light. Third, anything that’s too cool will be tempting for people to target just to see it work. I would expect a much more low tech, boring solution.

Cousin Huet

This automatic system is not happening. Not sure where that is coming from but I’m not buying it at all. These aren’t indirect fire attacks that are going to be knocked down by a phalanx or C-RAMS. We are talking about mentally disturbed people trying to deface robots to fulfill some delusional fantasy. You need security for the first month trespassing anyone that cannot act right (beyond speech) in public. Kick every single one of them out and ban them. Make a nice little public walk of shame for them and in a few weeks the crazies will tighten their stuff up.

21stamps

This automatic system is not happening. Not sure where that is coming from but I’m not buying it at all. These aren’t indirect fire attacks that are going to be knocked down by a phalanx or C-RAMS. We are talking about mentally disturbed people trying to deface robots to fulfill some delusional fantasy. You need security for the first month trespassing anyone that cannot act right (beyond speech) in public. Kick every single one of them out and ban them. Make a nice little public walk of shame for them and in a few weeks the crazies will tighten their stuff up.

I’m with you. It all sounds a little too dramatic and sci-fi. I’m not buying it either.

peter11435

I imagine it's a case of the telephone game and things being miscommuicated. I'm imagining something more along the lines of the intrusion systems most attractions and some shows (philharmagic for example) already have. The system will detect if someone or something gets to close to the screen or stage and will then alert the cast and automatically stop the show.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
upload_2017-11-29_23-28-35.png

DisneyCane

All of the parks have metal detectors. None of the parks (including Magic Kingdom) make every guests who enters use them all the time.

From what I've experienced you only are guaranteed to get the metal detector in the guests without bags line. Sometimes it is quicker to go through the bag check area and avoid the line for the metal detector. Obviously not in the morning but at times during the day.

peter11435

From what I've experienced you only are guaranteed to get the metal detector in the guests without bags line. Sometimes it is quicker to go through the bag check area and avoid the line for the metal detector. Obviously not in the morning but at times during the day.
It really depends. There are times at all parks where they funnel everyone through and there are time at all parks where they are random. No bag lines typically are much more likely to go through. Also the satellite locations for MK at the resorts and boat launches generally send everyone through as well.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
All kidding aside, do you guys really think Disney would build an automated system to detect flying objects and deploy some sort of defense? First, that sounds expensive. They would probably choose leaving the building vacant with a few planters blocking the doorway over spending that kind of money. Second, that seems like it would be prone to breakdowns. 2 weeks after opening the sophisticated defense shield would be broken and replaced by a strobe light. Third, anything that’s too cool will be tempting for people to target just to see it work. I would expect a much more low tech, boring solution.
It'd be easier just to install a mesh scrim across the entire stage front to keep debris from going into the AA area.

Incomudro

Maybe they could put a mesh cage in front of the Presidents.
Was it the movie Roadhouse that had such a barrier in front of the band?
Then people can hurl beer bottles at the Presidents.

Incomudro

That's it.
That's the way things used to be done, and should be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom