The General Gardening Thread

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
My dad's garden as of a week ago.
We have pumpkins, peppers, green beans, tomatoes, muss melon, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, summer squash, winter squash, eggplant, sunflowers, other flowers I can't recall, I'm sure I'm missing something lol.
We picked a couple bags of green beans the other day.
Cooking them up right now and I'll be making green bean salad as a side tonight.

1596471696072.png
1596471750613.png

Ricky Spanish

My dad's garden as of a week ago.
We have pumpkins, peppers, green beans, tomatoes, muss melon, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, summer squash, winter squash, eggplant, sunflowers, other flowers I can't recall, I'm sure I'm missing something lol.
We picked a couple bags of green beans the other day.
Cooking them up right now and I'll be making green bean salad as a side tonight.

View attachment 488818
View attachment 488819
That’s not a garden, that’s a farm!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@MinnieM123 so, Mrs Willmark had me paint some more stones (in between the puttering in the garden and garage).

Looks like these are going in the front flower beds.

Not sure which she likes better, white on red, or red on the white...
View attachment 488925

❤Both painted rocks are just so CUTE. What a sweet gesture from you to Mrs. Willmark. I guess it would depend upon the specific plant or flower colors, which of the polka dot color schemes would complement the garden the best. Actually, both would probably go well in multiple locations.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I call my wife “the Duchess”
Does that make you a Duke? :p

Oh yes BTW and thus far I have eaten 6 carrots and more are coming along....but I can see what you mean, the orange ones grow the best and the purple and white ones are rather pathetic.....did you ever get Calvin and Hobbes refurbished!?!?!

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Just got home from work to find this enormous tiger swallowtail on my phlox. Then its twin showed up! And my dill didn’t even do well this year.

View attachment 489535View attachment 489536

Been seeing a lot of tigers, giants, monarchs and black swallowtails for weeks. Those Tigers host plant is actually the Tulip tree and they are the most boring sluggish caterpillars ever....I raised one once. Must be so they don't fall off the tops of the trees where they are usually laid. :DBlack Swallowtail pillars will devour your dill, parsley, carrots, anything in that family they are the least picky pillars!

Last edited:

Ricky Spanish

Does that make you a Duke? :p

Oh yes BTW and thus far I have eaten 6 carrots and more are coming along....but I can see what you mean, the orange ones grow the best and the purple and white ones are rather pathetic.....did you ever get Calvin and Hobbes refurbished!?!?!
Duke?
No.
But I have read this book.
B1B6F5A5-2525-4405-92E8-3DC8DA3518B3.jpeg
And Calvin and Hobbes are on the “to-do” list.
Just got back from the Kenosha Harbor Market and bought some fresh multi color carrots and golden beets.
Can wait to roast those.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
We have had so much rain I can't get in the garden to till for the fall veggie plants, thinking I should try planting rice

Meanwhile we have been much too dry.
It was fine at first but some of the plants are starting to die now.
My dad hates to water because its not easy. It doesn't help that the forecast keeps calling for showers and then they don't materialize.
We're supposed to get rain tomorrow night into Monday. If we don't watering must be done.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Got a decent rain last weekend and it looked like it was headed into Willmark's area.....we got at least 2 inches.....I second a motion for garden update Minnie!

Awesome tomato stash RickySpanish! Love the variations.....

My second batch of lettuce is coming along nicely! It has gotten into the 50's last few nights and it's loving that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom