The General Gardening Thread

John park hopper

We have 2 growing seasons here in coastal SC. Tilled up one garden which will be just for winter squash, heat has done in my tomatoes so I'll be starting some from seed for the fall, leeks did well first time I planted them. Planted shallots late just didn't get any size to them will replant in the fall

Ricky Spanish

We have 2 growing seasons here in coastal SC. Tilled up one garden which will be just for winter squash, heat has done in my tomatoes so I'll be starting some from seed for the fall, leeks did well first time I planted them. Planted shallots late just didn't get any size to them will replant in the fall
I love shallots. Never tried growing them. Planted green onions for the first time this year and they are doing pretty good. I've started pulling my green beans and reseeding. I use the spent green bean plants as mulch around my tomatoes plants. Should get a good second crop in before fall/frost.

epcotisbest

I don't know if anyone remembers, but awhile back I posted a little plant my wife got at the sick plant section of Lowe's and was nursing it back to health. She wanted me to go buy a little trellis for it, but I just cut some small limbs and zip tied them together as a homemade trellis. Well, it worked just fine and the little sick plant is thriving.

trellis.jpgtrellis2.jpg

21stamps

I don't know if anyone remembers, but awhile back I posted a little plant my wife got at the sick plant section of Lowe's and was nursing it back to health. She wanted me to go buy a little trellis for it, but I just cut some small limbs and zip tied them together as a homemade trellis. Well, it worked just fine and the little sick plant is thriving.

View attachment 487262View attachment 487263

Wow!! She definitely has a green thumb!

21stamps

She does like to go through the sick plant section, buy some bargains and nurse them back to health. Some of the hibiscus pics I posted earlier, $3 clearance at Lowes nursed back to health. :)

Can I ship my gardenias to your wife to heal and ship back? They bloomed with dead flowers. So strange.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
She does like to go through the sick plant section, buy some bargains and nurse them back to health. Some of the hibiscus pics I posted earlier, $3 clearance at Lowes nursed back to health. :)
I do the same. Last fall I bought 3 sad small shrubs to put in my large planters in the back. $2 each vs $40 From Lowe’s. This spring I put summer annuals in front of the shrub which I had cut back. They are very healthy. Fall and winter I seasonally decorated these planters in front of the shrubs from discount area of Michaels. I need curb appeal in awful weather months.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I picked my first tomatoes and cucumbers. I tried to get a pic but I have kids:banghead:

I started getting tomatoes last week. Of course, I planted only cherry/grape tomatoes so they are ready quicker. We've been enjoying sungold cherry tomatoes in our dinner salads I'm waiting on a new variety, a cherry tomato "Black Cherry" , supposed to be burgundy colored but they are very slow to ripen

Got my red bell pepper plant down very late, it's just blossoming now.

Herbs are having a strange season. Rosemary doing well, basil is bolting, parsley is turning albino. Not sure whether too much sun or an insect infestation. Oregano and chives are very happy

My local ShopRite had citronella plants!!

Tonight's dinner included bruschetta made with my tomatoes and basil. (Store bought garlic). Turned out good. :hungry:

Last edited:

John park hopper

Wife has 3 feeders one for finches and 2 for other birds, she has 2 feeders that have suet holders along with the bird seed. Suet attracts a lot of woodpeckers and the normal bluejays

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom