The Gaming Industry: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

TwilightZone

Ubisoft is releasing this game next year.

It’s also been confirmed that unlike other toys to life games you can buy the physical toys or buy the stuff digitally. I’m watching this with curiosity.

sounds interesting, but like amiibos, I'm not sure if I would really count that as a full toys to life game since it's half digital. But hey, it's a step in the right direction for the future of the toys to life genre.

Mike S

Original Poster
It's a bit of an end to an era. Pokemon started on the Gameboy and moved through all of the Nintendo handhelds. While the Switch is handheld to a degree, I still have a mixed feelings about it replacing the 3DS as the 3DS is still much more portable.
Many people think, including me, that Nintendo is likely to release a “Switch mini” alongside the new Pokémon games. Basically a revision that makes it smaller, cheaper, and more portable focused. It wouldn’t be a move completely out of left field since revisions are common among Nintendo portables.

Personally I’m fine with the current Switch model as anywhere I would be taking it for a long period of time I would have a bag with me anyway. If I decide to visit some family it’s also not that big of a deal to just bring it in the carrying case I bought.

It is the end of an era but it had to be done. As the last generation proved it was getting to be too much for Nintendo to support two separate pieces of hardware.

Cesar R M

You misunderstand. That's an homage to the banshees of ME3 that had magic suction power to grab you halfway across the map ;)
That was netcode programming lol.. this time was pure blatant horrible path-finding programming.
Still, nightmare homage... no wonder why nobody played against the darn Kett in PC multiplayer.

Cesar R M

Ubisoft is releasing this game next year.

It’s also been confirmed that unlike other toys to life games you can buy the physical toys or buy the stuff digitally. I’m watching this with curiosity.

hu, looks like a mixture between Star Wars Rebels and Fractured Space/Elite Dangerous. o_O

Jimmy Thick

Insane sale on the Steam Link here:

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5025/ICEY__Steam_Link_Bundle/

You have to buy a mediocre game with it but the Steam Link is a fantastic piece of hardware. It allows you to stream to your TV from your PC.

Not a fan of these I'm afraid. I'm more of RTS myself.

I hear ya. Unfortunately Blizzards Warcraft 3 ruined the whole RTS genre personally for me because nothing released since it has never quite come close to smelling it’s farts.

Jahona

Insane sale on the Steam Link here:

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5025/ICEY__Steam_Link_Bundle/

You have to buy a mediocre game with it but the Steam Link is a fantastic piece of hardware. It allows you to stream to your TV from your PC.

I hear ya. Unfortunately Blizzards Warcraft 3 ruined the whole RTS genre personally for me because nothing released since it has never quite come close to smelling it’s farts.

Geez that's cheap. I might pull the trigger for it being under 10 bucks.

Jimmy Thick

The Civ series is always fantastic. I'm loving 6 right now. They're also a great example of DLC done right.

Just one more turn Bro, just one more turn....

Geez that's cheap. I might pull the trigger for it being under 10 bucks.

I’ve never seen any Valve hardware product that cheap ever, if you’re a pc gamer it’s a must buy to stream from your pc.

And the product quality is extremely high.

I’m not the biggest Valve supporter, ( cough, waiting for any sequel with a 3 in it, cough), but the Link is a great product.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom