The Gaming Industry: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Mike S

Original Poster
Since this thread is down in Chit Chat I feel safe linking this latest episode of The Jimquisition here. For those who don’t know him I give a fair warning of language but I’m sure we’re all adults here.

The topic of course is microtransactions and its sickening evolution as time goes on.

Jimmy Thick

A bit old but it seems the playerbase for Destiny 2 is dropping off of a cliff.
http://mp1st.com/news/destiny-2-player-count-drops-2-million-since-launch

Could people be wising up?

Destiny, in my opinion is just meh. It tries to be a mmo slash FPS but other games do it better.

Overwatch is a far better game. Player Unknown Battlegrounds is a better and far more popular game.

KOTOR is the one that’s considered amazing right? Before BioWare went downhill?

KOTOR is an amazing game the first time through, the sequel kinda blows. I wouldn’t pay any more than a couple bucks for it, it’s always on sale from digital sellers.

Jahona

KOTOR is an amazing game the first time through, the sequel kinda blows. I wouldn’t pay any more than a couple bucks for it, it’s always on sale from digital sellers.

It's also been ported to mobile. It's the full game and not watered down either. It's a bit pricey for a mobile game but then again you are paying for more content than angry birds.

Jahona

This has been Ubisoft's approach for the last several years. Shoot, Wildlands is a great example of this. Having been playing with friends after several hours I started asking, didn't we do this exact mission before? The game tries to sell cosmetic and alternative weapons through it's in game store using it's own cash to in game currency system.

EA in more recent years tends to part out the Single Player and the Multiplayer aspects of games to different studios. Case in point the new Star Wars Battlefront 2. DICE is doing the multiplayer and Criterion Games and Motive Studios are working on the single player.
Now I will say this that even doing this split development process, it does seem certain aspects of their games still lack. Either kick multiplayer and lack luster single, or vice versa.

TwilightZone

You know guys, if you find something interesting feel free to post it here. I can’t do it all myself :p
618px-Ctrl_alt_del_hear_about.jpg

sorry had to :hilarious:

Jahona

Well two other games come out on the same day.

Who’s looking forward to Assassin’s Creed and/or Wolfenstein?

Wolfenstein for sure. I'm holding off on Assassin's Creed until I see that the time they took off from the franchise was put to good use. Syndicate wasn't bad but really the peak for me was IV Black Flag and that was the least Assassin's Creed game yet.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
ahh Destiny 2 how its meant to be played, over 60 fps with everything set to max :D altho cut scenes are locked @ 30fps, cmon Bungie lets hope that gets patched out in the near future. I am looking forward to Assassins Creed but will wait for a while as there as so many other games that need playing, I am still working my way through Forza 7 on the Xbox and a host of other games on the PC to play about with.

Mike S

Original Poster
ahh Destiny 2 how its meant to be played, over 60 fps with everything set to max :D altho cut scenes are locked @ 30fps, cmon Bungie lets hope that gets patched out in the near future. I am looking forward to Assassins Creed but will wait for a while as there as so many other games that need playing, I am still working my way through Forza 7 on the Xbox and a host of other games on the PC to play about with.
You better not be buying any microtransactions in those games :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom