The Frozen 'Initiative' ...

TP2000

I'm saying that those "details" that Miceage provided are made up. Pure speculation based on WDW1974's news. If you notice the details are still vague nothing concrete like we used to get with Al Lutz.

Oh, okay. I guess we can just wait 30 to 60 days to see if Disneyland announces a Frozen themed indoor ice skating rink in Stage 17 and a Frozen sing-along show in MuppetVision next door, which are the details MiceAge released. If they are going to do this for the Christmas season, they'll likely announce it by early November.

But if Miceage made the whole thing up as you say, we'll know by November.

TP2000

Do you mean to tell me that THIS is YOU?!

TheAvengers_Thor1.jpg

Well, yes, and no.

My first name is Thor. I am Swedish-American, but with emphasis on the American. I have striking blue eyes that always seem to impress waitresses and stewardesses and young lady bank tellers. But I do not carry a hammer, and I have a good barber, unlike that gentleman you have pictured.

So no, that's not a photo of me. We only share a first name. Although I think he only goes by his first name, so he's more like Cher than he is like me.

Last edited:

stevehousse

Dragons was super amazing? The second one has been critically acclaimed and is doing quite well now that it's got it's legs, or should I say wings ;D
I'll give that Dragons was good but other than that, the rest of his movies after he left Disney left little to b desired.

TP2000

You are pretty much 100% misinterpreting what I am in a huff about. I'm not in a huff that we're so often hearing about parks other than WDW, but that we seem to be only hearing about those parks and nothing great about WDW. I'm not speaking for anyone else but me. I just wish to hear news about WDW once in a while...well good news that is, not just the this and that attraction are shutting down as of this and that date with no real info on anything at all replacing them other than speculation.

Got it. But that has more to do with the fact that WDW never cultivated its own Al Lutz. The latest rumors about Frozen, Star Wars and Marvel are all based in Anaheim, and all coming from MiceAge Updates as the descendent of the rumor sources that Al Lutz has cultivated since Bill Clinton was in the White House.

I've said it before that WDW needs an Al Lutz. And it's never needed one more than it does now.

Mike S

Well, yes, and no.

My first name is Thor. I am Swedish-American, but with emphasis on the American. I have striking blue eyes that always seem to impress waitresses and stewardesses and young lady bank tellers. But I do not carry a hammer, and I have a good barber, unlike that gentleman you have pictured.

So no, that's not a photo of me. We only share a first name. Although I think he only goes by his first name, so he's more like Cher than he is like me.
You get a like for having an epic first name.

Travel Junkie

Avatar will eventually be in Disneyland's tomorrow land yes. Disney did not pay for the park license just so DAK can have more stuff to do. I remember when some people mistakenly thought Harry Potter was IOA exclusive.

Any resort only has so much money to go around for new projects. The priorities for DLR are Star Wars, Marvel, and now Frozen. There’s no money left for Avatar to go along with the fact there is no place to put Avatar in either DL or DCA that makes any sort of thematic sense.

Avatar will go in other parks, it just won’t be DLR unless they eventually decide to build a third gate (which won't be anytime soon.)

morningstar

This article is pretty hilarious in the wake of Frozen's success

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/nov/21/entertainment/la-et-1121-tangled-20101121

I think it's time for Lasseter and Catmull to be given the boot and let someone more talented like a Jeff Katzenberg take over and bring back more traditional Disney animation.

I don't see how with the success of Tangled and the huge success of Frozen you can say they're on the wrong path. Yes, the statement that princess movies are dead was wrong, but the 3d medium has proven itself right. If you had said it would before Tangled I wouldn't have believed you. Human CG characters have never before been able to come off as anything other than comical. Cel animation will always be classic, but I don't think it will come back in a big way. You can just do so much more detail with CG. Remember, even the magic carpet in Aladdin would not have been possible without computers. It would have been a solid purple rug with a couple gold squiggles and tassels.

As far as princesses vs. action heroes, I think there's room for both. The Pixar stuff was a great exploration of imaginative settings and characters. Kudos to Lasseter for breaking the kids animated genre out of its princess rut. But princesses are still relevant. That stuff about teen pop stars being the new role models - the movies aimed at that are crap, even if they might be popular. That kind of thing is not new. "Tiger Beat" was around before I was born. Teeny-bopper stuff might sell, but it doesn't become a classic, as both Frozen and the Pixar hits will be. (Do the Beatles count as an exception?)

Travel Junkie

If Google translate is accurate the Tokyo Frozen event is January to March 2015 (when they may see actual snow on the ground) and will include a new section in their nighttime projection show, Anna and Elsa parade appearance, merch, and meal options. Also it appears there will be Ice Crystals and other decor throughout the park.

dadddio

Well, yes, and no.

He's working that hammer. You should get yourself one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom