The Frozen 'Initiative' ...

michael.fumc

why don't they do it right a build a new attraction instead of just "rushing" it and doing away with an attraction that is already popular?
I don't know if the Maelstrom attraction is popular, there can be some moderately high wait times but I think that is just because of the lack of attractions in Epcot ( in my opinion). The real problem I see with this idea is that the Norway Area can't hold a popular ride like "Frozen," Can you imagine Mine Train like Lines in that area!! Isn't that why the characters moved to Magic Kingdom? (I could be wrong about that)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I don't know if the Maelstrom attraction is popular, there can be some moderately high wait times but I think that is just because of the lack of attractions in Epcot ( in my opinion). The real problem I see with this idea is that the Norway Area can't hold a popular ride like "Frozen," Can you imagine Mine Train like Lines in that area!! Isn't that why the characters moved to Magic Kingdom? (I could be wrong about that)

that's a very good point... but if Maelstrom isn't considered a popular attraction, then I wonder why it is/was in tier 1 of FP+ attractions (along with only Soarin' and Test Track)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I really thought TWDC would turn things around after Diagon Alley showed the world that above average quality can still be built in a theme park in Orlando.

On the other hand, perhaps a flood of crappy Frozen merchandise for a few years is better than money being wasted on a sub par attraction (aside from Maelstrom overlay). Is it just merch, @WDW1974, or are other attractions in the cross hairs to have Frozen vomited all over them?

SirLink

why don't they do it right a build a new attraction instead of just "rushing" it and doing away with an attraction that is already popular?

CEO who has no creative bone in his body when compared to other CEOs Let us use Ice bucket challenge as case in point:

Bob Iger said:

Vince McMahon said:

Bill Gates said:

Now I ask you which is the one is worst produced, that's right it's ............. BOB IGER. For running an entertainment company he sure isn't as creative as other CEO's current/former of other companies. That is why we get the new flavor of the month of a bland mediocre film being inserted into P&R

GrumpyFan

I don't blame Disney for trying to find ways to capitalize on the craze of Frozen but, I'm actually surprised they haven't created a premium dining experience or something similar. They could easily re-create Elsa's coronation ceremony every hour in Akershus (or anywhere really) by offering a selection of light h'orderves and drinks for 100-200 guests at a time, at a premium price of course.

I'm also surprised they're not thinking about an update for Philharmagic and adding a sequence/scene featuring Frozen. Can't you just see Donald singing "Let it go" while Elsa holds on to it and/or freezes him!

Last edited:

GrumpyFan

Agreed! Maelstrom isn't really anything special, and is overdue to be replaced with something more deserving of an attraction for the country.
I would love to know what the average Norwegian thinks of the attraction.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Amazing... months ago everyone was complaining
"why doesn't Disney have something already planned for this..."
"why doesn't Disney have more merch... why doesn't Disney have more Frozen..."

Now you have a tip that Disney has taken Frozen as something they need to roll out.. and people question the need to do so?

Now people are just being complainers.

Will have to wait to see what the actual products are to judge.. but to question or challenge the idea that Frozen SHOULD be out there... boggles the mind.

SirLink

Really? Disney's biggest animation hit in ages and we need to question why Disney is interested in putting it in their parks?

Is the sun getting to people's brains?

Hardly it is mediocrity at its finest ... queue the sounds of a thousand clicks "But it made XXXXXX sums of money at the box office" ... still a mediocre film being added to a stale park in Epcot and handicapping other parks.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Really? Disney's biggest animation hit in ages and we need to question why Disney is interested in putting it in their parks?

Is the sun getting to people's brains?
IMO, I wish they'd give it time to breathe a little. Most parents of young ones that I speak to, myself included, are sick to death of Frozen. I'm suffering from a massive Frozen Backlash.
Avatar is the current highest grossing film in history, and most folks around here hate the idea of that as well and complain that it is no longer relevant (was just having that discussion in another thread) and ask why Disney would choose that film as a massive investment for one of their parks.
Personally I wish they would wait 1-2 years for an investment in a Frozen attraction, and if it still is a beloved film, then investing in it properly.
I have no issues with what they are doing currently at DHS, with the quick hit, cheap, limited time offering.
I just dont want them to rush into something that may end up proving to not withstand the test of time.

All IMO of course.

Stevek

Once I saw the pics of Tom Staggs, Bruce V, and a bus full of execs being toured around the DHS offerings I could see this one coming.

Question is, will it still be relevant?
It's probably the most relevant film to the youngest crop of Disney kids so much like BATB, Aladdin, Mermaid is to us, it will be relevant for years. I mean, if Pan, Snow White, Alice & Pinocchio still resonate with folks, I'm sure Frozen will for quite awhile. Not that you can/should compare Frozen to any of those in terms of quality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom