"The first thing I'm gonna do when Disneyland re-opens ....."

Californian Elitist

Then don't go. No one is forcing you to go. In fact I think its been made crystal clear at this point that you don't find any value in experiencing the Parks anytime soon.

However if others want to enjoy the Parks even during this time of masks and such, then let them.

For example I've walked around in 110 degree heat this weekend with a mask on, and it was tolerable. Everyone has their own levels of whats tolerable. Your level might not be the same as mine and that is perfectly fine.

So if you don't want to wear a mask while being at Disneyland, then at this point it looks like you'll be waiting until 2021 or maybe even 2022 before going.

The tone of this response doesn’t match with what Captn said. Seems a bit extra.

smooch

First thing I'll do is -

Cry, because I'm all the way in Florida and have to plan out visits to the West Coast.

But my next planned trip is in December so (if) they're reopen by December, the first thing I'll do is walk around the whole park being that it'll probably be super empty with the capacity cap. Then I'll ride Pirates first because any time I visit Disneyland the first ride of my trip is Pirates and the last ride of my trip is Space Mountain. After that I'll just go with the flow and appreciate being in my happy place again.

That's crazy I have the same tradition too. Even when I visited WDW I kept it up, Pirates is my favorite ride and so I have to start off with it and obviously ride a few more times throughout the trip, but then I'm not sure how the Space Mountain closing tradition came about for me. Obviously it's a really fun and exciting way to end the trip but I think it's because I look for a long line for a thrill ride to get in right before closing that way when I finally have waited and get out of there the park is pretty empty and it's nice to enjoy the atmosphere.

iMax

That's crazy I have the same tradition too. Even when I visited WDW I kept it up, Pirates is my favorite ride and so I have to start off with it and obviously ride a few more times throughout the trip, but then I'm not sure how the Space Mountain closing tradition came about for me. Obviously it's a really fun and exciting way to end the trip but I think it's because I look for a long line for a thrill ride to get in right before closing that way when I finally have waited and get out of there the park is pretty empty and it's nice to enjoy the atmosphere.

For me it just happened, on my very first trip I didn't ride anything until after the 10:30 showing of Fantasmic and of course Pirates is right there so that was my first ride, on the last night of that trip I ended up riding Space Mountain last cause that was the last fastpass I had.

On my next trip a few months later it just so happened that my first ride was Pirates again so I figured, "hey why not make this a tradition"

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Another experience I'm looking forward to is 'Indiana Jones Adventure' yet again.

There was talk earlier this year of a refurb...did that finish before the closures, or is it currently at a standstill?
I haven't heard anything related to it in months.

Love that Attraction.

I'll also be looking forward to seeing the 'Enchanted Tiki Room' again with a freshly squirted out Dole Whip Float in hand.
As well as a cruise around the Rivers of America aboard the Mark Twain.

:)

-

socalifornian

First thing I'll do is -

Cry, because I'm all the way in Florida and have to plan out visits to the West Coast.

But my next planned trip is in December so (if) they're reopen by December, the first thing I'll do is walk around the whole park being that it'll probably be super empty with the capacity cap. Then I'll ride Pirates first because any time I visit Disneyland the first ride of my trip is Pirates and the last ride of my trip is Space Mountain. After that I'll just go with the flow and appreciate being in my happy place again.
Speaking of December, the candlelight processional is feeling like a no go for us peasant guests now. Maybe they can livestream it

DavidDL

When the park re-opens, the first thing my wife and I will be doing will be trying to snag a boarding group for Rise. Whether or not we succeed, or next stop will be breakfast in Batuu: Bright Suns Breakfast Platter and/or Ronto Morning Wrap!

Minnesota disney fan

I recommended the ride on the Disneyland Railroad to start the day, and recommend it to you as well !
It is a terrific way to start the day...with a grand circle tour of Disneyland Park.
Far more scenic then the WDW Railroad experience, with a lot to see along the way.
It will build your anticipation for what adventures and delights await you that day.

You will also get to see the famous Grand Canyon diorama and fabulous Primeval World diorama along the way while riding the train !
These are Walt- Era Attractions brought back to Disneyland after their run at the 1964 / 1965 New York Worlds Fair.
Must sees if you are a fan of vintage experiences and Disneyland history.

Take the grand circle tour around the Park, from the Main Street train station.
Upon returning to the Main Street station, walk down the stairs to Main Street itself and choose one of the Main Street Vehicle options to cruise up the street.
It's a nice way to begin your adventure and 'welcome you' to the Park !
Be sure to spend time exploring Main Street on foot too however.
Unlike WDW, Disneyland's Main Street is not just a giant 'shopping mall'.
Check out the Main Street Cinema, ice cream shop, crystal arts shop, portrait studio, and the historic 'Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln' presentation.

-

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell me about disneyland. I can't wait to get there!!! It sounds like it has alot more to offer than WDW in history and classic attractions. I've heard so much about it, and appreciate all your guidance:)

EPCOTCenterLover

TP2000

My first visit back after the closure will probably be like those visits I made in the 20th century before I had an AP.

I'll go quickly down Main Street (Main Street is for the evening shopping hour), and turn left into Adventureland. I would head first to Pirates, because that's the first ride I always went on. Then just start wandering around that western half; Haunted Mansion, maybe the Mark Twain, Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise, etc.

By afternoon I'm in Fantasyland and a trip on Small World is a must. Then Tomorrowland. Fried chicken dinner at the Plaza Inn. Then I'd like to visit Main Street for shopping. In the old days I'd go to the Emporium, but I have no need for souvenirs in my life now. Instead, I'd like to check in on the Disneyana shop and see what displays they have up and maybe find a little something to buy there. I would also like to see the Mr. Lincoln show again, before he's ripped down by a committee from HR.

Unlike the 20th century where you'd take a parking tram out to the Bambi section or something and then fight horrible traffic on Harbor getting away, I'll walk out through the Grand Californian and hail an Uber home. There are some things like that (an Uber from the Grand) where the 21st century is faster and easier and more gracious than the old days.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell me about disneyland. I can't wait to get there!!! It sounds like it has alot more to offer than WDW in history and classic attractions. I've heard so much about it, and appreciate all your guidance:)

My pleasure.

If you would like to talk more about it, feel free to send me a private message here.
There are definitely experiences within the Park you don't want to miss, and I'm always up for talking about Disneyland !
It is indeed something special, and a different experience from what you might be used to at WDW.

-

Figments Friend

Original Poster

I personally wouldn't recommend a first timer to 'commado tour' Disneyland.
In fact, I highly discourage it.
Leave that craziness in WDW, where it belongs....

Remember kids -
It's not about how MUCH you can do in a day, it's all about throughly enjoying what you DO do during that day.
Quality over quantity.
Uncle Walt would agree!

Disneyland should be enjoyed at a leisurely pace...not breakneck speed.

(Your milage may vary )

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom