The fate of Star Tours?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If they didn't include Star Tours into SWL when they build SWL, or leave an empty space to move it into right away... I don't see WDW moving it into SWL as something they'll ever do. Leaving it up to soak up the SW fans will be its fate for the next decade... my prediction.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Do we know where the Star Wars hotel is planned yet? I mean, is it possible that Star Tours is somehow folded into the Hotel experience, if it resides behind that area?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Do we know where the Star Wars hotel is planned yet? I mean, is it possible that Star Tours is somehow folded into the Hotel experience, if it resides behind that area?

Our insiders are mum on that issue for now. If it leaks somewhere, they'll confirm or deny it.

Goofyernmost

Another thing to consider, I mean besides the almighty Star Wars, is that there are also many, many people that have zero interest in Star Wars. Perhaps something else that might entertain those without the fever might be a wise choice. To all the rabid Star Wars fans, you are getting an entire land dedicated to Star Wars. Something previously not done by the "old once great" Disney. Perhaps something for the rest of us to do while you are all in there rattling your light sabers might be in order.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Another thing to consider, I mean besides the almighty Star Wars, is that there are also many, many people that have zero interest in Star Wars. Perhaps something else that might entertain those without the fever might be a wise choice. To all the rabid Star Wars fans, you are getting an entire land dedicated to Star Wars. Something previously not done by the "old once great" Disney. Perhaps something for the rest of us to do while you are all in there rattling your light sabers might be in order.

OK, how about this for non-Star-Wars-fans: Everything else in the three parks which isn't Star Wars? This includes three parks with no Star Wars. And for the one park with Star Wars, this includes 6 rides that aren't Star Wars to the 3 that are. Three new single-IP lands are being added or just built. One of the three is Star Wars.

Your complaint has zero merit as witnessed by the need to label Star Wars "almighty", and it's fans rabid and fevered. You know that that doesn't make your point valid, right? It just makes it seem like emotional ranting.

Are you OK?

Movielover

But don't you think a third star wars ride might help offset some of the crowds in SWGE?

Face it, nothing is going to offset crowds with Star Wars Land. It is going to be packed, period. No amount of other park attractions or additional rides in the land would do anything to thin crowds out. It will be swamped the first year of opening and nothing will change that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
But don't you think a third star wars ride might help offset some of the crowds in SWGE?
Face it, nothing is going to offset crowds with Star Wars Land. It is going to be packed, period. No amount of other park attractions or additional rides in the land would do anything to thin crowds out. It will be swamped the first year of opening and nothing will change that.
A decent old school 3500 an hour people eater in addition would have been useful.

As it is Falcon has double the capacity originally proposed.

Movielover

A decent old school 3500 an hour people eater in addition would have been useful.

Color me corrected, didn't even think of that...

Let me correct myself, no modern day Disney Idea would offset crowds...

Phicinfan

No more than now? Especially as one of the new rides is also a simulator that by all reports will be much more interactive. So why would I want to ride Star Tours? Especially outside SW:GE?

I will add, my understanding is Star tours would remain at least a year or so, but eventually turned to a new IP. If that new IP is a draw, then I think something new, would be more a crowd pull than Star tours will be once SW:GE starts.

Phicinfan

OK, how about this for non-Star-Wars-fans: Everything else in the three parks which isn't Star Wars? This includes three parks with no Star Wars. And for the one park with Star Wars, this includes 6 rides that aren't Star Wars to the 3 that are. Three new single-IP lands are being added or just built. One of the three is Star Wars.

Your complaint has zero merit as witnessed by the need to label Star Wars "almighty", and it's fans rabid and fevered. You know that that doesn't make your point valid, right? It just makes it seem like emotional ranting.

Are you OK?
Except some of us have families that DO want to do star wars and are gaga over them. So would it hurt to have additional IP for those of us NOT Star wars fans? Seriously?

I will add, I fully intend to at some point walk through the SW:GE area, but am not enough of a fan to wait long lines to ride any of it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No more than now? Especially as one of the new rides is also a simulator that by all reports will be much more interactive. So why would I want to ride Star Tours? Especially outside SW:GE?

I will add, my understanding is Star tours would remain at least a year or so, but eventually turned to a new IP. If that new IP is a draw, then I think something new, would be more a crowd pull than Star tours will be once SW:GE starts.
Tours and Falcon will be sufficiently different to co-exist.

Jones14

Was that through the bump-up of seats to 6, mirror-imaging the turntables, or both?

And was this a result of the third ride being cut?

Goofyernmost

Are you OK?
Lets overreact while we are at it, eh! My point was not that there aren't other things in other parks that are there to be done, but, if you want to have some stability in the attendance in DHS, try to include some other interests besides your own. I'm glad that everyone is getting Star Wars, which doesn't mean that the fans aren't rabid and fevered. Those are just words if you want to take them at their worst possible definition, far be it from me to stop you. I'm merely saying that for the time being there will be more then enough Star Wars in DHS and if at a later date Disney feels that it would be beneficial to add more, they have room within that land. How many times have we been told that two is to is not enough in there. So, let's stop the word picking and understand the fact that the world is not all Star Wars and has no need to spread out. That small area where Star Tours presently lives can be better served with something that goes together with whatever is close to it. There is no need for another isolated SW's attraction.

No Name

Kitchen Calamity can do 2,200ish. There's absolutely no reason Battle Escape shouldn't be able to match or exceed that number. Careless design decision if it cannot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom