Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Executive Summary

We don't know what's happening. There's no need to get angry when we don't know what's happening. There's no need to armchair imagineer this purported project or some other pet (peeve) project since we don't know what's happening. Shouting questions into the void hoping someone who knows will answer doesn't get us anywhere since if our insiders know something and could say, they would have said it.
What else is there to do here? 🤣

mightynine

Executive Summary

We don't know what's happening. There's no need to get angry when we don't know what's happening. There's no need to armchair imagineer this purported project or some other pet (peeve) project since we don't know what's happening. Shouting questions into the void hoping someone who knows will answer doesn't get us anywhere since if our insiders know something and could say, they would have said it.

Hey, if an actual admin wants to shut this conversation down, they can feel free. This is a discussion board, no?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It also literally says "located at Epcot entrance area" and "near the Epcot main entrance"

Yes, you could read those broadly, but if this is real, it seems to be by the entrance.
We got it narrowed down then!

1616541421835.png

UNCgolf

With current management's priorities, it seems impossible that they will build something even remotely comparable to the Boardwalk Inn or the Beach/Yacht Club, which makes this pointless. Why stay at a lesser hotel at one entrance when I could stay at other, better hotels that are still within walking distance?

Maybe they'll surprise everyone, but I'd expect this to end up looking more like the Swan Reserve (or the Riviera) than anything unique, and I doubt it will have any kind of interesting theme.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Wouldn’t it need to be located along the perimeter of the park so that guests would not have to enter the park in order to get to the hotel? Did we already talk about that in this thread?
It makes logistics a lot easier but it is not necessary. Just think of what mandatory admission would do to attendance!

Obviously a much smaller scale but there is a park where the hotel is inside the gates. I believe it is in the UK, I just don’t remember which park.

J4546

If they were to build a hotel in epcot, Id imagine itd be here. Seems like the easiest and smartest place. Its right by the monorail station for easy travel, can have private entrance/exit to land, and would be pretty easy to build an entrance to the area. If done well, it could be a pretty cool thing.

epcot.jpg

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Executive Summary

If they were real insiders they’d be baselessly speculating. I learned that last spring.

UNCgolf

It makes logistics a lot easier but it is not necessary. Just think of what mandatory admission would do to attendance!

Obviously a much smaller scale but there is a park where the hotel is inside the gates. I believe it is in the UK, I just don’t remember which park.

I would have loved staying at a hotel inside the gates of 1992 Future World. I would have no interest staying inside the gates of World Discovery or whatever it's going to be called.

havoc315

With current management's priorities, it seems impossible that they will build something even remotely comparable to the Boardwalk Inn or the Beach/Yacht Club, which makes this pointless. Why stay at a lesser hotel at one entrance when I could stay at other, better hotels that are still within walking distance?

Maybe they'll surprise everyone, but I'd expect this to end up looking more like the Swan Reserve (or the Riviera) than anything unique, and I doubt it will have any kind of interesting theme.

See.... I find the Swan Reserve and Riviera both to be 10 times nicer than Beach Club or Boardwalk. To me, the Boardwalk hotel itself is nothing but a huge collection of bland rooms and long hallways and formerly creepy pool. the selling point is solely the actual Boardwalk. Beach Club has great location and great pool, but otherwise it’s just a pastel Holiday Inn with mediocre rooms.
So stick a Riviera or Swan Reserve hotel in the middle of Epcot... I’ll hand over my wallet.

Bocabear

Riviera? The definition of bland is being held up as a great achievement?
I will agree that the Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach Club hotels are not thematic marvels, but there is nothing as pedestrian as the Riviera... Aside from Skyliner access, there is no plus whatsoever to staying there... Location is terrible if it were not for the skyliner... At least the other hotels are directly at the entrance to EPCOT...and have a few nice restaurants and amenities...

Kamikaze

I'm not doubting the time line but more or less the budget of things. Just seems like a poor choice of use of funds right now. And as you pointed out construction moves at a snail's pace so with FW being a mess right now we may not even get anything close to a completed FW until 2026. Another hotel is not needed now until FW is somewhat fixed. If money is "tight", a hotel shouldn't be a priority unless they are showing they really don't care about the park. It's going to take years to recover financially. Money would be better spent elsewhere.
Hotel budgets and park budgets don't really comingle. They have separate funds earmarked for each group. Especially if the hotel includes DVC.

Don't worry about where Disney is going to get money for anything. Yes, they cut a lot and things got a little rough a year ago, but they were never in danger of going out of business or anything of that sort.

GimpYancIent

I will agree that the Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach Club hotels are not thematic marvels, but there is nothing as pedestrian as the Riviera... Aside from Skyliner access, there is no plus whatsoever to staying there... Location is terrible if it were not for the skyliner... At least the other hotels are directly at the entrance to EPCOT...and have a few nice restaurants and amenities...
Yes. Across the board the mentioned hotels do fit the pricey Bland description.

havoc315

Again, the hypothetical was RIviera INSIDE Epcot. In this case, it would have the best location.
So remove location....
Riviera has much bigger and nicer rooms than Beach Club and Boardwalk. Much nicer bathrooms. Better dining, especially better than Beach Club (Cape May Buffet or Topolino's? I'd take Topolinos! Primo Piatto or Beach Club Marketplace or Boardwalk Pizza window? Give me Primo Piatto.). Riviera has a nicer pool area than Boardwalk, and I'd say it's better than Beach Club for adults and young children, with Stormalong Bay best for tweens and teens. (The great thing about Riviera pools, 2 huge pools to serve only 300 rooms, while Stormalong Bay has to serve over 1,000 rooms). Nicer decor and art at Riviera compared to Beach Club, Yacht Club and Boardwalk. I will give Beach Club a nicer lobby than Riviera.

Basically, stick a Riviera resort in the middle of Epcot... give it a rooftop pool... It would be the best hotel at WDW immediately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom