Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

clemmo

Nope. The new building for the GotG coaster is going right behind WoL. On the map below, the yellow solid is buildable land, and that's without taking away from some of the entrance or parking lot, which WDW could do.

View attachment 253140
If the hotel went behind the seas wouldn’t it have to take up some of the parking or the taxi/pick up area? Imo why not just build it center along with a completely new front entrance. Hopefully it’s at least a good theme

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’ve heard lower size mentioned but don’t have much information. Anything here needs to be lower height than Seas or Energy let alone SSE.

Again assuming they really have to build a hotel here. For once let profit sit below show.
Low would be best for sight lines inside the park. I really hope it’s not obviously visible from inside the park but I also assume Disney would want to capitalize on the location by having a view of WS and illuminations. Will the new Guardians of Energy building be taller than the current Energy building? I assume yes if a coaster goes inside of it. Maybe if they build on that side the Guardians building mostly hides the hotel from inside the park or maybe that’s just wishful thinking:)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If the hotel went behind the seas wouldn’t it have to take up some of the parking or the taxi/pick up area? Imo why not just build it center along with a completely new front entrance. Hopefully it’s at least a good theme

Yes. Making the bus area move was one of several possibilities for the up to four resort ideas. More details than that are unknown, unless you're an insider.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
@danlb_2000 Can you confirm the recently filed permits are for the new hotel and not something else?

Thanks 😀

They are clearly for something else. These permits are all around the World Showcase Lagoon and they have been filing batches of permits like this for a few weeks now. If I had to guess I would say they are for the locations of Food and Wine and other kiosks.

Buena Vista Construction wouldn't be the contractor on a hotel project, and we would have seen an additional South Florida Water Management permit before we would see these notices of commencement.

... but a certain site will never let facts get in the way of a good headline. ;)

Stripes

They are clearly for something else. These permits are all around the World Showcase Lagoon and they have been filing batches of permits like this for a few weeks now. If I had to guess I would say they are for the locations of Food and Wine and other kiosks.

Buena Vista Construction wouldn't be the contractor on a hotel project, and we would have seen an additional South Florida Water Management permit before we would see these notices of commencement.

... but a certain site will never let facts get in the way of a good headline. ;)
Haha, indeed. Can never trust those guys. Thanks!

Kevin_W

Thanks for the insight you offer onto topics like this.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Maybe someone should advise them that filing permits does not necessarily mean a BIGHUGENEW© project is about to commence. On second thought, scratch that. It's more fun this way. :cool:

BTW - Loved your response to the poster who said, "They don't file permits to set up for Food and Wine...". :hilarious:

trainplane3

Wait, you mean this isn't for the volcano hotel either? :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom