The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

rodserling27

Burning down "under new management" was the work of the Gods. They will now be pleased.

HAHAH!
I'd like to think that my being in WDW the day it burned up had to do with it. You can all thank me later.

(Kidding of course).

I can't wait to see the "new" show, err "old" show. I really can't. It's been years since I saw the original when I was just a little kid, and my parents didn't take me in there a lot, so I look forward to seeing it in September.

As someone who was there during the last month of the original show's performances way back in 1997 - and who videotaped it to boot - I can attest it was identical to DL's original version down to the letter. Since then DL has shortened theirs not only by completely cutting the "Bacarole" number but also a bit of the "Let's All Sing Like The Birdies Sing" one (mainly editing out some of the dialogue between Jose, etc. introducing it and a bit of the actual beginning of the song itself) and I've got a strong feeling it's that version we'll now be getting verbatim as well.

PolynesianPrincess

We were quite bummed it wasn't re-opened when we were there 2 weeks ago because we wanted it see it (old version, new version.. didn't matter to us since we've never seen the new one) but we've planned a long weekend in November so we will get to see it then! This is great news as I do not remember it from my younger years even though I know my Mom took me to see it. I'm excited to see it and actually remember it this time :sohappy:

I really do hope they keep the Tiki Goddess, she was my favorite part of UNM. I also really didnt mind Zazu as he wanted to keep the show just the way it was. It was just Iago who got on my (and probably everyone elses) nerves. Granted when you sound like Gilbert Godfred you are going to annoy someone :drevil:

Buried20KLeague

Unless you are crazy about SGE, there is almost no way you could think Stitch Tiki Room is awesome. It's borderline intolerable. (yes, I've seen it in person.)

I COMPLETELY disagree... And can't figure out how you'd even draw a corrolation between SGE and Tokyo's tiki room. :confused:

The only thing the two have in common is the AA.

Since1976

WOW! The original show was one of those things I was surprised to miss once it was gone (kind of like the original Journey into Imagination). I remember watching it at least three times in its original form pre-UNM, once at Disneyland, and twice at WDW. I had a smile on my face the entire time when I saw the original (albeit truncated) show at Disneyland a few years ago.

It doesn't happen often, but sometimes the old becomes new again. Now, if only the Tiki Gods would work their powers on Journey Into Imagination with Figment too :cool:

HornsofaSteer

There was indeed a fountain in the center. I can remember reading here (and elsewhere) a while back that the tiki goddess was rumored to also be destroyed. She was supposed to be ruined not by fire but by the sprinklers. There was also a post claiming that the plumbing for the fountain was still intact underneath leading to speculation that the fountain may return.

That is really unfotunate for her. :( but I guess that is good that the plumbing might still be under there. Still crossing my fingers.

Btw, what are any opinions on the tree of birds that drops down from the center with the singing girl birds? I am having a complete moment and I can't remeber if they still used that in the UNM but I have a feeling perhaps that was damaged as well and may not be part of the restoration?

Enchantâmes

Ok people....
They are not going to do a restoration without the Bird-mobile... nor will they do it without the enchanted fountain. Its a restoration not a Six flags duct tape operation. :rolleyes:

HornsofaSteer

Ok people....
They are not going to do a restoration without the Bird-mobile... nor will they do it without the enchanted fountain. Its a restoration not a Six flags duct tape operation. :rolleyes:

Hahaha ok! Awesome! I just hope they dont cheap out like with UNM. I can rest easy now. Thanks!

Since1976

I'm surprised that restoring the original Tropical Serenade is so relatively easy. Were the Imagineers forward thinking in developing Under New Management, such that they had a rollback plan to the old show in place?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom