The Edison--details announced

Rteetz

IMG_4699.JPG
IMG_4698.JPG

IMG_4696.JPG

DSteph

So the last word I saw from WDW said "Spring 2017" for opening. Am I right on that? And has there been an updated timeline given?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Jan 14. Not to take away from photos posted by @flyerjab or @Rteetz, but here are some updates.

Stone inscriptions: "1901" and "Power & Light." Note the electrical wires protruding from around the "base" of the smokestack, indicating there will probably be "uplighting" for the smokestack.

IMG_9036.JPG

As viewed from the Characters in Flight platform, this is a massive building, with great lake views.

IMG_9042.JPG

The scaffolding has been removed from the back of the building. Note the large vertical opening, which will probably be a window. This is the location of an interior staircase.

IMG_9046.JPG

A low concrete wall has been poured along the ramp under the Pleasure Island bridge (forms still in place).

IMG_9044.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Photo update as of Saturday, Jan 14. Not to take away from photos posted by @flyerjab or @Rteetz, but here are some updates.

Stone inscriptions: "1901" and "Power & Light." Note the electrical wires protruding from around the "base" of the smokestack, indicating there will probably be "uplighting" for the smokestack.

View attachment 184488

As viewed from the Characters in Flight platform, this is a massive building, with great lake views.

View attachment 184489

The scaffolding has been removed from the back of the building. Note the large vertical opening, which will probably be a window. This is the location of an interior staircase.

View attachment 184490

A low concrete wall has been poured along the ramp under the Pleasure Island bridge (forms still in place).

View attachment 184491

More pictures are always appreciated, no reason to apologize to other for posting pictures.

roj2323

View attachment 184488

View attachment 184489

View attachment 184490

View attachment 184491

Looks like the round steel frame is probably an entry point for one of the venues. It's an interesting solution.

Jon81uk

hpyhnt 1000

Starting to come together, and looks really sharp. Curious to see the interior and final details as it potentially has all the ingredients for being a great hang out spot.

roj2323

Has there been any new information on an opening date? I'm starting to develop a manic, foaming-about-the-mouth condition. It's not a very attractive look for me. :eek:
you should probably have that looked at.

No opening dates have been announced or even rumored at this time. I suspect it will be somewhere around late June if Disney sticks to it's habits of opening new stuff just prior to the Independence day rush.

flyerjab

Does anyone know that the supposed time table is for this opening? Seeing as how a new nighttime show is coming to MK in May, and Pandora with RoL now open is debuting in May, I was curious to know if this was opening around that time or not. Just seeing if they were stacking openings up for new experiences like they did last year.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Does anyone know that the supposed time table is for this opening? Seeing as how a new nighttime show is coming to MK in May, and Pandora with RoL now open is debuting in May, I was curious to know if this was opening around that time or not. Just seeing if they were stacking openings up for new experiences like they did last year.
Late 2017 has appeared in recent times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom