The Edison--details announced

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, October 21. Here is a view of the construction under the bridge leading to the lower level of The Edison. This is behind the construction wall at the waterfall staircase next to STK. The sidewalk leads from the existing lower level of the waterfall. Note the rebar extensions on both sides of the sidewalk. I wouldn't be surprised if they added a cover over the sidewalk to prevent being hit by objects dropped by people on the bridge above. On the opposite side of the bridge, the concrete pavement can be seen leading to the lower level of The Edison.

IMG_8520.JPG

The below photo is from the same location, but shifted to the right, to show the round steel structure at this level. The decorative railing in the right foreground is the existing railing for the staircase at the waterfall, leading to the upper level. This railing is behind the construction wall, held in place by the concrete blocks on the right. Plenty of electrical and plumbing infrastructure in the ground here, so there will probably be some sort of operation to be located here.

IMG_8521.JPG

bgoofy

Photo update as of Friday, October 21. Here is a view of the construction under the bridge leading to the lower level of The Edison. This is behind the construction wall at the waterfall staircase next to STK. The sidewalk leads from the existing lower level of the waterfall. Note the rebar extensions on both sides of the sidewalk. I wouldn't be surprised if they added a cover over the sidewalk to prevent being hit by objects dropped by people on the bridge above. On the opposite side of the bridge, the concrete pavement can be seen leading to the lower level of The Edison.

View attachment 170812

The below photo is from the same location, but shifted to the right, to show the round steel structure at this level. The decorative railing in the right foreground is the existing railing for the staircase at the waterfall, leading to the upper level. This railing is behind the construction wall, held in place by the concrete blocks on the right. Plenty of electrical and plumbing infrastructure in the ground here, so there will probably be some sort of operation to be located here.

View attachment 170813
Could it be that the round structure is the entrance to the neverland tunnels????

jt04

View attachment 170812

View attachment 170813

Fascinating.

pajammies

When is this suppose to open? The original article says 2016, I can't imagine that's correct anymore. I thought I read somewhere and now I can't find it :confused:

Kman101

Yeah, why would they put two steakhouses across from each other? Wolfgang already has a restaurant so why not makeover that one into something more modern and less like something out of the 90s? (Although I believe it sort of has been updated). I'd imagine the area by House of Blues, where Bongos and Wolfgang and DQ are is the next prime area for redevelopment to better fit in with Disney Springs.

Jon81uk

Seems more likely they'd redo the existing Wolfgang Pucks before they opened something new. And I find it hard to believe they'd allow a second top shelf steakhouse right across from the other.

and the exisiting Wolfgang Puck on west side has ugly 90s decor, the marketplace express has been updated more recently. So yes I agree, the westside Pucks needs fixing. My guess would be the CUT concept replaces the upstairs Dining Room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom