The Edison--details announced

JUFL2019

There is plenty of space for the other ideas elsewhere. The Edison should use the entire footprint IMO.
I'll regret entertaining this. but give an example as to why The Edison(which already commanded a very larger portion of this area) would be better taking over the entire 20,000+ sq foot area? And how not having a variety of options is a good thing? Please site your sources.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'll regret entertaining this. but give an example as to why The Edison(which already commanded a very larger portion of this area) would be better taking over the entire 20,000+ sq foot area? And how not having a variety of options is a good thing? Please site your sources.

And I think these last few spots are a chance to do some really unique experiences. I really like what Universal did with Toothsome Chocolate, I would like to see more of that kind of thing at Disney Springs.

JUFL2019

And I think these last few spots are a chance to do some really unique experiences. I really like what Universal did with Toothsome Chocolate, I would like to see more of that kind of thing at Disney Springs.

Also has there been any credible information regarding the other projects being cancelled? or are people just assuming based on lack of information?

Magenta Panther

Toothsome looks amazing! And yeah, I want Walt's and the Neverland Tunnels too! I sure hope they happen. Why on earth would they be cut?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Toothsome looks amazing! And yeah, I want Walt's and the Neverland Tunnels too! I sure hope they happen. Why on earth would they be cut?

I believe these were all going to be run by a third party, so it sounds like it's more of a case that the third party changed their plans as opposed to Disney cutting them.

jt04

I want Walt's Place in a bigger venue. The Edison will likely be a converted power plant with big machines and as much streampunk as Imagineering can envision. So space is vital to achieve the magic. My source is my opinion. See, that wasn't so bad.

JUFL2019

I want Walt's Place in a bigger venue. The Edison will likely be a converted power plant with big machines and as much streampunk as Imagineering can envision. So space is vital to achieve the magic. My source is my opinion. See, that wasn't so bad.
You're talking 50,000+(Probably close to 60k with the tunnels) Sq Ft total, nothing needs that much space. There is plenty of space there for all three locations to put in as much as they need to. Their LA location is only 11,000 Sq Ft

Edited to insert LA size.

JCtheparrothead

Last I heard Tunnels are (generally) still on, and if anything is getting scrapped, it is Walt's.
My WDI source said that this is still happening but management is trying to keep it very tight lipped. They have been spot on with a couple other things that have happened but i am still not sure that they know 100% because this is not their park of concentration.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here are some pictures from last week. Work is clearly happening on The Edison section, but I saw no activity on the Walt's section.
20160912_114713.jpg
DSC01829.JPG
DSC01830.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, October 17. The construction walls have been removed between The Edison and Paradiso 37. Paradiso 37's outdoor patio is more inviting and larger now, and the exterior walls of the Edison are exposed showing brickwork, painted stucco, and at the end, corrugated sheet metal. Some touch up work yet to be completed, the roof for the painted center section for example. A fire escape stairwell leads to the lower level at the lake.

IMG_8510.JPG

IMG_8511.JPG

As of Friday, October 21. I added this "upper view" of the Paradiso 37 side of The Edison to show the structure of the building. The dark triangle in the upper left of the photo is the roof overhang of Paradiso 37.

IMG_8522.JPG

Last edited:

Gatorboy

Photo update as of Monday, October 17. The construction walls have been removed between The Edison and Paradiso 37. Paradiso 37's outdoor patio is more inviting and larger now, and the exterior walls of the Edison are exposed showing brickwork, painted stucco, and at the end, corrugated sheet metal. Some touch up work yet to be completed, the roof for the painted center section for example. A fire escape stairwell leads to the lower level at the lake.

View attachment 170232

View attachment 170233

I wonder if the stairway is not only a fire escape, but will be a way to walk around Edison/Walt's on the water and connect over by STK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom