The Downtown Disney Thread

J4546

New downtown Disney is a really big project, when it's all done the resort will be much better. These are good changes imo

Stevek

Stopped by the stage on our way out on Friday. Huge improvement over standing in the middle of a thoroughfare where everyone is trying to get around you. Walking on the astroturf was a little weird but overall I really like the new area. Good sound and lots of seats!
Yeah, we walked through it Sunday. Very well done.

AJFireman

Is this old news? I haven't been following Downtown Disney developments.

I like this idea a lot.

It was announced back in early Oct

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Disney Analyst

Do we know who's going into that space? Is that Din Tai Fung or Portos?

Din Tai Fung is already being built in the new area near the new stage / across from the new food marketplace.

Portos is going where Le Brea was, the temporary Earl of Sandwich closes soon and moves to a food truck so they can start demo on the old Le Brea building.

Nothing has been announced yet for what will replace Tortilla Jo's, but many assume it is still going to be Patina group, so when they open Paseo, they will likely redo and put in a new concept at the old Tortilla Jo's.

PiratesMansion

As a disclaimer, I don't personally need what I'm about to suggest, but I am spitballing a bit here because of the continuous pinball situation of Earl of Sandwich:

If EOS makes so much money that it has no problem moving repeatedly, perhaps Disneyland should take that as a hint that a significant number of people would eat up (literally) a deli or a Panera-type experience somewhere in their parks.

Surely if they can fly in bread from New Orleans, they can make conventional-ish sandwiches people can buy somewhere on property. Clearly there's a market for such things, given the fact that it's proved harder to kill Earl of Sandwich than Steakhouse 55 and a fair number of other restaurants. You'd think they'd want a higher profit margin coming from their own brand of it, no?

TP2000

Probably a good indication for when they want to get Paseo open, although it has a lot of work to go.

How do you say "Good riddance!" in Spanish?

That place was sort of clever in 2001 when it opened as a quasi dinner show with entertainment and dancing. But for the past 20 years or so I've found it to be some of the worst Mexican food in SoCal, at least at that price point.

Their fast food Poor Man's Chipotle out front was even worse. And yet, every 2 or 3 years I'd try it again out of stupidity and say to myself "Yup, this is still kind of gross." :banghead:

It didn't help that the counter service area was stuck in the late 1990's, and sort of dirty and dingy looking by the 2010's, with sticky metal tables out front to "dine" on.

photo0jpg.jpg

Last edited:

AJFireman

If EOS makes so much money that it has no problem moving repeatedly, perhaps Disneyland should take that as a hint that a significant number of people would eat up (literally) a deli or a Panera-type experience somewhere in their parks.
I am curious as why they moved to between old ESPN and Star Wars Trading Post. I would of thought that would be the next area to demolish and build into the old DTD parking area. Unless they get a spot in the new area. There is one building that I have not seen been designated as anything yet.

But It doesnt appear they will be doing anything to old ESPN and Star Wars Trading Post in the near future. The reason I believe that now is that I was there last week and all the walkways in the area have been or are in the process of being redone to match the new area. Guess they are waiting for DisneylandForward.

Disney Analyst

I am curious as why they moved to between old ESPN and Star Wars Trading Post. I would of thought that would be the next area to demolish and build into the old DTD parking area. Unless they get a spot in the new area. There is one building that I have not seen been designated as anything yet.

But It doesnt appear they will be doing anything to old ESPN and Star Wars Trading Post in the near future. The reason I believe that now is that I was there last week and all the walkways in the area have been or are in the process of being redone to match the new area. Guess they are waiting for DisneylandForward.

I believe EOS is getting its own new building in the new area as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom