The Downtown Disney Thread

DLR92

Disney has announced a new spot called The Alley!, which will be located next to Splitsville Luxury Lanes, is coming soon to Downtown Disney.

Coming soon: The Alley!
The Alley

The courtyard next to Splitsville Luxury Lanes is being transformed into an exciting space — The Alley — with interactive games, live music, lounge areas and seats for dining. This summer, you can relax, play games and create memories in this fun new spot, and enjoy all the delicious food and beverage offerings from Splitsville.

I’m not so crazy about this new business coming. 😶

etc98

Regarding the religious folks in DTD, Pruneyard Shopping Center v. Robins, 447 U.S. 74 (1980) basically held that under the California Constitution, individuals may peacefully exercise their right to free speech in parts of private shopping centers regularly held open to the public, so long as they aren't disruptive.

This was narrowed by Ralphs Grocery Co. v. United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 8, 55 Cal. 4th 1083 (2012), to those with areas analogous to public gathering areas such as plazas, atriums, or food courts.

My take is Disney doesn't interfere with these folks as long as they do not try to encourage people over to their displays. I've been past these tables dozens of times and not once have I ever been called to or solicited. They seem to just sit there and only engage with people who voluntarily approach them.
This makes sense, and I honestly like it, especially seeing as how more and more public space is being privatized.

And yeah as someone who was raised as a Jehovah’s Witness, they’re trained not to approach people when doing cart or table preaching. They’ll only talk to you if you initiate it

Stitchon

Stumbled across some interesting contracting documents filed recently for an Earl of Sandwich. Here's the project description:

1698980539414.png

I'm very curious about where it could go if it's a new building entirely.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disneyland has announced an Earl of Sandwich temporary pop-up shop will be opening in the west end of Downtown Disney District this winter, featuring a curated menu of guest favorite sandwiches. More details to come soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom