The Downtown Disney Thread

Stitchon

The new Earl of Sandwich will be a two-level, 10,000 square-foot building. They're going to have more than enough space once the new location is up.

Tortilla Jo's building certainly has a lot of potential, and the latest new additions give me hope they could so something good with the space. I'd say they should just stop what they're doing now and put Din Tai Fung in there, it'll do the volume.

AJFireman

The new Earl of Sandwich will be a two-level, 10,000 square-foot building. They're going to have more than enough space once the new location is up.

Tortilla Jo's building certainly has a lot of potential, and the latest new additions give me hope they could so something good with the space. I'd say they should just stop what they're doing now and put Din Tai Fung in there, it'll do the volume.
Just a thought and possible new rumor . Tortilla Jo's could be the new Earl of Sandwich Location. 2 level building with a quick service already built. The exterior only needs a signage change. So they would only need to redo the interior. I know that would kick out a money maker for Patina Group but maybe they made a deal elsewhere with Disney.

Stitchon

Just a thought and possible new rumor . Tortilla Jo's could be the new Earl of Sandwich Location. 2 level building with a quick service already built. The exterior only needs a signage change. So they would only need to redo the interior. I know that would kick out a money maker for Patina Group but maybe they made a deal elsewhere with Disney.

Earl's will be a ground-up new building. I assume Tortilla Jo's will be demolished for a multi-tenant option.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Earl is going in the new area under construction. It's not going into existing space.

I think they should take Tortilla Jo and the bowling alley and flatten both of them and start over. Just leave Black Tap alone. It's the only good place to eat in DTD other than Earl.

Okay, the Italian place is good, too, but I can't afford to eat there. lol

PiratesMansion

Disney Tourist Blog is mincing no words when it comes to Tortilla Jo's and its closure:

Tortilla Jo’s was arguably among the top 250 Mexican restaurants in Orange County, so it will probably be missed by someone. But not us. We say good riddance. This is a huge restaurant, and whatever replaces it will almost assuredly be better. I know these are harsh words, and it’s probable that some Disney fans are sad about this news…but only because that’s literally the case with all Disney news. There’s always someone out there with nostalgia or fond memories for something, probably even Tortilla Jo’s. I have a hard time imagining that any Californians who have dined in at least 6 Mexican restaurants (and that includes chains) would rank this in the top 5.

Which, honestly, strikes me as pretty accurate.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has release more renderings and news on changes coming to the Downtown Disney District - see all the details in the link below.

Parkside-Market-Downtown-Disney-District.jpg

Parkside-Market-Second-Story-Bar-Downtown-Disney-District.jpg
dtduwnr457597486486864a.jpg
Tiendita-Downtown-Disney-District.jpg

Last edited:

Consumer

Disney has release more renderings and news on changes coming to the Downtown Disney District - see all the details in the link below.

View attachment 764480
View attachment 764481View attachment 764473View attachment 764482

It's so Millennial.

TP2000

Disney Tourist Blog is mincing no words when it comes to Tortilla Jo's and its closure:

Tortilla Jo’s was arguably among the top 250 Mexican restaurants in Orange County, so it will probably be missed by someone. But not us. We say good riddance. This is a huge restaurant, and whatever replaces it will almost assuredly be better. I know these are harsh words, and it’s probable that some Disney fans are sad about this news…but only because that’s literally the case with all Disney news. There’s always someone out there with nostalgia or fond memories for something, probably even Tortilla Jo’s. I have a hard time imagining that any Californians who have dined in at least 6 Mexican restaurants (and that includes chains) would rank this in the top 5.

Which, honestly, strikes me as pretty accurate.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one. Tortilla Jo's was really awful. Especially their dingy counter-service place out front.

I'm sad to think that for decades unsuspecting tourists would go in there thinking it was going to be good.

TP2000

We've done this joke before, but it never gets old...

These latest Downtown Disney renderings and the fake names look like exactly like SoDaSoPa!

There is Parkside Market at Downtown Disney District...

parkside-market-downtown-disney-district-jpg.764480

Or is it really just SoDoSoPa at Historic Core District...

maxresdefault.0.0.jpg

Last edited:

J4546

man when that new downtown expansion is done there will be so many new places to eat. I dont know how they will all be full with so many options

PiratesMansion

Coke > Pepsi
Sprite > 7-Up >>> Sierra Mist (I've never tried Canada Dry)
Many things > Root Beer > Dr. Pepper (granted, the last time I tried Dr. Pepper was probably two decades ago)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom