The Downtown Disney Thread

PiratesMansion

Sprite is terrible.
It was so ubiquitous in my childhood as the default alternative to Coke that I'm not sure it's possible for me to have an objective opinion of Sprite. It's just my go-to for that sort of drink.

Which isn't to say that I love it, really, or any lemon lime flavored pop. It's basically something I only consume when I absolutely need a soda but can't get a Coke or a Pepsi, or a version of those drinks that doesn't include caffeine.

TP2000

You know who makes the best Ginger Ale and Tonic Water?.. Seagram's.

It's hard to find it in supermarkets, but it's carried in better liquor stores and served on good airlines.

It's far superior to the cheaper and less flavorful Canada Dry or Schweppe's options, but not as silly-expensive as the glass bottles from Q or Fever Tree.

Does anyone want to join my Seagram's Cool Kids Club with me? I'll make us some buttons.

PiratesMansion

And then you have me who avoids all "pop" as we call it up here, and finds it all a bit nasty. Apart from the occasional cheeky rootbeer or something.

The only soda type beverage I drink is of the bubbly water variety. San Pellegrino, Perrier, etc. etc.
I'm doing my best to cut pop, because it's something that's pretty easy to cut from your diet that has basically no health benefits.

But there are some foods I CANNOT fully enjoy without a Coke. For me, pizza & pop are a package deal.

Disney Analyst

I'm doing my best to cut pop, because it's something that's pretty easy to cut from your diet that has basically no health benefits.

But there are some foods I CANNOT fully enjoy without a Coke. For me, pizza & pop are a package deal.

We are on the SodaStream / Bubly (is Bubly in the US?) train over here, if we are at home and want something like that.

When we were at Disneyland Paris, we just got sparkling water with our meals … or a cheeky beer 😅

mickEblu

And then you have me who avoids all "pop" as we call it up here, and finds it all a bit nasty. Apart from the occasional cheeky rootbeer or something.

The only soda type beverage I drink is of the bubbly water variety. San Pellegrino, Perrier, etc. etc.

We try not keep soda at the house.

All of my Italian family live off sparkling water. To the point where it’s hard to find flat water at parties. It just doesn’t work for me as a thirst quencher or with food. My wife and I have this joke where we say “water is gold” at so many family members houses or parties we go to. Only sparkling water, alcohol and diet soda can be found. It’s rough out here for a real sugar soda/ still water guy.

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

We try not keep soda at the house.

All of my Italian family live off sparkling water. To the point where it’s hard to find flat water at parties. It just doesn’t work for me as a thirst quencher or with food. My wife and I have this joke where we say “water is gold” at so many family members houses or parties we go to. Only sparkling water, alcohol and diet soda can be found. It’s rough out here for a full sugar soda/ still water guy.
I don't understand the appeal of sparkling water. Adding carbonation does not make water exciting, it makes it confusing.

D.Silentu

The Coke Vs. Pepsi rivalry has always amused me because I'm the oddball that enjoys both. They have different flavors, but there's nothing really wrong with either of them. It's just a matter of what I'm craving at the time.
Sprite > 7-Up >>> Sierra Mist (I've never tried Canada Dry)
The good news is that the public has likewise rejected Sierra Mist and Pepsico has replaced it with a beverage called Starry. For my palate it's a better lemon-lime soda than its predecessor.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The Coke Vs. Pepsi rivalry has always amused me because I'm the oddball that enjoys both. They have different flavors, but there's nothing really wrong with either of them. It's just a matter of what I'm craving at the time.
You're not alone, I'm really the same way. I enjoy both and nothing wrong with either, I just happen to prefer Pepsi when a choice is given. Its always tasted sweeter to me.

Last edited:

Parteecia

You're not alone, I'm really the same way. I enjoy both and nothing wrong with either, I just happen to prefer Pepsi when a choice is given. Its always tasted sweeter to me.
Pepsi is more concentrated. It's pretty easy to tell them apart just by looking at them. Coke is a lighter color.

I dislike everything carbonated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom