Trip Report The "Did you schedule any bathroom breaks?" Trip report

Hello again everyone. I have one more trip to share :D.

When: December 9-17,2019
Where: Sports
Why: Celebrating my 45th (3 weeks after my official birthday but still counts right?)

Title of report is from a comment that one of my DH's friends made. I really like to make detailed plans whenever we go because well for me part of the fun is in the planning so I had made a speadsheet and I mistakenly shared it with my DH. He thought it would be funny to snap a pic of it and share it with his friends online. From there it became a running joke asking if I had scheduled any bathroom breaks :cautious: 😂.

I was really excited to be there that close to the holidays. This was our 5th trip to DW and we had seen MK decorated for Christmas around the first of November in 2014 but this time everything was looking very festive.

Monday, December 9th

We got up at a ridiculous hour (3:30am) and took a cab to the Airport for our 6am flight. I think I may have gotten 3 hours of sleep which is 3 hours more than I usually get before a trip to DW lol.

Said goodbye to our 2 furbabies. My mom was cat-sitting so I knew they would be well cared for during our absence.

001 (2) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I always take the same pic on the plane 🤷‍♀️.
01 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

DH took this lovely pic of my sleeping 😒.
02 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

And before we knew it (after customs and switching planes in Toronto) we had arrived in Orlando at approximately 1:30pm.

03 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We stopped to get out Magic bands (as they do not ship to Canada) but we had already done online check-in so it was quick and painless. After we went straight to our room to freshen up a bit before heading to DS.

06 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

07 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

After 8+ hours of travel we were hungry so we went straight to WPE for a late lunch.

09 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
The pizza was mine and yes I did eat the whole thing :hungry: plus dessert!

DH got his usual.
10 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

11 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Once we were stuffed I needed to pick up a couple of Christmas ornaments for the tree. I bought my first one in 2011 on our 1st trip and each time we go back I add to my collection. But seeing that as I can only go once every 2-3 years I think that justifies me being allowed to buy more than one each time. So for this trip, since our last trip was 2 years ago, I bought 2 ornaments which means I now have 9 in total 😁.
12 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

13 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We wandered around for a bit and then we took a cab to go shopping at the Vineland Premium Outlets. DH is a fan of Under Armour and I wanted to check out the Disney Outlet. Unfortunately we didn't end up finding anything of interest and we both just wanted to get back to the bubble. We may have been more than a little tired at this point as we did not take any more pictures for the day.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
After the parade I was on a mission to get DH a couple more Christmas gifts so I took the Monorail to the Poly so that I could check out their decorations and then caught the bus to HS.

Love the lights
088 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

089 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

090 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

😍
0091 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

093 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I cut through Toy Story land to get to Galaxy's edge. I didn't spend a lot of time at HS as I just wanted to find the gifts and get back to MK.

094 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

095 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

097 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

098 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

099 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster
Once I got back to MK the crowd level was getting overwhelming and I was worried because I had plans to watch the fireworks on our last night. I had been investigating dessert parties before we left for our trip so I decided to see if I could book one last minute. I was able to get us reservations for the after the fireworks dessert party so I was happy that we wouldn't have to deal with the crowd. After I finished DH arrived and we headed to our last 2 FP's.

0100 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

100 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0000101 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Then it was time to find something to eat so we went back to Pecos Bills. I ordered the veggie burger again and we waited and waited...everyone around us was getting their meals so finally I spoke up and the woman looked at my bill and said "Oh we don't have any veggie burgers left." :facepalm: I have no idea why no one stopped to tell me that or even acknowledge us (we were there for quite some time). She then offered to refund us but I refused because it was our last night so I just asked for the nachos that come with the burger.

DH got the meat nachos.
00101 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I like mine spicy 🌶.
0101 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

After dinner it was time to head over to get in our spot for the fireworks. Everything was going great...we had a good spot, we were chatting with a nice gentleman who is a DW regular and then some people arrived at the last minute who did not listen to the CM about not standing in front of the line and they blocked our view :confused:. I am too shy to say anything and the CM's did not enforce the rules so we ended up with a whole bunch of last minute people crowded in a small space in front of us. I felt like I may as well have saved my money and just waited in the crowd closer to the castle like we had done back in 2017. Due to my limited view I did not get any good pics.

102 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

103 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

105 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

106 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I do like this one...
0107 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

MickeyCB

some people arrived at the last minute who did not listen to the CM about not standing in front of the line and they blocked our view :confused:. I am too shy to say anything and the CM's did not enforce the rules so we ended up with a whole bunch of last minute people crowded in a small space in front of us. I felt like I may as well have saved my money and just waited in the crowd closer to the castle like we had done back in 2017. Due to my limited view I did not get any good pics.
I'm very sorry that happened, that sort of thing is so frustrating. You shouldn't have to be the traffic cop.
But, I still think your photos are beautiful!

Beastly74

Original Poster
Once the fireworks were over we went to find our table for the dessert party. For my first plate I got a huge portion of ooey gooey toffee cake (I think that is what it is called) and it was good but it needed a big scoop of ice cream.

107 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0108 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
Above is my 2nd plate because I felt like I had to eat more as my DH did not eat enough (in my opinion).
His plate...
108 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We both had...
109 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

110 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Neither of us were overly impressed. It was good but not worth the price for us (remember we also have to pay the exchange and at the time I think our $ was only worth .70 US).

We had just enough time for one more ride before park close. We chose a classic relaxing ride.
113 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Time to make our way out :cry:.
114 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0117 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

117 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I finally got a decent pic in front of the MK Christmas tree :D.
119 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

And with that we said goodbye to MK and DW. We had an early flight the next day so the Tragical Express picked us up at 8am. I have one more post to make to share my thoughts on this trip and hopes for our next trip as well a few pics.

fractal

Once I got back to MK the crowd level was getting overwhelming and I was worried because I had plans to watch the fireworks on our last night. I had been investigating dessert parties before we left for our trip so I decided to see if I could book one last minute. I was able to get us reservations for the after the fireworks dessert party so I was happy that we wouldn't have to deal with the crowd. After I finished DH arrived and we headed to our last 2 FP's.

0100 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

100 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0000101 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Then it was time to find something to eat so we went back to Pecos Bills. I ordered the veggie burger again and we waited and waited...everyone around us was getting their meals so finally I spoke up and the woman looked at my bill and said "Oh we don't have any veggie burgers left." :facepalm: I have no idea why no one stopped to tell me that or even acknowledge us (we were there for quite some time). She then offered to refund us but I refused because it was our last night so I just asked for the nachos that come with the burger.

DH got the meat nachos.
00101 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I like mine spicy 🌶.
0101 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

After dinner it was time to head over to get in our spot for the fireworks. Everything was going great...we had a good spot, we were chatting with a nice gentleman who is a DW regular and then some people arrived at the last minute who did not listen to the CM about not standing in front of the line and they blocked our view :confused:. I am too shy to say anything and the CM's did not enforce the rules so we ended up with a whole bunch of last minute people crowded in a small space in front of us. I felt like I may as well have saved my money and just waited in the crowd closer to the castle like we had done back in 2017. Due to my limited view I did not get any good pics.

102 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

103 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

105 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

106 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I do like this one...
0107 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Hate when people jump in front last minute! You did get a few good shots!

Beastly74

Original Poster
Hate when people jump in front last minute! You did get a few good shots!

Thank you 😀.
The only reason I booked the dessert party in the first place was because I was hoping to avoid people jumping in the way at the last minute. I even made sure we arrived at the designated area as soon as the time opened up and I got us a spot right at the edge of the line that we were told we could not cross 😒. Very frustrating when people have a complete disregard for rules.

Beastly74

Original Poster
I am very glad that we had the opportunity to visit Disney World just before the holidays but I am not sure if I would choose to go in December again. We went on a lot less rides than usual because the wait times were quite high most days. I knew this would be an issue so I had planned to spend more time just enjoying the atmosphere but I really missed being able to do more rides. I absolutely loved HS this time even though it was the busiest park. Epcot was extremely frustrating except for World Showcase and it was wonderful to be able to enjoy AK without the extreme humidity. One thing I noticed at MK was that there was a lot more people in the park at the end of the night than what we have been used to during our other trips. I suppose everyone was trying to soak up every last bit of Christmas magic.

Our 1st trip was for our 10th anniversary in September 2011 so I was hoping for another DW trip in 2021 for our 20th but my DH announced last year that he would like to do something different (say what?!?). Not sure what that will be yet especially with what is happening right now so I am aiming to get back to the World May 2022. The last time we saw the International Flower and Garden Festival was 2013 so I am looking forward to seeing the displays again. I already have a detailed plan of attack for the next trip but I am not going to share it with DH because goodness knows I may end up as a meme :hilarious:. Like everyone else I am trying to stay positive but sometimes it is difficult.

DH wanted to make sure everyone got to admire his Christmas gift...
DSC02908 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

108958272_644561166413463_4372631010374366878_n by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

113118088_1373207036218189_8864798884590731128_n by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

And this is the shelving unit he made me for my ornament collection...
DSC02907 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

It also lights up.
20200711_151347 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Thank you to everyone who followed along. I am not much for "talking" throughout my reports but I do love sharing our pictures. I also love reading other trip reports and although I rarely comment please know that I do appreciate the time that everyone takes to share their adventures. I hope that there will be many more to read in the future.

LisaBelle

I am very glad that we had the opportunity to visit Disney World just before the holidays but I am not sure if I would choose to go in December again. We went on a lot less rides than usual because the wait times were quite high most days. I knew this would be an issue so I had planned to spend more time just enjoying the atmosphere but I really missed being able to do more rides. I absolutely loved HS this time even though it was the busiest park. Epcot was extremely frustrating except for World Showcase and it was wonderful to be able to enjoy AK without the extreme humidity. One thing I noticed at MK was that there was a lot more people in the park at the end of the night than what we have been used to during our other trips. I suppose everyone was trying to soak up every last bit of Christmas magic.

Our 1st trip was for our 10th anniversary in September 2011 so I was hoping for another DW trip in 2021 for our 20th but my DH announced last year that he would like to do something different (say what?!?). Not sure what that will be yet especially with what is happening right now so I am aiming to get back to the World May 2022. The last time we saw the International Flower and Garden Festival was 2013 so I am looking forward to seeing the displays again. I already have a detailed plan of attack for the next trip but I am not going to share it with DH because goodness knows I may end up as a meme :hilarious:. Like everyone else I am trying to stay positive but sometimes it is difficult.

DH wanted to make sure everyone got to admire his Christmas gift...
DSC02908 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

108958272_644561166413463_4372631010374366878_n by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

113118088_1373207036218189_8864798884590731128_n by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

And this is the shelving unit he made me for my ornament collection...
DSC02907 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

It also lights up.
20200711_151347 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Thank you to everyone who followed along. I am not much for "talking" throughout my reports but I do love sharing our pictures. I also love reading other trip reports and although I rarely comment please know that I do appreciate the time that everyone takes to share their adventures. I hope that there will be many more to read in the future.
Loved your report! So happy you shared it with us! The light saber is amazing! Absolutely love the display case for your ornaments!

Beastly74

Original Poster
Loved your report! So happy you shared it with us! The light saber is amazing! Absolutely love the display case for your ornaments!
Thanks so much 😀. We still need to buy something to mount the lightsaber on the wall of the computer room. I am in love with the display case but I told him I will need a matching one because I plan on buying 3 more ornaments when I make it back to DW in 2022 lol.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us, I enjoyed following along! And I absolutely love your ornament display!
Thank you-I really appreciate it 🙂.

I enjoyed following along!! Thank you for sharing!!
Glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for following 😊.

Thanks for sharing. You take really good photos! I hope you get back to the world for you flower and garden trip in a few years!
Thank you. We both love taking photos. We got to enjoy the Flower and Garden Festival in 2013 and we loved it. DH loves to garden and we have had a veggie garden for the past 7 years. This year our garden has produced an overabundance of veggies so we have been giving stuff away to neighbours. The other night a neighbour was walking by with her dog and we asked her if she likes zucchini so she went home with one lol.

Loved following along! Your photos are wonderful, you guys look so cute together, and your husband makes a beautiful display case!!
Thank you for following :D. I was really happy when he showed me the display case. Now I just need to get my disney room fixed up lol. I have a spare room where I keep my Disney collectibles (and miniatures) that the cats are not allowed in but it needs to be painted.

thanks for sharing! Great to see some photo's from the old situation before the world changed.........
Thank you for following 🙂. So crazy to think how much everything has changed in such a short time. In my part of the world we are doing great so things have gone back to somewhat normal but I know much of the world is still suffering and I also know that things could quickly turn around here if we are not careful. It is interesting to read the trip reports that are happening right now.

Thank you for sharing with us. That is a beautiful case for your decorations your husband made.
Thank you for following 😊. DH says thank you too! He likes to do woodwork and right now he has a lot of time for that stuff.

fractal

Love that lightsaber!

I miss the Flower and Garden Festival as well. Last time we saw it was in 2009. Good luck in your plans for 2022 and thanks for sharing this report!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom