Trip Report The "Did you schedule any bathroom breaks?" Trip report

Hello again everyone. I have one more trip to share :D.

When: December 9-17,2019
Where: Sports
Why: Celebrating my 45th (3 weeks after my official birthday but still counts right?)

Title of report is from a comment that one of my DH's friends made. I really like to make detailed plans whenever we go because well for me part of the fun is in the planning so I had made a speadsheet and I mistakenly shared it with my DH. He thought it would be funny to snap a pic of it and share it with his friends online. From there it became a running joke asking if I had scheduled any bathroom breaks :cautious: 😂.

I was really excited to be there that close to the holidays. This was our 5th trip to DW and we had seen MK decorated for Christmas around the first of November in 2014 but this time everything was looking very festive.

Monday, December 9th

We got up at a ridiculous hour (3:30am) and took a cab to the Airport for our 6am flight. I think I may have gotten 3 hours of sleep which is 3 hours more than I usually get before a trip to DW lol.

Said goodbye to our 2 furbabies. My mom was cat-sitting so I knew they would be well cared for during our absence.

001 (2) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I always take the same pic on the plane 🤷‍♀️.
01 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

DH took this lovely pic of my sleeping 😒.
02 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

And before we knew it (after customs and switching planes in Toronto) we had arrived in Orlando at approximately 1:30pm.

03 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We stopped to get out Magic bands (as they do not ship to Canada) but we had already done online check-in so it was quick and painless. After we went straight to our room to freshen up a bit before heading to DS.

06 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

07 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

After 8+ hours of travel we were hungry so we went straight to WPE for a late lunch.

09 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
The pizza was mine and yes I did eat the whole thing :hungry: plus dessert!

DH got his usual.
10 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

11 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Once we were stuffed I needed to pick up a couple of Christmas ornaments for the tree. I bought my first one in 2011 on our 1st trip and each time we go back I add to my collection. But seeing that as I can only go once every 2-3 years I think that justifies me being allowed to buy more than one each time. So for this trip, since our last trip was 2 years ago, I bought 2 ornaments which means I now have 9 in total 😁.
12 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

13 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We wandered around for a bit and then we took a cab to go shopping at the Vineland Premium Outlets. DH is a fan of Under Armour and I wanted to check out the Disney Outlet. Unfortunately we didn't end up finding anything of interest and we both just wanted to get back to the bubble. We may have been more than a little tired at this point as we did not take any more pictures for the day.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
I hope no one minds but I have some more pics from our 2nd afternoon at the Hopewell Rocks. This time we got a couple good ones of the Peregrine Falcons.

This pic was taken at 5:15pm and we were waiting for the tide to go out more so we could get to the next cove.
12 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

The next pic was taken at 5:30 and we were able to cross.
14 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

17 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

18 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

22 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster
Our last FP was for the Beauty and the Beast show. I hope HS comes up with a better FP tier system because the current one sucks! Don't get me wrong I still really enjoy this show but your choices are limited after choosing 1 FP in the 1st tier. Now that there are more "exciting rides" this will hopefully change going forward.

091 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

093 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

095 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

After the show we did some shopping and then it was back to Galaxy's Edge. I checked the app at 4:30pm to see what the ride number was for ROTR and it was currently only at 55. By now I was quite certain my plan to park hop to Epcot before 7 was not going to happen 😟.

We stopped to get some Photopass pics.
0097 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

097 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

And took a peek in Dok Ondar's Den of Antiquities.

050 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0050 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

048 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

047 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

046 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Mainahman

Love the title! Im in!

1593091422230.png

Beastly74

Original Poster
Then we came upon some action...
099 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

100 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

102 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We headed back to the Millennium Falcon and noticed that the wait time was down to 40 minutes so after a quick photo we hopped in line.

103 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

104 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

105 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

106 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

00107 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

107 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We were gunners. I was so nervous about messing up that I really didn't take the time to enjoy the ride lol. Luckily we were able to ride again later on in the week and I was able to relax a little more.

Beastly74

Original Poster
By the time we exited the ride it was about 6pm and already dark and our number was still not called for ROTR 😭. I was starting to get a bit stressed at this point because we heard that the ride kept breaking down. We decided to head back to Toy Story land to see if the wait times were any better.

First an important stop. Proof that I did make time for bathroom breaks! 🤣.
00000108 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Love the lights 😍.
000108 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

The wait time for Alien Swirling Saucers was reasonable so we got in line.
00108 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
I thought it was cute but DH was less than impressed.

0108 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

So this is where things get a little fuzzy. My last photo in Toy Story land is from 7pm and then I have no other photos until 8:30pm 🤷‍♀️. I know that we ate dinner and I got a Southwest bowl at Fairfax Fair but I don't remember what DH got. After our meal I checked the app and our number was finally called - Woohoo! We quickly jumped in line and were chatting excitedly with 2 guys in front of us when the line stopped suddenly and we waited...and waited. Then we all got redirected and (according to the 2 guys ) missed a big important piece of the ride. They strongly encouraged us to try and ride again another day. Some of you will be able to tell which important piece we were forced to skip when you see the photos. That being said - Warning ride spoilers ahead (although I did not take very many).

108 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

109 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

111 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

112 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

113 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

It was about 8:50pm when we exited and even though we missed a portion of the experience we were still thrilled with what we did see. So much so that we were willing to get up even earlier another day to try again.

We had just enough time for 1 more ride before HS closed so we hit up TSMM.
0118 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Loco_driver

Yes you missed a pretty important piece of the experience it would seem. Did you walk straight to the star destroyer with the storm troopers on it? If so you missed a pretty significant piece, although not the “main” ride obviously.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Yes you missed a pretty important piece of the experience it would seem. Did you walk straight to the star destroyer with the storm troopers on it? If so you missed a pretty significant piece, although not the “main” ride obviously.
Yes, we skipped a significant part of the "story" but don't worry we were able to enjoy the full experience a couple days later ;). Had to get up before 6am but hey it was totally worth it lol.

Beastly74

Original Poster
So we had opened and closed HS and had already been going from 8am-9pm. My original plan had us park hopping to Epcot. Do you think we made it?

Well one of us did 😁. DH told me I was crazy and went back to the resort. Epcot was open until 11pm and it was calling my name. I have to say though I had a really difficult time with all of the construction walls. DH often likes to joke that I could get lost in a circular room and I was very confused trying to navigate around Epcot at night especially by myself.

I know that I (eventually) made my way to Soarin but I have no proof and next I rode frozen.

00121 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0121 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

121 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

122 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0199 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
I am in the very back.

My last ride was Spaceship Earth.
199 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

200 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I made my way out of Epcot at about 11:20pm after a 15 hour day 😮🤪😴.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Wednesday, December 11,

AK was on the agenda for today followed by a night at MK (EMH). I had been unable to get a FP for FOP for this day so I was determined to get there at Park opening and even though I had only gotten to bed just before 1am we still managed to make it. I took a few pics while in line. I think the wait was about 45 minutes.

003 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

005 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

006 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

007 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Next we went on Safari.
There were quite a few giraffe wandering around.
025 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

026 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

023 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Baby 😍
028 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

029 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

The cheetah was sitting out in the open and I still failed to get a good pic 😟.
031 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster

Beastly74

Original Poster
Then we headed back to Africa to walk the Gorilla Falls Exploration trail.

0000000041 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

000000041 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

:happy:
00000041 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

000041 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

00041 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

041 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Have to say it was wonderful to be able to enjoy AK without the high humidity. The weather was perfect.

Next it was time for another safari. This time with the use of a FP.

00042 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0042 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

042 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0000043 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster
Our 2nd FP was for Lion King.
00043 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0043 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

A few pics on the way to our last FP.
043 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

:jawdrop:
044 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

046 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

047 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

048 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We didn't get too wet. I know from experience it could have been a lot worse.
0049 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We jumped in the single rider line for Expedition Everest. Love that they have this option as the wait time was quite high. I think we were on in less then 10 minutes.

049 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0050 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster
Happy Canada Day! 🍁🇨🇦

I was ridiculously happy to see Kevin wandering around. DH thought I was nuts because I was stalking her and snapping pics lol.

050 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Umm maybe I should back off! 😬
052 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

053 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I took this pic because it made me laugh but we didn't enter that area.
055 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We were heading out of AK.
0056 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

056 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

057 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Not a great pic but we loved this Christmas tree. I would say it was our favourite.
0058 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

058 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We left AK just after 4. DH was going back to the resort for a rest but I was heading to MK 😀.

Beastly74

Original Poster
As you can tell from the sky it was very overcast and just as I walked under the entrance it started to rain. It felt a little strange to be there without my DH but I was also excited because I could take my time and do whatever I wanted.

059 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

060 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

061 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

062 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Since it was raining I started with something we had never watched before.
067 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I was getting hungry so I stopped to get a lobster roll at CHH. I really enjoyed this and so much lobster!
076 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

As soon as I finished DH messaged me and said he was on his way and thank goodness he had brought me a jacket because it was getting chilly. I went over towards tomorrowland to meet him and he was a little upset that I had eaten without him :rolleyes: even though I didn't know if he was going to meet up with me later. I raved about my dinner and he decided he wanted one too so off we went back to CHH (I had no idea he even liked Lobster). Unfortunately he didn't like it quite as much I did and apparently I was supposed to warn him that there were onions on it :facepalm:. We started to head to a ride and then he suddenly looks at me and says that maybe he should call it a night because he was tired and cranky (really I hadn't noticed honey). With that I walked with him back to the front of the park, promised him I would send him pics of my night and went on my merry way.

First up (many of these are the pics I sent DH of my adventures at MK)
0079 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Fireworks were happening as I exited the ride.
083 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Next I Went Under the Sea.
0084 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

084 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster
I took a quick pic of the castle and then decided to head to Tomorrowland.
085 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I sent this selfie to DH when I got stuck on the People Mover :hilarious:.
00087 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Looks like I fell asleep fighting Zurg.
0087 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

So I went to refuel.
087 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Back to Fantasyland I ended the night with Peter Pan and 7DMT.
0088 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

088 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I took a few pics as I made my way out of MK.
089 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
Soooo pretty 😍.

090 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
The windows were really cool.

091 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

093 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
Loved the "popcorn".

I made my way to the bus just after midnight. Another 15 hour day in the books.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom