Trip Report The "Did you schedule any bathroom breaks?" Trip report

Hello again everyone. I have one more trip to share :D.

When: December 9-17,2019
Where: Sports
Why: Celebrating my 45th (3 weeks after my official birthday but still counts right?)

Title of report is from a comment that one of my DH's friends made. I really like to make detailed plans whenever we go because well for me part of the fun is in the planning so I had made a speadsheet and I mistakenly shared it with my DH. He thought it would be funny to snap a pic of it and share it with his friends online. From there it became a running joke asking if I had scheduled any bathroom breaks :cautious: 😂.

I was really excited to be there that close to the holidays. This was our 5th trip to DW and we had seen MK decorated for Christmas around the first of November in 2014 but this time everything was looking very festive.

Monday, December 9th

We got up at a ridiculous hour (3:30am) and took a cab to the Airport for our 6am flight. I think I may have gotten 3 hours of sleep which is 3 hours more than I usually get before a trip to DW lol.

Said goodbye to our 2 furbabies. My mom was cat-sitting so I knew they would be well cared for during our absence.

001 (2) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I always take the same pic on the plane 🤷‍♀️.
01 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

DH took this lovely pic of my sleeping 😒.
02 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

And before we knew it (after customs and switching planes in Toronto) we had arrived in Orlando at approximately 1:30pm.

03 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We stopped to get out Magic bands (as they do not ship to Canada) but we had already done online check-in so it was quick and painless. After we went straight to our room to freshen up a bit before heading to DS.

06 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

07 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

After 8+ hours of travel we were hungry so we went straight to WPE for a late lunch.

09 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
The pizza was mine and yes I did eat the whole thing :hungry: plus dessert!

DH got his usual.
10 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

11 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Once we were stuffed I needed to pick up a couple of Christmas ornaments for the tree. I bought my first one in 2011 on our 1st trip and each time we go back I add to my collection. But seeing that as I can only go once every 2-3 years I think that justifies me being allowed to buy more than one each time. So for this trip, since our last trip was 2 years ago, I bought 2 ornaments which means I now have 9 in total 😁.
12 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

13 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We wandered around for a bit and then we took a cab to go shopping at the Vineland Premium Outlets. DH is a fan of Under Armour and I wanted to check out the Disney Outlet. Unfortunately we didn't end up finding anything of interest and we both just wanted to get back to the bubble. We may have been more than a little tired at this point as we did not take any more pictures for the day.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Thursday, December 12th,

Today was a park-free day which was why I did not mind doing such long days on Tuesday and Wednesday. We slept in until after 10am and took our time getting ready. The only things I wanted to do today was check out some Resort Christmas decorations and spend the evening at Disney Springs. I am really embarrassed to admit this next part. I made a silly newbie error in my quest to get to the Epcot resorts. We jumped on a bus for Epcot and when we got there I realized that to get to where I wanted to be we would have to go through Epcot which would mean using a park ticket (nope, not happening). So we jumped on a bus to HS and then took the Skyliner to the International Gateway. Was there an easier way once I had already made the error? I was mad at myself for wasting so much time but we made it (finally) and we loved the Skyliner.

0005 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

005 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

00006 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0006 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
😆

006 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

008 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

009 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

017 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

018 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Saw this guy at the start of our walk.
020 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster
We didn't take many photos this day. We just walked around and enjoyed the atmosphere at each of the Resorts.

Started at the Boardwalk Inn
021 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
I really liked this picture until I realized that there was someone lounging on the couch in the background.

026 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

027 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
It was quite overcast all day and kept raining on and off but it was still a nice walk.

Next was the Yacht Club. I absolutely love miniatures so DH captured a perfect pic of me enthralled (mouth open lol) by the miniature train set. I have a dollhouse that my DH bought me and I have been collecting miniatures for about 20 years now. I had one when I was younger so it has always been a fascination. Unfortunately it can be a very expensive hobby so that is why it has taken me 20+years and counting to decorate the dollhouse ;).

030 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

031 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

032 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

036 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Last stop was the Beach Club.
040 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

042 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0043 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I wish we had gotten up earlier and had more time because I wanted to explore some other resorts but it was already close to 3pm and we were hungry.

Beastly74

Original Poster
I wanted to try the Polite Pig and I am so glad we did because it was delicious. I think it was my favourite meal of the trip. I got the salmon and DH got the ribs. The mac&cheese was fantastic as well. We were both very happy.

045 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
So good! :hungry:

046 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We did a little shopping before visiting the Christmas Tree Trail.

048 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

056 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

057 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0059 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

067 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

075 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

078 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

While we were enjoying the display it started to downpour so we called it a night. We got back before 9pm and I decided I wanted a treat. The food court was crazy busy (a lot of cheerleaders) and I stood in line for a ridiculous amount of time. I almost called it quits a couple of times (DH had already gone back to the room) but I was determined to get my ice-cream cookie sandwich.

090 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

It was huge! I tried to get DH to eat some but he wasn't interested so I ate the whole thing - after all I had stood in line for far too long to waste it lol. Hate to say it but it was not worth the long wait 😕.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Happy 4th of July! 🎆

Friday, December 13th,

We got up at an insane hour because today was the day we were determined to get a boarding pass for ROTR that would be called earlier in the day. It actually was about the same time as I would get up for work - 5:30am and this was much more exciting than getting ready for my job ;).

0000000001 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
Shhh normal people are still sleeping.

And this was a small part of the crowd that surrounded us. My anxiety was working overtime :jawdrop:.
000000001 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

When the sea of people started to surge forward I got Brian to stand behind me so that we would not take up too much room as people were pushing and shoving. When all of a sudden this lady freaks out at me accusing me of pushing her and her son. Okay, normally I am a very easygoing peace-loving quiet person but I lost it on her. Here she was spread out 3 people wide (her, her young son and I am guessing her hubby) and I had put my hubby behind me to take up less room and she is bad mouthing me?!? My poor DH had to calm me down after because I was beyond angry (may have had something to do with my anxiety too).

Luckily I managed to regain my composure long enough to snag us a boarding pass (for some reason DH had trouble with his phone both times). It was still not a great one (I blame the rude lady) but it was better than the one on Tuesday. We had #53.

We decided to do one ride and then I was going to hit up MK for EMH and DH was going back to bed lol. He is definitely not a morning person. Neither am I to be honest but can tolerate it better at DW.

Our choice...
00000001 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0000001 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
It was a great ride-lots of drops. I was holding on for dear life :hilarious:. After TOT I felt all was well with my world again.

I took the Skyliner to AOA and then took the bus to MK from there.
0001 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

001 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Good morning beautiful.
002 (2) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I think I arrived just after opening. I walked back towards Fantasyland and checked the wait times for 7DMT but it was already quite long and then I realized I was getting hungry so I headed to Gaston's Tavern for a snack.

003 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

As I was sitting at a little table off to the left enjoying my treat a couple from this site came in took a pic and then left. I wanted to say "hello" but I was too shy :coldfeet:.

My treat
004 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

By the time I finished eating Frontierland had opened so I headed that way. Even the bears were out 😄.

Beastly74

Original Poster
A peaceful walk to my next destination.

007 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0010 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
The line was already long but it went fast. I think I was on in less than 15 minutes.

010 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Then I continued on to...
0013 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I look sad all by myself in the very back :joyfull:.
0015 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Went back to the front of the park to take a couple pics.
015 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
The dreary looking sky does not make a very good backdrop.

016 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

It started to rain so I stopped at Starbucks for a coffee flavoured drink (DH and I drank at least 1 of these every day of our trip) and then found a place to sit and enjoy it where I would not get wet.

018 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
A pretty and quiet setting :).

While I was sitting there I checked the ROTR app and decided to make my leisurely way back to HS. It was going on 11am.
I ended up taking the Monorail to The Grand Floridian and then catching a bus from there.

019 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

024 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
Hmmm I thought I had gotten a picture of the tree but apparently not. I remember I stopped to admire it though.

Before I hopped on the bus I texted DH to make sure he was up and to meet me at HS.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Warning - ride spoilers

I arrived at HS just after 12 and DH got there 15 minutes later. I only snapped one picture on our way to ROTR.
0027 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

As soon as our number came up we jumped in line. I think the wait was still about 45 minutes but at least this time we got to enjoy the entire experience and it was worth the frustrating start to the morning.

0028 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

00029 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

031 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

037 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

038 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Pictures do not do this scene justice.
041 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

042 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

043 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0047 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I didn't take many pictures after this as I had taken some during that part of the ride the 1st time through.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Suddenly we were transported to Epcot?!? I have no pics after the ride to document how we got there lol. I am going to guess the Skyliner because it was so convenient and a really fun ride too.

We started off in Japan.
00052 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0052 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
I want one! 😍

053 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

054 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Tried to get a pic of a Disney squirrel 😄.
055 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We stopped for lunch at Katsura Grill. This was one of the only restaurants that I struggled with my food choices (Pescatarian). I ended up getting Shrimp Tempura Udon. It was okay but I was still hungry after. We chose this place because it is such a peaceful location.

056 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

58 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

000059 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

After lunch we did a little shopping.
0059 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster
Next we stopped at the American pavilion to see if Voices of Liberty were performing but we had just missed the show.

061 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
A couple of ducks were enjoying the fountain.

So we continued on to Italy.
062 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

063 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

00000064 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Then Germany and I got a snack because lunch was not very satisfying.
000064 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

00064 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
Yum! :hungry:

0064 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0065 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

065 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Had to admire the miniature train ♥.
0066 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster
We looked around the China Pavilion for a bit. Love shopping here.

0068 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0069 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0070 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

070 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We always have to take a picture of the Troll in Norway.
072 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

073 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I noticed that the sky was looking really cool...
074 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

And then I turned to face the water 😲.
076 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

077 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

078 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
So pretty!

Beastly74

Original Poster

Beastly74

Original Poster
Took these photos on our way to the Seas.
0000000000097 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

00000000097 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0000000097 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0000097 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
I think he was checking us out :).

We strolled back towards World Showcase for dinner.
000097 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

097 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I got something to eat at Tangierine Cafe but Brian is not a fan so he got fish&chips back in the UK.
00000098 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beautiful light
000098 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

After dinner it was time to find a spot for the fireworks show. I think we ended up near the bridge between Paris and UK (closer to Paris). We didn't take any pictures of the fireworks because it was our first time seeing the new show. I didn't like it as much although there were parts we enjoyed. I know that this is not the final version so hopefully it will be better.

We took a couple pictures in Paris and then called it a night.
0098 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
These decorations were beautiful.

098 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster
Saturday, December 14th,

Today was another slow start. DH decided to stay behind and relax which worked out well for me because it gave me time to do some Christmas shopping at AK. Although I ended up finding more stuff for myself than him so I just kept texting him pictures of things for me that would look great under the Christmas tree lol.

A couple pics of Sports
01 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

02 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

After shopping I stopped to watch the Winged Encounters show.
03 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

05 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

06 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

07 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Just before the show DH had texted me to say he was on his way so we met for lunch at Flame Tree BBQ.

08 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I got the plant-based hot link smokehouse sandwich. It was better than I expected.
009 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We had some company.
10 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

11 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster

Beastly74

Original Poster
When we took my then 89 year old mother with us we didn't SCHEDULE bathroom breaks, we just knew we would be making a stop at every one we passed. 🌊
My Dad always said it was better to never pass up the opportunity to stop and use a washroom :D.

Beastly74

Original Poster
We went in search of a snack I wanted to try. I ended up having to get a map of AK so that we could locate it.

027 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

27 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
I liked it but next time I would get it without the sweet chile sauce. DH got the plain mac & cheese.

We found Kevin again :).
0028 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

028 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

After our snack we wandered around and enjoyed the sights.

0031 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

32 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

37 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

38 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

40 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

41 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster
And then we went our separate ways because I wanted to watch It's Tough to be a Bug but DH does not like it due to the fact that the 1 and only time he saw the show he hurt his back because he flinched when it felt like the bugs were walking under your seat. I have tried multiple times to explain to him that he can sit forward so that it does not startle him again but he has an official dislike for it since 2011 😄.

45 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

This is his pic from his ride choice.
46 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
Hahaha so serious.

We met back up to find seats for ROL. There is something about this show that tugs at my heartstrings.

48 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

54 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

55 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

56 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

57 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

59 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

One thing that annoys me now is how hard it is to get a decent seat for these shows now (at all the Parks). Between the dining packages, dessert parties and FP's it is almost impossible to get a good seat. I think we had a FP for this show but our seats were way over to the side. 2 years ago we had a FP and got fantastic seats in the middle. Sad as we don't have money for all of these "extras" especially with the exchange rate. But I recognize that Disney is a business and all of the extras help with the cash flow.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
We had tried to go on EE before ROL but it was down. Luckily it was up again after the show so we jumped in the single rider line a couple of times.

0000060 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

000060 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

00060 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0060 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
My attempt at trying to be brave and put my arms up because DH asked me to :joyfull:.

We were about to head out of AK when DH reminded me that we had not gone to admire Pandora at night so we headed that way.

This pic was taken somewhere along the way.
060 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We also stopped to watch the projection show on the Tree of Life. What a beautiful show!
0061 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Finally made it there but we did not stay long because I had another park to get to before the end of the night.
0062 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

64 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

fractal

Happy 4th of July! 🎆

Friday, December 13th,

We got up at an insane hour because today was the day we were determined to get a boarding pass for ROTR that would be called earlier in the day. It actually was about the same time as I would get up for work - 5:30am and this was much more exciting than getting ready for my job ;).

0000000001 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
Shhh normal people are still sleeping.

And this was a small part of the crowd that surrounded us. My anxiety was working overtime :jawdrop:.
000000001 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

When the sea of people started to surge forward I got Brian to stand behind me so that we would not take up too much room as people were pushing and shoving. When all of a sudden this lady freaks out at me accusing me of pushing her and her son. Okay, normally I am a very easygoing peace-loving quiet person but I lost it on her. Here she was spread out 3 people wide (her, her young son and I am guessing her hubby) and I had put my hubby behind me to take up less room and she is bad mouthing me?!? My poor DH had to calm me down after because I was beyond angry (may have had something to do with my anxiety too).

Luckily I managed to regain my composure long enough to snag us a boarding pass (for some reason DH had trouble with his phone both times). It was still not a great one (I blame the rude lady) but it was better than the one on Tuesday. We had #53.

We decided to do one ride and then I was going to hit up MK for EMH and DH was going back to bed lol. He is definitely not a morning person. Neither am I to be honest but can tolerate it better at DW.

Our choice...
00000001 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0000001 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
It was a great ride-lots of drops. I was holding on for dear life :hilarious:. After TOT I felt all was well with my world again.

I took the Skyliner to AOA and then took the bus to MK from there.
0001 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

001 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Good morning beautiful.
002 (2) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I think I arrived just after opening. I walked back towards Fantasyland and checked the wait times for 7DMT but it was already quite long and then I realized I was getting hungry so I headed to Gaston's Tavern for a snack.

003 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

As I was sitting at a little table off to the left enjoying my treat a couple from this site came in took a pic and then left. I wanted to say "hello" but I was too shy :coldfeet:.

My treat
004 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

By the time I finished eating Frontierland had opened so I headed that way. Even the bears were out 😄.

Why do people have to be such rude? BTW, I love the pic of Brian on the Skyliner - I'm not a fan of the gondola myself. They always seem to be one good wind away from tipping over.

Beastly74

Original Poster
MK was open until midnight so of course I could not pass that up and DH was feeling better so he joined me :). First stop when we arrived was to find something to eat. We decided on Pecos Bill and on my goodness the nachos with the topping bar =♥. DH got the meat nachos and I got a veggie burger with plain nachos on the side.

Blurry pics
0066 (1) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0066 (3) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

After dinner we visited the HM.
066 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

This pic cracks me up :hilarious:. Neither of us have a clue.
66 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Then we finished up the night with going Under the Sea and DH's favorite "The creepy doll" ride.
68 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

69 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Our own personal boat
70 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

71 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Love these guys :D.
72 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We only took 1 picture on our way out. As you can see MK was still quite busy at midnight. I would have liked to linger a little longer but we were tired.
74 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom