Trip Report The "Did you schedule any bathroom breaks?" Trip report

Hello again everyone. I have one more trip to share :D.

When: December 9-17,2019
Where: Sports
Why: Celebrating my 45th (3 weeks after my official birthday but still counts right?)

Title of report is from a comment that one of my DH's friends made. I really like to make detailed plans whenever we go because well for me part of the fun is in the planning so I had made a speadsheet and I mistakenly shared it with my DH. He thought it would be funny to snap a pic of it and share it with his friends online. From there it became a running joke asking if I had scheduled any bathroom breaks :cautious: 😂.

I was really excited to be there that close to the holidays. This was our 5th trip to DW and we had seen MK decorated for Christmas around the first of November in 2014 but this time everything was looking very festive.

Monday, December 9th

We got up at a ridiculous hour (3:30am) and took a cab to the Airport for our 6am flight. I think I may have gotten 3 hours of sleep which is 3 hours more than I usually get before a trip to DW lol.

Said goodbye to our 2 furbabies. My mom was cat-sitting so I knew they would be well cared for during our absence.

001 (2) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I always take the same pic on the plane 🤷‍♀️.
01 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

DH took this lovely pic of my sleeping 😒.
02 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

And before we knew it (after customs and switching planes in Toronto) we had arrived in Orlando at approximately 1:30pm.

03 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We stopped to get out Magic bands (as they do not ship to Canada) but we had already done online check-in so it was quick and painless. After we went straight to our room to freshen up a bit before heading to DS.

06 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

07 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

After 8+ hours of travel we were hungry so we went straight to WPE for a late lunch.

09 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
The pizza was mine and yes I did eat the whole thing :hungry: plus dessert!

DH got his usual.
10 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

11 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Once we were stuffed I needed to pick up a couple of Christmas ornaments for the tree. I bought my first one in 2011 on our 1st trip and each time we go back I add to my collection. But seeing that as I can only go once every 2-3 years I think that justifies me being allowed to buy more than one each time. So for this trip, since our last trip was 2 years ago, I bought 2 ornaments which means I now have 9 in total 😁.
12 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

13 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We wandered around for a bit and then we took a cab to go shopping at the Vineland Premium Outlets. DH is a fan of Under Armour and I wanted to check out the Disney Outlet. Unfortunately we didn't end up finding anything of interest and we both just wanted to get back to the bubble. We may have been more than a little tired at this point as we did not take any more pictures for the day.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Why do people have to be such rude? BTW, I love the pic of Brian on the Skyliner - I'm not a fan of the gondola myself. They always seem to be one good wind away from tipping over.
I am not sure how she didn't realize that we were all being "pushed" because of the crowd.
Brian can be quite the character sometimes ;) unfortunately for this trip he wasn't feeling himself for a good portion of it.
The skyliner would definitely be quite scary in high winds!
Thanks for following. I am looking forward to following your adventures when you and your family go in the near future :).

Beastly74

Original Poster
Sunday, December 15,

We slept a bit later today and then headed to HS. We had debated getting up early again to brave the ROTR crowds but we opted to get some more rest. I was excited about today because I was able to get a FP for Slinky Dog Dash.

We had the bus to ourselves :).
01 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
I didn't realize until later that there was a spot on my camera lens so it showed up in all my pics for the day :confused:.

02 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

04 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

005 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

05 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

06 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

6 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

08 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
We loved it!

020 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster
After SDD we stopped for lunch at Woody's Lunch Box. Loved the little details but the seating area is too small. I forgot to mention that we mobile ordered most of our meals during our trip and it was extremely convenient. And if I can figure out how to do it then anyone can lol.

0021 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

021 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0022 (1) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0022 (2) by Tam Beastly, on Flick

Then we decided to walk back through GE.

A cute little Porg joined us for a photo.
022 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

023 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

24 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We looked though Black Spire Outpost before heading to take a ride on Star Tours.
35 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

00037 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0037 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

DouglasE

Unlike a video game, I would not be surprised if it did not matter at all what you do in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon for the end result. Next time I'm just going to do nothing and see if there is any difference. I was an engineer so I wasn't looking forward the whole time.

OMG, what a difference the conditions of the world can be. Your picture of Toy Story Land with the lights gave me anxiety with all of the people crammed in.

I was amused that after how many years of marriage, you had no idea that your husband liked lobster and might have a problem with onions. You learn something new everyday. I am impressed with your 15 hour days. You are a woman after my own heart. Also, I like the fact that you each can do your own thing. I could never be one of those couples joined at the hip at all times. Now when you are together, you can share about your solo time.

What did you think of the skyliner? Judging by the picture of your husband, he could do without it.

My jaw dropped when I saw that crowd for the opening of the Studios. I was amazed and then ed off to read that people were shoving and pushing. Good for you for yelling back. Folks need to be called out on their bad behavior.

What incredible pictures you got of the birds at the Great Bird Adventure. The pictures of Animal Kingdom at night were beautiful. I love the photopass pic of you two in front of the Millennium Falcon. Such a great couple!

Looking forward to more!

Beastly74

Original Poster
Unlike a video game, I would not be surprised if it did not matter at all what you do in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon for the end result. Next time I'm just going to do nothing and see if there is any difference. I was an engineer so I wasn't looking forward the whole time.

OMG, what a difference the conditions of the world can be. Your picture of Toy Story Land with the lights gave me anxiety with all of the people crammed in.

I was amused that after how many years of marriage, you had no idea that your husband liked lobster and might have a problem with onions. You learn something new everyday. I am impressed with your 15 hour days. You are a woman after my own heart. Also, I like the fact that you each can do your own thing. I could never be one of those couples joined at the hip at all times. Now when you are together, you can share about your solo time.

What did you think of the skyliner? Judging by the picture of your husband, he could do without it.

My jaw dropped when I saw that crowd for the opening of the Studios. I was amazed and then ****ed off to read that people were shoving and pushing. Good for you for yelling back. Folks need to be called out on their bad behavior.

What incredible pictures you got of the birds at the Great Bird Adventure. The pictures of Animal Kingdom at night were beautiful. I love the photopass pic of you two in front of the Millennium Falcon. Such a great couple!

Looking forward to more!

I have been reading about the opening days at DW and it is so strange to compare to being there in December when it was quite busy. Life has changed so much in such a short time.

In my defence about the lobster roll - we live in an area of Canada that is often referred to as the Maritimes and is well know for some of the best seafood and not once in our relationship do I recall my husband being interested in lobster lol.

As we only get to DW every 2-3 years I always feel the need to try and take advantage of extra hours as much as possible. My hubby likes DW but not to the extent that I do, however he understands and respects my desire to enjoy every waking moment while we are there.

We loved the skyliner. He was just being silly in the picture 😄. It was extremely convenient going in between HS and Epcot. I had originally tried to get reservations at Pop Century so we could use it to get to the 2 Parks but I could not get the free dining plan there.

I felt sick seeing that crowd when we got to HS. I have a hard time with crowds due to anxiety (yet I love Disney World lol) and that morning was absolutely ridiculous. I felt bad for the CM's trying to do crowd control.

Glad you are enjoying the photos and thank-you so much for following along :).

Beastly74

Original Poster
Quick real world update...Today was 95 degrees and we finally made it to the beach. It is only about a 45 minute drive from our place. Water was warm and there was a nice breeze coming off the ocean.

20200713_151809 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Back to the trip...
We left HS once we exited Star Tours and DH went back to the resort and I continued on to Epcot via the Skyliner.

37 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I had a couple more pavilions I wanted to visit and I was hoping to spy a "Santa" along my route.
1st stop was UK.
39 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

40 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I found one!
41 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Then I went to Paris for lunch at Les Halles. It was insanely busy so I ended up eating by a little fountain.
042 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Found another "Santa".
45 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I tried again to see the Voices of Liberty and this time I was successful. I really enjoyed the show. I only got one blurry pic because I was worried about distracting the performers although I am sure they are used to being photographed.
44 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

After that DH texted me to tell me that he was going back to HS.

by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

DouglasE

I have been reading about the opening days at DW and it is so strange to compare to being there in December when it was quite busy. Life has changed so much in such a short time.

As we only get to DW every 2-3 years I always feel the need to try and take advantage of extra hours as much as possible. My hubby likes DW but not to the extent that I do, however he understands and respects my desire to enjoy every waking moment while we are there.

We loved the skyliner. He was just being silly in the picture 😄. It was extremely convenient going in between HS and Epcot. I had originally tried to get reservations at Pop Century so we could use it to get to the 2 Parks but I could not get the free dining plan there.

I felt sick seeing that crowd when we got to HS. I have a hard time with crowds due to anxiety (yet I love Disney World lol) and that morning was absolutely ridiculous. I felt bad for the CM's trying to do crowd control.

Glad you are enjoying the photos and thank-you so much for following along :).
I can identify with much of what you have to say. You can see how similar we are if you check out my latest trip report.

Beastly74

Original Poster
We met back up at ABC for dinner.
52 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
I think this was the shrimp teriyaki bowl and it was yummy!

53 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Then we walked through Toy Story land on our way to Galaxy's Edge.
70 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
I was happy to finally get a pic of this without people standing around.

72 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

71 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

072 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
Too cute :).

077 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

77 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We jumped in the single rider line for Millennium Falcon. I was a little nervous about going on with strangers. I ended up with a group of 5 young men who also had no idea what they were doing lol.
78 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster
We had a FP for Fantasmic next so we headed that way.

79 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
We thought this was really pretty :).

Stopped to watch the projections on TOT.
000000080 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Showtime!
000080 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
My Fave couple ♥

0080 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

080 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

80 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

000081 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

00081 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Mickey the Rock star!
0081 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I know some people don't care for this show but we love it. I think I mentioned this before in another report but the first time we saw the show in 2011 we were blown away by the crowds reaction to Mickey saving the day and this night was no different. Since 2011 we always refer to Mickey as a Rock Star when watching Fantasmic. Whenever we have been there the energy level is off the charts and it adds to the experience. We always leave with big smiles.

k8einwdw

I know some people don't care for this show but we love it. I think I mentioned this before in another report but the first time we saw the show in 2011 we were blown away by the crowds reaction to Mickey saving the day and this night was no different. Since 2011 we always refer to Mickey as a Rock Star when watching Fantasmic. Whenever we have been there the energy level is off the charts and it adds to the experience. We always leave with big smiles.
I was just telling my husband the other day that I hope they never take away Fantasmic. Wishful thinking I’m sure, as all things are bound to be replaced eventually. But “Some imagination, huh?” ...gets me every time 😭😭😭

Beastly74

Original Poster
I was just telling my husband the other day that I hope they never take away Fantasmic. Wishful thinking I’m sure, as all things are bound to be replaced eventually. But “Some imagination, huh?” ...gets me every time 😭😭😭
I feel the same. It is a must do for us.

Beastly74

Original Poster
DH had important plans after Fantasmic. Earlier in the day he had booked a reservation at Savi's Workshop. We had tried to get a reservation before the trip and while there we kept trying but were unsuccessful so finally we had gone directly to talk with someone who worked at Savi's and they were able to get one for us that evening. However, on our way I noticed that Slinky Dog had a short (ish) wait so we stopped. DH was nervous when the wait seemed to take longer than anticipated so we agreed that he should go ahead and check in for his reservation and I would join him before it started. I did not make it before the doors closed and I am pretty sure DH has still not forgiven me ;) even though I am the one who paid for his very expensive Christmas gift.

000084 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

When I finally got to the loading area for SDD the CM had a bit of a breakdown. One of the gates would not close properly so as a result the ride would not start and she decided the best course of action was to start repeatedly banging the gate before a co-worker finally came over to help. My ride partner and I just looked at each other and agreed that the poor CM really needed a break. It was weird seeing a CM get upset but I realize they are only human too. I have no idea how the majority of them keep smiling some days. I work with the public everyday and it is exhausting and Disney crowds are a whole other level.

00084 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
I enjoyed my ride 😄.

And this is the only pic that DH got of his experience. Of course it is my fault that he could not take any other pictures.
0084 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
But he did love it and would recommend it to anyone that is a fan.

We met back up and walked around HS and just enjoyed being there.
84 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

86 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

87 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

88 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

89 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

92 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

DouglasE

DH had important plans after Fantasmic. Earlier in the day he had booked a reservation at Savi's Workshop. We had tried to get a reservation before the trip and while there we kept trying but were unsuccessful so finally we had gone directly to talk with someone who worked at Savi's and they were able to get one for us that evening. However, on our way I noticed that Slinky Dog had a short (ish) wait so we stopped. DH was nervous when the wait seemed to take longer than anticipated so we agreed that he should go ahead and check in for his reservation and I would join him before it started. I did not make it before the doors closed and I am pretty sure DH has still not forgiven me ;) even though I am the one who paid for his very expensive Christmas gift.

000084 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

When I finally got to the loading area for SDD the CM had a bit of a breakdown. One of the gates would not close properly so as a result the ride would not start and she decided the best course of action was to start repeatedly banging the gate before a co-worker finally came over to help. My ride partner and I just looked at each other and agreed that the poor CM really needed a break. It was weird seeing a CM get upset but I realize they are only human too. I have no idea how the majority of them keep smiling some days. I work with the public everyday and it is exhausting and Disney crowds are a whole other level
I enjoyed my ride 😄.

And this is the only pic that DH got of his experience. Of course it is my fault that he could not take any other pictures.

But he did love it and would recommend it to anyone that is a fan.

I found the visit to ABC Commissary to be yummy surprising. The pictures looked yummy too. On my previous visit years ago I found it to be lack luster. It just goes to show that Disney Dining is always changing. In fact, at the end of last year they were doing something like you find your table after ordering and a cast member brings your meal out to your table. I believe the way they are working it these days is to use mobile ordering, if it is open.

How troublesome it must have seemed to deal with the Savi's Workshop appointment. I'm glad your husband got to go through the experience. The lead gatherer is an equity actor I believe, so they do a really nice job of it. I wonder how that all is working out now due to the conflict between equity and Disney. Besides that the workshop is a small indoor space. Don't know how I would feel in the age of social distancing to be in tight quarters with strangers even if they are masked.

Despite others' objections I agree with you. I really enjoyed my Fantasmic experience on a previous visit. However, I did one of those dining packages which guarantees you a seat. I found the area they put us to be less than desirable. I can't believe I spent money on a seat only to discover I could have had a much better view just walking in without paying a dime. Another issue was I was trying to take pictures the whole time instead of just enjoying the experience. The pictures were awful. My camera at the time could not deal with low lighting well. Never mind combining low lighting with movement.

Thank goodness that SDD CM got some assistance. It sounds like they were anticipating an angry mob with a broken down attraction. Thank goodness it all worked out ok.

Experiencing the parks after dark is really special. I think Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge especially, really shine in the evening.

Beastly74

Original Poster
I found the visit to ABC Commissary to be yummy surprising. The pictures looked yummy too. On my previous visit years ago I found it to be lack luster. It just goes to show that Disney Dining is always changing. In fact, at the end of last year they were doing something like you find your table after ordering and a cast member brings your meal out to your table. I believe the way they are working it these days is to use mobile ordering, if it is open.

How troublesome it must have seemed to deal with the Savi's Workshop appointment. I'm glad your husband got to go through the experience. The lead gatherer is an equity actor I believe, so they do a really nice job of it. I wonder how that all is working out now due to the conflict between equity and Disney. Besides that the workshop is a small indoor space. Don't know how I would feel in the age of social distancing to be in tight quarters with strangers even if they are masked.

Despite others' objections I agree with you. I really enjoyed my Fantasmic experience on a previous visit. However, I did one of those dining packages which guarantees you a seat. I found the area they put us to be less than desirable. I can't believe I spent money on a seat only to discover I could have had a much better view just walking in without paying a dime. Another issue was I was trying to take pictures the whole time instead of just enjoying the experience. The pictures were awful. My camera at the time could not deal with low lighting well. Never mind combining low lighting with movement.

Thank goodness that SDD CM got some assistance. It sounds like they were anticipating an angry mob with a broken down attraction. Thank goodness it all worked out ok.

Experiencing the parks after dark is really special. I think Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge especially, really shine in the evening.

ABC Commissary had lots of great options for a decent meal (even for someone who does not eat meat) so that was a nice surprise. Unfortunately it is lacking in atmosphere (just my opinion).

Yes, trying to get a reservation at Savi's Workshop was an exercise in frustration. The CM said that a lot of people were having issues with the app so she was very understanding and helpful. I 100% agree with being worried about social distancing in that type of scenario.

I remember in 2013 having a FP for Fantasmic and getting a prime location right in the middle. Now a FP gets us a seat way off on the left hand side. I would have thought that getting the dining package would have gotten you a much better view :confused:.

I absolutely love the parks after dark. Another favorite time is when it rains and the park clears out lol.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Monday, December 16th,

Our last full day :cry:. I had made breakfast reservations for Be Our Guest and we were running late so I didn't take any pictures until we arrived.

002 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

009 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I got the vegan breakfast and I even got my own plate of pastries. It was okay but not something I would order again.
0015 (1) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0015 (3) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0015 (2) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Before we left I had to take some pictures.
015 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

019 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

025 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

026 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

027 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

The details always amaze me. BOG is a must do for me.

Beastly74

Original Poster
When we were finished our breakfast we had a FP for BTMRR.
028 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

031 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I realized that I still had not found anything for my Mother-in-law so we shopped our way down Main Street. DH took this pic so I could send it to a friend. I have a huge collection of snowmen Christmas decorations and I wanted to know if she thought this would be a good look for me :hilarious:.

034 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We noticed that the wait for getting a PP pic in front of the Christmas tree looked reasonable (for the 1st time all week) so we jumped in line. I was adamant that we needed a picture in front of the tree before the end of our vacation.
This is what we got...
000035 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
Not quite what I was hoping for with the shadow in the middle :confused:.

Then we stopped to figure out what to do next. I wanted to watch the parade but DH wanted to continue shopping and then take his purchases back to the resort so we went our separate ways with plans to meet back up around 6.
036 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
We sat on a bench in this area to plan our afternoon.

I found a good spot on Main Street about 35 minutes before the parade and amused myself by taking pictures of the Christmas decorations.
037 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

038 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

041 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

043 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Sorry but I have a lot of parade pictures. I love the vibrancy, the music, and watching the characters interact with the guests. The only thing I don't like is having to defend my spot from people trying to sneak in at the last minute...grrrr! Bibbidi bobbidi back the heck up! I don't have anything else to say other than I hope you enjoy the pictures (even though I realize that most of you have seen hundreds of them already lol).

044 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I couldn't resist a few of my fave couple.
045 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

046 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

048 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

049 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

052 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

053 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

56 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

057 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

058 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster
Last of the parade pics (I promise 😁).

A couple more of Maleficent just because...
075 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

076 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Close up!
077 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

078 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

080 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

081 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

082 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

083 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

084 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

085 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Sad to think that we won't be able to enjoy this parade or the fireworks for quite some time :confused:. Sad that life has changed so much in such a short time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom