The DC Comics Film Thread

mf1972

They've been a train wreck since the Dark Knight Trilogy ended. That was their magnum opus and those films still hold up better than any MCU movie out there.
wonder woman is really the better movie DC put out since nolan’s triology. aquaman wasn’t bad, & i liked joker, but consider that more of a dark drama than a comic book movie.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And Snyderverse dead.

And the Rock jumping into the power vacuum shouting that his Black Adam was stronger than Superman over and over again (there's a new hierarchy of power...) felled by hubris.

Two Greek references in one post!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
And Snyderverse dead.

And the Rock jumping into the power vacuum shouting that his Black Adam was stronger than Superman over and over again (there's a new hierarchy of power...) felled by hubris.

Two Greek references in one post!
Will the Rocks iteration of B A remain or be rebooted?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Will the Rocks iteration of B A remain or be rebooted?
We don't know. But he sealed is own fate by insisting Cavil's Superman appear in the tag. And if Cavil's Superman goes... so does Black Adam.

Also, I highly doubt Gunn is impressed by Dwayne's attempted takeover of the Snyderverse and putting his character at the top of the 'hierarchy of power.'

Also, I doubt WB is impressed with Dwayne's "leak" of how BA profited in the theatrical window, when it clearly didn't. One strike for not being profitable. Two strikes for lying about it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We don't know. But he sealed is own fate by insisting Cavil's Superman appear in the tag. And if Cavil's Superman goes... so does Black Adam.

Also, I highly doubt Gunn is impressed by Dwayne's attempted takeover of the Snyderverse and putting his character at the top of the 'hierarchy of power.'

Also, I doubt WB is impressed with Dwayne's "leak" of how BA profited in the theatrical window, when it clearly didn't. One strike for not being profitable. Two strikes for lying about it.
And third his acting wasnt any better than his standard work product.

Vegas Disney Fan

"I know, let's completely start over! Maybe nobody will notice."

With the exception of Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Black Adam I couldn’t tell you who is currently playing any of the other roles anyway, I think one of DCs biggest problems is they reboot every couple years. I’ve seen half a dozen Batman’s, half a dozen Superman’s, etc, in my lifetime.

I think they’d be better off sticking with a single actor and making new stories rather than remaking the same story every couple years with a new actor.

I’d have said the same thing about Spiderman until a few years ago, I had no idea who the current actor was because they changed every couple years, Holland really revived the role though, I think DC could do the same if they got the right actors and kept them.

D.C. stands for "Diamonds into Coal" They took the most well known comic book characters in all the world and made them second rate. Hopefully things can turn around- Marvel needs good competition.

I agree, it‘s amazing that DC can take great characters and consistently make bad movies about them.

_caleb

I think they’d be better off sticking with a single actor and making new stories rather than remaking the same story every couple years with a new actor.
I think I’d prefer a third option- great stories with great characters (even if those characters are played by different actors). I like Pattinson’s Batman and Phoenix’s Joker and want more movies with them, but I don’t want them to be part of a Justice League or more MCU-type universe.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
FB_IMG_1671219325242.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom