The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In other news…
Megan and Daniel’s pup Pi is now buried in our backyard, and part of the reason I haven’t been around much lately, because of losing him.
We watched both Pumpkin and Pi many times while Megan and Daniel were out of town, so both were/are very much a part of our family as well.
They left the pups with Daniel’s mother while we all went to the coast. While she was at work one of her roommates with cognitive issues let both pups out in the front yard, instead of the back, to do their business. When the roommate snapped to 3 hours later, Pumpkin was found out in the garage dehydrated and suffering from heat exhaustion, and Pi was nowhere to be found.
Megan and Daniel went on social media, made flyers, worked with Animal Control, etc., and he was sighted a few times, but, was not able to be rounded up.
Last Thursday night, Megan got a call from a young man saying he had found Pi’s body. It appears he had been hit by a car, and had passed a few days prior. The kid recognized Pi from one of the flyers, and animal control verified it was him because he was chipped. Damn sad night, to say the least.
Megan requested that we bury him in our backyard because he loved it here as well, plus, their present home isn’t their forever home, and we couldn’t refuse that.
So, I took last Friday off to dig him a proper resting place in our backyard that morning, and we laid him to rest Friday evening.
There were many times we thought we might never know what happened to him. Obviously we never lost hope for a happier outcome, but, at least the closure brought a modicum of peace.

Anyway, not trying to bring the thread down, as we are all OK now…just trying to pay a proper tribute here to our silly little guy…!!!!! :inlove::happy:
R.I.P. Pi……..
Condolences to you and your family over the passing of Pi. Family pets contribute so much to our home life, and the loss of Pi's daily presence, must be heartbreaking. (And, so sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation, that led up to his loss.) :(

donaldtoo

Condolences to you and your family over the passing of Pi. Family pets contribute so much to our home life, and the loss of Pi's daily presence, must be heartbreaking. (And, so sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation, that led up to his loss.) :(

Thanks so very much, Minnie.
As I posted last night, we’re all OK now, but, it will always be sad, and was such a preventable and needless loss of a beloved and treasured pup.
I also forgot to mention…
When Emy first asked where Pi was when they didn’t pick him up along with Pumpkin after the coast trip, they told her he was out exploring, and same any time she asked when he’d be back after that, they said they didn’t know when he’d be done exploring, but, soon hopefully.
After they got the bad news, they told her he decided to go explore Heaven, and that we would all see him again someday. She was sad, but, seemed to accept that.
When they brought him over to be laid to rest last Friday, Daniel, Sarah, and I buried him while the rest went for a walk.
Afterwards, she was shown where his grave was, and it was explained to her that even though his soul was in Heaven, she could visit where his body rested any time she wanted, and he would know she was there, and would always know she loved him very much.
Emy liked that.
Again, thank you so very much, Minnie.

MySmallWorldof4

First off, prayers to all affected by recent weather events, and I hope no members (or their families or friends) here suffered loss.
The only craziness weather-wise for us recently is that it’s been an inordinately cool summer. Cooler than any summer in the 45+ years we’ve been back in Texas. Even the few days that have been trip-digits have only been 100-102-ish. Just so odd, and I know, petty compared to others suffering.
On the other side of that, our 2 large trees that were in our front yard succumbed to Snowmageddon 2021 and had to be taken out last week. That whole unprecedented event back in February was pretty crazy-crippling here.

In other news…
Megan and Daniel’s pup Pi is now buried in our backyard, and part of the reason I haven’t been around much lately, because of losing him.
We watched both Pumpkin and Pi many times while Megan and Daniel were out of town, so both were/are very much a part of our family as well.
They left the pups with Daniel’s mother while we all went to the coast. While she was at work one of her roommates with cognitive issues let both pups out in the front yard, instead of the back, to do their business. When the roommate snapped to 3 hours later, Pumpkin was found out in the garage dehydrated and suffering from heat exhaustion, and Pi was nowhere to be found.
Megan and Daniel went on social media, made flyers, worked with Animal Control, etc., and he was sighted a few times, but, was not able to be rounded up.
Last Thursday night, Megan got a call from a young man saying he had found Pi’s body. It appears he had been hit by a car, and had passed a few days prior. The kid recognized Pi from one of the flyers, and animal control verified it was him because he was chipped. Damn sad night, to say the least.
Megan requested that we bury him in our backyard because he loved it here as well, plus, their present home isn’t their forever home, and we couldn’t refuse that.
So, I took last Friday off to dig him a proper resting place in our backyard that morning, and we laid him to rest Friday evening.
There were many times we thought we might never know what happened to him. Obviously we never lost hope for a happier outcome, but, at least the closure brought a modicum of peace.

Anyway, not trying to bring the thread down, as we are all OK now…just trying to pay a proper tribute here to our silly little guy…!!!!! :inlove::happy:
R.I.P. Pi……..

View attachment 584567View attachment 584568
I am so sorry. What a beautiful little pup.

MySmallWorldof4

As I posted last night, we’re all OK now, but, it will always be sad, and was such a preventable and needless loss of a beloved and treasured pup.
When Emy first asked where Pi was when they didn’t pick him up along with Pumpkin after the coast trip, they told her he was out exploring, and same any time she asked when he’d be back after that, they said they didn’t know when he’d be done exploring, but, soon hopefully.
After they got the bad news, they told her he decided to go explore Heaven, and that we would all see him again someday. She was sad, but, seemed to accept that.
When they brought him over to be laid to rest last Friday, Daniel, Sarah, and I buried him while the rest went for a walk.
Afterwards, she was shown where his grave was, and it was explained to her that even though his soul was in Heaven, she could visit where his body rested any time she wanted, and he would know she was there, and would always know she loved him very much.
Emy liked that.
😭

Tony the Tigger

Emy liked that.
😭

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom