The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Rant: The past few days the commercials on the site are out of hand. I get commercial videos that block (or semi-block the sides of posts, etc. Sometimes when I click on the emoticons at the top, and ad will come on that blocks my access to them, etc.

Losing my mind over these invasive ads -- it was never this bad before. (I never minded the regular static ads -- but the "moving" ones all over the screen are ticking me off.:banghead:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Rant: The past few days the commercials on the site are out of hand. I get commercial videos that block (or semi-block the sides of posts, etc. Sometimes when I click on the emoticons at the top, and ad will come on that blocks my access to them, etc.

Losing my mind over these invasive ads -- it was never this bad before. (I never minded the regular static ads -- but the "moving" ones all over the screen are ticking me off.:banghead:
They're a pita when trying to log in. :(

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Agreed!! It's freaking awful. I looked up how much it would cost to be a premium member with no ads and it was a higher than I can justify right now.

Just right now trying to type this, seven ads have popped up OVER the area in trying to type on.

Starting to think @wdwmagic doesn't want us non paying riffraff around 😂😂

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Unfortunately the ad world is moving to animations and video for nearly all of their inventory. Nobody wants to do static images anymore.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Agreed!! It's freaking awful. I looked up how much it would cost to be a premium member with no ads and it was a higher than I can justify right now.

Just right now trying to type this, seven ads have popped up OVER the area in trying to type on.

Starting to think @wdwmagic doesn't want us non paying riffraff around 😂😂
That sounds like a problem.

What device and browser are you on?

93boomer

Premium Member

Me too! 😡

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
That sounds like a problem.

What device and browser are you on?

Android

The beach ball one, ... Chrome?

Started a couple months ago with the ones that pop up and block your whole screen. At that point you have to refresh the page a few times until it goes away. The new ones that pop up at the bottom of the screen with the x just started in the last couple days. They go over the typing box and when you close them it's almost immediate that another one comes up

View attachment 548005

This is what I mean by they block the whole screen and they move with you. You cannot scroll past them

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Android

The beach ball one, ... Chrome?

Started a couple months ago with the ones that pop up and block your whole screen. At that point you have to refresh the page a few times until it goes away. The new ones that pop up at the bottom of the screen with the x just started in the last couple days. They go over the typing box and when you close them it's almost immediate that another one comes up

View attachment 548005

This is what I mean by they block the whole screen and they move with you. You cannot scroll past them
Let me know if you see this starting from now. Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom