The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

I think it is like any medicine or vaccine. Some people may get adversely affected and others don’t.
Yeah that's what I was telling my bestie yesterday on the phone. She's nervous about getting it, but she's a massage therapist, so I think she really should get it. Which is hard to say to someone because I'm debating getting it myself because of the allergic reaction risk, but I work from home.

Songbird76

Yes. It is hard on the parents and kids when you see a mistake. I am one to nit pick and try and figure out what happened. Luckily one of my friends is a coach and she always sets me straight. 😉 I just make sure to be positive with my kid when she comes off the floor. She was upset on Sunday after her first team had two falls. (Her stunt group being one). Told her she had to be 100% there for her next team and she needed to get herself together. I was so proud of her that she did and the second teams routine was perfect.
It sounds like she's good at taking direction and learning from her mistakes. That's a valuable skill! A lot of kids her age aren't that invested in it, but I suppose at the level at which your daughter is competing, they have to be pretty serious about it.

Songbird76

Sounds like they were being too strict about the groups and it all got muddled up in bureaucracy.
Yep, that plus them stopping the AZ, which scared people, so people are just not showing up for appointments. The combination of those two things...scaring away those who are eligible, and not making up for it with more eligibility. I'm anxious to see what they come up with in the new schedule.

Songbird76

FYI. FDA and CDC have ordered a halt to the J&J vaccine due to recipients developing a rare disorder involving blood clots. @Songbird76
Oh did they verify that? Last week, they were saying they had to look into whether there was a connection. That's the problem with the AZ one, too, but the number of people who developed trombosis is sooooo small.

wdwfan4ver

FYI. FDA and CDC have ordered a halt to the J&J vaccine due to recipients developing a rare disorder involving blood clots. @Songbird76
I have an aunt got that one. She does not have any side effects so far and it has been a week since her vaccine. I want to known if those mall amount of cases had underlining problems before getting the vaccine.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yeah that's what I was telling my bestie yesterday on the phone. She's nervous about getting it, but she's a massage therapist, so I think she really should get it. Which is hard to say to someone because I'm debating getting it myself because of the allergic reaction risk, but I work from home.

I would think a massage therapist should get one as soon as possible, that job has a lot of close contact.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
That's what I think too, but she's nervous about it, and she's tired of everyone pressuring her one way or the other, so I have to go about it very gently.

I suspect she will get it when she is ready. My dad was set against getting it (he is 84). He claimed he didn't go anywhere so he didn't need it, then he read an article about people with O blood not being as likely to get Covid so in his mind he didn't need it. I stopped asking him and said fine, "You're an adult make your own decisions" and a week or so after that he made his appointment for the vaccine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom