The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
It's intentional. Most of us can hardly wait to get aged so we can inflict some of the frustration that our kids inflicted on us for 20 years (and beyond). In short, it is payback time. There are only two rewards with aging, one is AARP discounts and the second is messing with the minds of our children. Otherwise none of us would want to get old. It is looked at as a reward.
At least I have that to look forward to:D:D:D

Tony the Tigger

Vaccines booked for Monday morning at Publix! I believe it’s Moderna, which is the one I wanted.

This was a lot like when I book our Disney FP’s 😂😂 and as usual, Brian is not involved lol.

Second appointment is one month from today.

Now, in the middle of my busy work Friday, I have to get our primary doctor to sign our high risk papers asap!
Brian called primary's office. We pre-filled out the forms, but supposedly they "don't think they can sign it" today.

Appointment at Publix is 9:30AM on Monday and Dr. is closed all weekend. What the actual...?

Debating how far to take this. We are waiting for a call back. That could take all day. We have to go to work. I think I just need to stop over there with the papers and ask them to sign. It's simple, it just says we are vulnerable. I have asthma, he has diabetes, this is not hard. Two minutes.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Brian called primary's office. We pre-filled out the forms, but supposedly they "don't think they can sign it" today.

Appointment at Publix is 9:30AM on Monday and Dr. is closed all weekend. What the actual...?

Debating how far to take this. We are waiting for a call back. That could take all day. We have to go to work. I think I just need to stop over there with the papers and ask them to sign. It's simple, it just says we are vulnerable. I have asthma, he has diabetes, this is not hard. Two minutes.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
1614959444274.png

Songbird76

The story behind the name change. Most of you call me figgy anyway but there is a short story behind the official change. @DisneyDebNJ dubbed me figgy back in the day and tomorrow would have been her birthday. It's my little way of keeping her here even though she isn't with us any more:(
200.gif

MouseDreaming

Marching over there sounds like your best option. I am not sure what else you would do.

Tony the Tigger

Marching over there sounds like your best option. I am not sure what else you would do.
After a couple of hours, I called the Doc's office myself. I said, "My husband called this morning, and seems to think you won't be able to do this today. That didn't sound right to me, so I wanted to call in and clarify." I mentioned there was no time because our appointments were early Monday morning, and how hard it was to get that appointment, etc. Receptionist suggested she may be able to get a nurse to do it, put me on hold for about 10 minutes, came back and said there was no way to do it now, someone could do it at the end of the day when they are done seeing patients.

So I suggested: what if we drop them off now, and you can fill them out whenever, and we can pick them up first thing Monday morning?

"Oh, we can do that!"

Duh!

So I dropped them off with a note mentioning who had what condition, and fingers crossed it all gets done. She said she would call me when they were done today.

Let's see how it goes!

Last edited:

Songbird76

After a couple of hours, I called myself. I said, "My husband called this morning, and seems to think you won't be able to do this today. That didn't sound right to me, so I wanted to call in and clarify." I mentioned there was no time because our appointments were early Monday morning, and how hard it was to get that appointment, etc. Receptionist suggested she may be able to get a nurse to do it, put me on hold for about 10 minutes, came back and said there was no way to do it now, someone could do it at the end of the day when they are done seeing patients.

So I suggested: what if we drop them off now, and you can fill them out whenever, and we can pick them up first thing Monday morning?

"Oh, we can do that!"

Duh!

So I dropped them off with a note mentioning who had what condition, and fingers crossed it all gets done. She said she would call me when they were done today.

Let's see how it goes!
I hope it works out. I was going to suggest going there because it's harder to say no in person than over the phone. Once you put a face on it, it makes it more personal, and people have a harder time saying no.

donaldtoo

Vaccines booked for Monday morning at Publix! I believe it’s Moderna, which is the one I wanted.

This was a lot like when I book our Disney FP’s 😂😂 and as usual, Brian is not involved lol.

Second appointment is one month from today.

Now, in the middle of my busy work Friday, I have to get our primary doctor to sign our high risk papers asap!

Awesome...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
The EMT’s that administered our vacs told us to schedule the second dose between 28 and 42 days later.
We have to do the online appt. process again, but, since we’ve already had the first dose, they’ll make sure we get the second one in a timely manner...!!! :)

Goofyernmost

Our news here said this morning that Texas is throwing out all regulations. Everything is opening back up.
North Carolina is using the step method in the process. We have not changed anything in the mask wearing department, but have increased the percentage of people allowed in public locations like restaurants, stores and movies and the numbers of people that are permitted to gather in groups. Nothing else changed. Our governor has taken a lot of flack for his tendency to slowly open things back up, but so far our hospitalizations and deaths have dropped like a rock. So far there has been limited whining about the restrictions because all of us are tired of this pandemic thing and want to do our part to have it end. If the dropping of all restrictions works in Texas that might be the the indication that we are coming out of it, but I'm not sure they would let us know if it spiked again.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom