The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

I see you got your answer! 🤗

If you are ever in a
Pickle again know there is
A Car/automotive sub forum
That is part of the General Chat.

View attachment 526229
@Gabe1 Thank you. I was aware of that forum but it is not heavily viewed..and I have friends here.
Here is a sample thread of mine on that forum....

Last edited:

donaldtoo

I thought I would share something I thought you guys would apprecicate....Today was the last day of the quarter for my middle school students today so I decided to play some online trivia (Kahoot) game with them. I picked the topic of the first round and then the winner of the round got to pick the next topic (I gave them a list of vetted topic/games). So naturally I picked Disney movies as the first topic and a question about Wall-e came up and I mentioned that I did not like Wall-e and I couldn't believe all all the boos I got. So many of my students love that movie! I couldn't believe it!

It was different, but, I liked it because of how “Wall-E” learned over time. It was sad in many ways, but, I also still love “Up” and it was sad in many ways as well. I absolutely love fun comedy over anything mostly, but, I also love things that are more grounded in real life-ish sometimes. I watched “Band of Brothers” marathon this evenin’ for some time.
As I indicated, I would prefer comedy, but, there are sometimes I like to remind myself of the basics of what’s actually important to me...not necessarily to anyone else...!!! ;)

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
It was different, but, I liked it because of how “Wall-E” learned over time. It was sad in many ways, but, I also still love “Up” and it was sad in many ways as well. I absolutely love fun comedy over anything mostly, but, I also love things that are more grounded in real life-ish sometimes. I watched “Band of Brothers” marathon this evenin’ for some time.
As I indicated, I would prefer comedy, but, there are sometimes I like to remind myself of the basics of what’s actually important to me...not necessarily to anyone else...!!! ;)

Wall-e might be my favorite Disney movie of all time. "You plant these in the ground and they grow things like pizza!!"

Goofyernmost

Hubs drove a car at 8. :hilarious: No, he didn't have a car. He "borrowed" the neighbor's car, and took it for a spin down the road. :p (Let that be a lesson to folks who live in rural areas -- it's not as safe as you think, leaving your keys in the ignition.) :joyfull:
That's about the age I was. My uncle had a jeep (not registered) and he let me drive it around the fields behind his house. After a few days he let me drive his car. I don't remember the year of it but it must have been circa 56 Plymouth I think. They lived on a gravel road in the country and he let me drive from the village to their house.

Two years later was when I snuck into my dad's trucking company and backed a tractor trailer out of the garage stall, drove it around the building and parked it back in the garage. After my Dad found out about it, instead of being angry he gave me the job of plowing snow and clearing the paved area around that truck barn and our driveway (right next door) in the winter. I couldn't drive into the road so I figured out how to clear the entrance without actually having to go into the road. I used to play around in the truck yard with the pickup plow. Skidding around in circles on the snow. That prepared me quite well for driving on the highways in snow and ice. My dad had been a truck driver before he went into management, so I guess some of it was in my blood, if there is such a thing.

Believe me there was a time they couldn't possibly find enough highway between me and my destination to tire me out. I still like road trips which is why I drive to Disney whenever I go. I was so stir crazy this summer during the Pandemic that I made a mini road trip from Raleigh to I-95 and headed North until just before Richmond, Virginia where I got onto I-85 back to Durham and back down to my place in Raleigh. A total of 328 miles, just for a ride. Had breakfast at home, lunch on the road and dinner back home. It's a wonder that my kids didn't place me in a home, after I told them about my "great adventure". I don't tell them anymore! ;) 😇

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom