The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Um, just sayin ...

Maybe suggest your dad switch to buying these, and then he can get rid of all the rods! :joyfull:

View attachment 526204

No way would he EVER go for that, as he grew up on the farm, not only doin’ farm work, but, also huntin’ and fishin’.
Once he left the farm after graduatin’ high school when he was 18, for the sprawlin’ metroplex :hilarious: of “Ol’ San Antone”, Texas, he gravitated more towards fishin’, as areas to hunt were further away. Pretty sure he wouldn’t mind goin’ to that “Ol fishin’ hole in the sky” (although we pray that’s still many years away) right after he hauls in the big one on a fishin’ trip...!!!!! :hilarious:

donaldtoo

O.k. My recipe: dump some ground beef into frying pan, and throw some Italian McCormick seasoning in the pan.

Then, put a white rice, boil-n-bag into boiling water and boil for 10 minutes. When done, mix in with the cooked burger in frying pan.

Cut off tops of peppers and dump rice/beef mixture inside each, and dump a jar of tomato sauce over it.

Then, fling some grated cheese on top. Cover and cook in 400 oven for 45-50 minutes. Then you can eat it. :D

:joyfull:
That’s pretty much the way we do the stuffed bell peppers too...!!!!! :hilarious:
Tonight we’re havin’ chicken pot pie, and tomorrow is stuffed bell peppers, that was planned earlier this week...!!!!! :D:hilarious::hungry:

SteveBrickNJ

donaldtoo

You're welcome to come with, any time💖

Would love to stow away (any excuse to get to Disney :hilarious:) on y’all’s upcoming trip, but, as I posted earlier, that would be seen as a “solo” trip and the fam would excommunicate me...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
Have never met any fellow WDW Magic members from here at Disney, but, would love to...our next trip is planned for early November of this year after our next granddaughter gets here, and I’m not sure who else here may be there then, but, a meetup with any fellow members would be very cool...!!! :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Great dinner @93boomer! I decided to try breaded pork chops from the supermarket. The portion was so big that what you see is only half. Glad I liked it because I will have the other half for dinner tomorrow.View attachment 526213
Yummy!!!

I can usually judge the size of a
Portion by simply looking at the plate. I’ve looked and my DD looked-we can’t figure out the plate itself. Help anyone?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
O.k. My recipe: dump some ground beef into frying pan, and throw some Italian McCormick seasoning in the pan.

Then, put a white rice, boil-n-bag into boiling water and boil for 10 minutes. When done, mix in with the cooked burger in frying pan.

Cut off tops of peppers and dump rice/beef mixture inside each, and dump a jar of tomato sauce over it.

Then, fling some grated cheese on top. Cover and cook in 400 oven for 45-50 minutes. Then you can eat it. :D
I just love you! Make
Me smile and
Laugh. Dump, throw Eat.
Priceless.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Is the student whose English needed improvement, still in your class (virtual or otherwise)? I've heard that some of the virtual learning was a challenge for a number of students, and was just wondering how that particular boy was doing. (Also, I realize that it's a challenge for you as well, trying to teach all the kids, using virtual learning--either full time, or in a hybrid model. Most schools in my area have gone all virtual until further notice.)

Thanks for asking. That particular student isn't in our district anymore. Around Thanksgiving his guardian lost his job so they had to move, we found out when we returned from the Thanksgiving break. My school also went completely virtual on the return from Thanksgiving until Christmas break but we are back face to face now except for those choosing to be virtual which isn't many. I won't lie (even if it sounds bad) in many ways it was a relief to have him move, I was doing a ton of work to teach him since I had basically no support or resources and teaching him virtually would have be insanely difficult. He did move to a larger district that has a program that should help him so I am very thankful that he might actually get the help and education he deserves now. I do still have a couple Spanish/English speaking 8th grade girl but they do not need the extra help that he did, they are basically at grade level in all their subjects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom