The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
They can't be selling it real wide, because all I ever get are the warrantee ones.
Yup, that's what I was referring to -- the car warranty spam calls that have been received in many states over the past year or even longer. (Here, they've been calling for about a year, off and on.) Time for them to get a new gig! :p

Songbird76

We didn’t take our first family trip to WDW until our youngest was about 2 months shy of 7 years old, so we didn’t need car seats or strollers.
When our 3 kiddos were younger (again, only about 3 years and 2 months apart in age) we made a lot of visits to Sea World San Antonio, the San Antonio Zoo, etc. We had a larger stroller that could fit 2 and always had an umbrella stroller.
When Megan, Daniel, Emmy, and I did our fly in in the mornin’, fly out in the evenin’, one day WDW MK “Worldwind” trip on Oct. 29th of ‘19, they had a stroller/car seat combo thing. With JetBlue, you left your stroller at the end of the jetway, just before you boarded the plane, and they stored it. At the end of our flights, it was waiting in the same place for us to claim.
We did Lyft or Uber (can’t remember which 🤔) to and from the airport, and you just simply detached the car seat from the stroller chassis...such a cool thing...!!! :)
Yes, I've seen those, and they are very cool, but I think those are only for infants. Once your kid hits the next size up of carseat, that doesn't work anymore. My kids were both in the toddler seats by the time we took our trip. A was 2 and a half and E was 4. So they still needed car seats and now that I think about it, we only had one stroller. E could walk through the airport herself where A needed the stroller sometimes. We stayed with friends in Florida who had a 2nd stroller we used in Disney for E if her legs got tired, but we only had the one of our own in the airport. It was still hard to juggle though. But even with the detachable seat kind you described, you still have all the luggage and the carryons and everything, along with pushing the stroller, and if you have more than one kid, you also have their stuff.

We had these suitcases that were on wheels, but they didn't have the pull out handles like the ones now do...I hated these. They only had 2 wheels on the one corner and a little hand grip thing on the side, so all the weight was on your hand and they got SO heavy after a few minutes, like when you are carrying heavy grocery bags by the loops. By the time we walked the km from the parking lot to the airport entrance, our hands were all red and stripey. And we couldn't stack other stuff on top of them. With the newer models, you can pull out the handle and slip the loops of a backpack or laptop bag over the handle so you can carry both with the one handle. With these, since it was just a grip on the side, you couldn't do that. So you had to have one hand to carry the suitcase, one to push the stroller, and somehow carry the other stuff. That's why my husband had to make 2 trips. Had we known there wouldn't be carts to use, he would have just dropped the kids and I and all the luggage off in the drop off zone before he parked the car in the long term lot.

Figgy1

Premium Member
@figmentfan423 Three words. Fleece-lined-leggings.
They are awesome!!!! You need to make yourself some. I cheated and bought them on Amazon.
I still have the ones I got from Rainbow Shops of all places. I bought a stack on a mega sale plus discount we get. Between the sale, BOGO and discount they worked out to just about $3 a pair if that. Walmart also sells them in the kid's department;) French terry leggings are also nice;)

donaldtoo

Yes, I've seen those, and they are very cool, but I think those are only for infants. Once your kid hits the next size up of carseat, that doesn't work anymore. My kids were both in the toddler seats by the time we took our trip. A was 2 and a half and E was 4. So they still needed car seats and now that I think about it, we only had one stroller. E could walk through the airport herself where A needed the stroller sometimes. We stayed with friends in Florida who had a 2nd stroller we used in Disney for E if her legs got tired, but we only had the one of our own in the airport. It was still hard to juggle though. But even with the detachable seat kind you described, you still have all the luggage and the carryons and everything, along with pushing the stroller, and if you have more than one kid, you also have their stuff.

We had these suitcases that were on wheels, but they didn't have the pull out handles like the ones now do...I hated these. They only had 2 wheels on the one corner and a little hand grip thing on the side, so all the weight was on your hand and they got SO heavy after a few minutes, like when you are carrying heavy grocery bags by the loops. By the time we walked the km from the parking lot to the airport entrance, our hands were all red and stripey. And we couldn't stack other stuff on top of them. With the newer models, you can pull out the handle and slip the loops of a backpack or laptop bag over the handle so you can carry both with the one handle. With these, since it was just a grip on the side, you couldn't do that. So you had to have one hand to carry the suitcase, one to push the stroller, and somehow carry the other stuff. That's why my husband had to make 2 trips. Had we known there wouldn't be carts to use, he would have just dropped the kids and I and all the luggage off in the drop off zone before he parked the car in the long term lot.

First world probs..!!! ;)
I get all that, and it sounds like a pain, although we did similar in other situations with 3 young kiddos.
I was simply relating that the only thing we had on that in and out one day trip was the stroller combo...no luggage, no resort, no ADR’s, no fast passes, etc., etc., etc., and it will remain one of my most memorable trips as long as I live...!!!!!!! :joyfull::happy:
I just hear sooo many stories of folks bein’ so very stressed out about their Disney (or otherwise) vacations (also in so many Disney TRs), that I just hafta’ roll my eyes sometimes...many here make it sound more stressful than their jobs...what the hell kinda’ “vacation” is that...???!!!!! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom