The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
This is actually good to know. I also learned from someone else that their vet does drive-up visits, where the tech comes out to the car and then brings in the pet to the clinic. So apparently, this is rather common now. It just seems so strange after years of taking pets to the vet, and being there in the exam room. Oh well.

The vet clinic, at the start of the shut down, did come out and got the animals out of the car but now they have changed that to leaving the animal in the entry way. I like that better because we can put her in the building and stand outside the door and wait (and watch through the glass door) for them to get her and it is totally safe Covid-wise and for our pup not to get lost and run away or something.

BAChicagoGal

What I don't get is that you said she had two cats, and had to put one down....so she still has one, yes? But now she's gotten a doctor's note that says she needs a support animal. She already has one, doesn't she? So don't you have the right as a landlord to say, "ok, I'll obey the law...you may have one animal for emotional support. If you get an emotional support animal, you'll need to find a home for the cat that's NOT a support animal. OR you can keep the cat you have as a support animal, but no additional pets"? I don't think there's any law that says a person has to be allowed as many support animals as they want.

Edit: And stop lending her money for the cats!! If she's short one month, she can choose between feeding her cats or paying complete rent. If she doesn't pay complete rent, then after so many times, she's evicted...that's how it is supposed to work. If she can't afford to pay for the cats, then she needs a cheaper place to live, or she needs to get rid of them....they are not your responsibility. It must be so frustrating for you....you don't want to be mean, but you also don't want to be taken advantage of. Can you kind of force her to move by adding in costs like a maintenance fee for pets? I know a lot of properties have fees for each pet you have, outside of the standard monthly rent. There are probably laws about how much you are allowed to raise the monthly rent, but you could possibly get around that by adding the maintenance fee for the pets. If it's too much for her income, she'd be forced to look for another place that was within that income. Or is there some sort of subsidy for people with support animals to pay for their vet bills and food, etc? If she had a subsidy for that, she wouldn't need to borrow it from you. And since the doctor says it's medically necessary for her to have the pet, it should be covered under insurance or something. You can't require a landlord to provide for a pet that isn't theirs. If she needs a cat, okay, but she has to come up with the means to provide for it. Just like children....if you have children and don't provide adequate shelter, food, etc, they get taken away. I'm sure that's not what you want to do, but it sounds like she's not really being responsible and she's treating you like an indulgent parent rather than her landlord. She's not respecting boundaries.
Let me give you some history about my tenant. My husband was her friend, from work, and he's the one that rented to her in the first place. I have always found the woman annoying, but over these many years, I just made the best of it. However, recently, she's gotten quite nasty. Her Social Security isn't much, and after she pays the rent, she doesn't have much. She never borrows directly from me, she asks my husband. His problem, is he never says "NO". However, lately, he's finally starting to understand my resentment, and my anymosity toward her. Of course, I agree with your points. She claims she is searching for senior housing. I hope to see her gone in early 2021. My husband and I argue about her, and that is another reason I want her gone. I hope you understand my Point Of View.

Cesar R M

so... Disney conference results..

Thats a lot of products to release!
Tons of series based on Star Wars, Marvel and Disney.. (how the hell they will produce 4 animated series at same time ?)
Looking forward to Star War's Rogue Squadron by Taiki.

donaldtoo

@donaldtoo , and others -- we'll just add this to the list of lousey news in 2020.

Yep, saw that news Tuesday morning, as well. Sad.
But, he did live one hechuva’ long and amazingly productive life, especially considering what he did for a living.
I remember him in a cameo playing Fred the bartender at “Pancho’s Place” in the movie “The Right Stuff”.
R.I.P., General Yeager.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Dang I did not realize this thread was so sensitive, so no discussing fast food or vinyl records?
How do the folks feel about consuming alcohol...maybe silently while hungry? OK that's just me being silly. I don't drink.
This is where I popped in last Sunday And promptly left after reading two pages of drama.

A winking emoji isn’t a get out of jail free card or implied pardon. Rule of thumb if a wink-er needs to be quoted to justify what was posted it likely shouldn’t be posted. There is little we haven’t spoken of on chat. Sure there are Pride threads, pet threads, what are you drinking threads, food threads, grandkids and baby threads. But if we all banished each other to go to a different thread there would be nothing to chat about Here just baby and pet photos.

And on that note here is Carl who snuck away to go upstairs to my sons Loft. His humans each thought he was with the other. Son went up the stairs and was startled by Carl, Carl also is not allowed on any furniture.

51BC5B9F-C39E-4287-BAC0-05153AFAFA7B.jpeg

CARL: Maybe if I hold real still He won’t notice me.

Figgy1

Premium Member
This is where I popped in last Sunday And promptly left after reading two pages of drama.

A winking emoji isn’t a get out of jail free card or implied pardon. Rule of thumb if a wink-er needs to be quoted to justify what was posted it likely shouldn’t be posted. There is little we haven’t spoken of on chat. Sure there are Pride threads, pet threads, what are you drinking threads, food threads, grandkids and baby threads. But if we all banished each other to go to a different thread there would be nothing to chat about Here just baby and pet photos.

And on that note here is Carl who snuck away to go upstairs to my sons Loft. His humans each thought he was with the other. Son went up the stairs and was startled by Carl, Carl also is not allowed on any furniture.

View attachment 518199

He's a beautiful dog but where's the fluffy puppy named Carl?

Songbird76

They did when I was a kid also. Yes, they had radio and even primitive TV back then. One of my longest lasting childhood memories was laying on my bed and listening to the radio while Santa said my name and read off what I had on my list. You didn't know when he was going to read it, so you had to listen to it every night leading up to Christmas so you wouldn't miss yours. It was only read once. You missed it and you've missed it forever.

Speaking of memories, this conversation brought back another one. I wasn't in school yet, so I must have been about 5 years old. I remember when we were driving home from my Grandmothers on Christmas Eve, there was no snow on the ground and I was panicking. I kept asking how Santa was going to fly in with his sled and reindeer with no snow. My parents kept trying to assure me that he also had wheels on the sled so in the event of no snow he could still make it work. A couple years earlier I was upset because we didn't have a fireplace. My parents told me that they were just going to leave the front door unlocked so Santa could get in. Funny the things one remembers for 67 years.
Awwww...so sweet! When I was 7, got the chicken pox right after my birthday and had to miss the Christmas Concert. I remember being so upset and worried because we had had the dress rehearsal at school the day before and had been told to look at who was standing to our right and to our left so we could remember our place in line and if I wasn't there, how were Darryl and whoever was standing on my right going to know where to stand?? Then a week or so later was Christmas and my brother had caught the chicken pox from me, so he had to stay home from the Christmas service at church. Santa always brought our presents while we were at church, but he couldn't leave the presents if my brother was home because he wouldn't be asleep and santa can't be seen! How were we going to get our presents if my brother was there! Somehow, when we got home, the presents were there, under the tree. I still have no idea because my brother swore he didn't see anything, but he may have already known about Santa.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So this season's odd shortage is now the classic round ornaments for Christmas trees. 😳 Some years, I decorate the tree the same way as the past. Other years. I change it up. and I picked the wrong year, 2020, :rolleyes: , to assume I could do this easily. 🤦‍♀️

My hunch is because there was an increased demand on Christmas trees this year, and maybe some people were decorating for the first time, that certain items were bought out. (Checked the 3 Target stores in my vicinity, 2 Kohls, and 2 Michaels.) :banghead:

Songbird76

Let me give you some history about my tenant. My husband was her friend, from work, and he's the one that rented to her in the first place. I have always found the woman annoying, but over these many years, I just made the best of it. However, recently, she's gotten quite nasty. Her Social Security isn't much, and after she pays the rent, she doesn't have much. She never borrows directly from me, she asks my husband. His problem, is he never says "NO". However, lately, he's finally starting to understand my resentment, and my anymosity toward her. Of course, I agree with your points. She claims she is searching for senior housing. I hope to see her gone in early 2021. My husband and I argue about her, and that is another reason I want her gone. I hope you understand my Point Of View.
I'm so sorry you are in that situation. I didn't realize it was your husband she asks for money. She probably goes to him because he's the one she was friends with, and he's the one she made the rental agreement with. Didn't you have problems with rats or squirrels or something because she left the catfood out? Does your husband make excuses for her? That must be so hard to be at odds with him about this. And I know right now, there is huge pressure on landlords not to evict tenants for failure to pay because so many people lost their jobs with Covid. But I'm sure her financial situation hasn't changed, because she's retired...she still gets her check every month from social security. I guess the biggest question is can you afford to lose the money she asks for? I understand it's the principle of the thing...it's not fair to you. BUT, if it isn't going to hurt you where you can't pay your bills, and your husband still considers her a friend, maybe you can just look at it like a charitable donation? And then if there's something you buy that your husband gets upset about, you can always just tell him "Well, you spend your money on the tenant's cats....I spend mine on <insert item here>". Definitely not an ideal situation. If she moves out, will you get another tenant?

Songbird76

View attachment 518199

HAHA!!! He looks like he knows he's busted!! Such a guilty expression!

Goofyernmost

Awwww...so sweet! When I was 7, got the chicken pox right after my birthday and had to miss the Christmas Concert. I remember being so upset and worried because we had had the dress rehearsal at school the day before and had been told to look at who was standing to our right and to our left so we could remember our place in line and if I wasn't there, how were Darryl and whoever was standing on my right going to know where to stand?? Then a week or so later was Christmas and my brother had caught the chicken pox from me, so he had to stay home from the Christmas service at church. Santa always brought our presents while we were at church, but he couldn't leave the presents if my brother was home because he wouldn't be asleep and santa can't be seen! How were we going to get our presents if my brother was there! Somehow, when we got home, the presents were there, under the tree. I still have no idea because my brother swore he didn't see anything, but he may have already known about Santa.
I stopped decorating or putting up a full size tree shortly after my wife left. The kids were on their own and just starting out in their marriages. I went a few years without even putting out my now famous Santa ornament. From the time I got out of the service until about 20 years ago I worked in either Retail or Advertising so this time of year was always when I had to work the hardest and spend the least amount of time with my family. I really grew to dislike the season intently.

Every year I used to put up a tree and use multi-colored (coloured, for those loyal to the Queen) lights, but when I was growing up my Father loved all blue lights so every other year it was blue. I found as an adult that I kind of missed that change up so I started to do the same thing. You've seen my 2.5 foot tall tree with built in multi-colored light and have no plans to do anymore then that. Sometimes I don't even do that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom