The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

Apparently, I have been driving some people in my house crazy with my nearly constant Christmas music, but we are kinda ready for Hanukkah. Yesterday cleaned the menorah up, got the groceries. When I was at the store, I couldn't figure out why there are no hash browns, completely sold out. Then I realized, I must be one of the few making latkes (potato pancakes) from scratch. Lucky boys in my house. Cooking begins tomorrow, with the big dinner on Saturday.

MouseDreaming

Better to be safe than sorry, though I'm sorry you don't get your day off. They are telling us we'll get vaccinated before the Summer or during it, because we're high risk, IF all the producers of the vaccine are done on time and they are considered safe. Do you all know when you'll be able to get it, if you want to be vaccinated?
Nope. But, fingers crossed DD can at least have a prom for senior year.

Tony the Tigger

Better to be safe than sorry, though I'm sorry you don't get your day off. They are telling us we'll get vaccinated before the Summer or during it, because we're high risk, IF all the producers of the vaccine are done on time and they are considered safe. Do you all know when you'll be able to get it, if you want to be vaccinated?
We are both high risk, but it won’t mean front of the line here.
Edit: I also hope you don't get it!! How much contact did you have with him last time you saw him?
He was off that day, but stopped by to drop something off. I was looking at (haven’t discussed this yet) the recently available space next door to one of my stores for possible expansion. It’s about 500 sq ft. I took each of my scheduled employees in there one by one for opinions and ideas. Since he was on site, I gave him a tour as well, maybe ten minutes.

Several times since March, I have felt a certain malaise or a tickle and almost convinced myself I had it. My two tests in the last two months were both negative.

Today I’m unusually tired. Wish I wasn’t, because I’m dwelling on it and analyzing every move lol.

Songbird76

We are both high risk, but it won’t mean front of the line here.

He was off that day, but stopped by to drop something off. I was looking at (haven’t discussed this yet) the recently available space next door to one of my stores for possible expansion. It’s about 500 sq ft. I took each of my scheduled employees in there one by one for opinions and ideas. Since he was on site, I gave him a tour as well, maybe ten minutes.

Several times since March, I have felt a certain malaise or a tickle and almost convinced myself I had it. My two tests in the last two months were both negative.

Today I’m unusually tired. Wish I wasn’t, because I’m dwelling on it and analyzing every move lol.
Well, I'm obviously not a doctor, but over here the guideline is if you've had 15 minutes of exposure where you are closer than 6 feet, you should quarantine. But less than 15 minutes and distanced is thought to be lower risk. I hope you are ok. I'm not surprised you are tired though...you've been through the wringer the last couple of weeks. Is this guy going to get tested again now that he's not feeling well?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
sounds a bit similar to our vet, instead we leave the dog in their little entryway.

This is actually good to know. I also learned from someone else that their vet does drive-up visits, where the tech comes out to the car and then brings in the pet to the clinic. So apparently, this is rather common now. It just seems so strange after years of taking pets to the vet, and being there in the exam room. Oh well.

Goofyernmost

Oh fun... now I have that song “I want a hippopotamus for Christmas “ in my head. 🤦🏻‍♀️They play it all the time!🤣
They did when I was a kid also. Yes, they had radio and even primitive TV back then. One of my longest lasting childhood memories was laying on my bed and listening to the radio while Santa said my name and read off what I had on my list. You didn't know when he was going to read it, so you had to listen to it every night leading up to Christmas so you wouldn't miss yours. It was only read once. You missed it and you've missed it forever.

Speaking of memories, this conversation brought back another one. I wasn't in school yet, so I must have been about 5 years old. I remember when we were driving home from my Grandmothers on Christmas Eve, there was no snow on the ground and I was panicking. I kept asking how Santa was going to fly in with his sled and reindeer with no snow. My parents kept trying to assure me that he also had wheels on the sled so in the event of no snow he could still make it work. A couple years earlier I was upset because we didn't have a fireplace. My parents told me that they were just going to leave the front door unlocked so Santa could get in. Funny the things one remembers for 67 years.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Apparently, I have been driving some people in my house crazy with my nearly constant Christmas music, but we are kinda ready for Hanukkah. Yesterday cleaned the menorah up, got the groceries. When I was at the store, I couldn't figure out why there are no hash browns, completely sold out. Then I realized, I must be one of the few making latkes (potato pancakes) from scratch. Lucky boys in my house. Cooking begins tomorrow, with the big dinner on Saturday.

Yum....latkes! I'll be right over! Happy Hanukkah to your family!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom